Pot fueled psychosis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 When I first heard about States starting to legalize Marijuana, I thought we already have enough drunk drivers killing people....now they legalize pot.
I'd be curious if they have any statistics showing an increase in the rate of automobile accidents and fatalities in those states. (But not curious enough to Google it myself.)

Okay, maybe I am curious enough.

Combined, the impact of legalization and, subsequently, retail sales in the five states resulted in a 6 percent increase in injury crash rates and a 4 percent increase in fatal crash rates compared with other Western states where recreational marijuana use was illegal during the study period. Only the increase in injury crash rates was statistically significant. (Source)​

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 When I first heard about States starting to legalize Marijuana, I thought we already have enough drunk drivers killing people....now they legalize pot.
When I took my drivers test they did have a pot restriction on driving. But that doesn't stop them from driving on pot.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, just like drunk drivers keep driving.
Actually I think with pot it's actually worse. I go for walks a lot and the number of times a car has drove by with the window down and wreaked like pot as be numerous. I don't think there are that many drunks that drive by me. Although there was this one time when a truck bumped up on the curb and almost hit me. Fwew that was too close. Old guy driving the truck.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I think with pot it's actually worse. I go for walks a lot and the number of times a car has drove by with the window down and wreaked like pot as be numerous. I don't think there are that many drunks that drive by me. Although there was this one time when a truck bumped up on the curb and almost hit me. Fwew that was too close. Old guy driving the truck.

There used to be a lot more drunk drivers than there are now. They got tough on drunk drivers so people are very careful about not doing it now.

They just need to increase awareness for smoking pot and driving now...

My aunt was killed by a drunk driver back in the late 70's, she also had two of my young cousins in the car with her. She died at the scene and they were both injured in the crash. One of my cousins was in the hospital for a couple months. The drunk walked away without a scratch.

It was many instances such as the above to make them start getting really tough on drunk drivers. They'll do the same with smoking pot some day.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There used to be a lot more drunk drivers than there are now. They got tough on drunk drivers so people are very careful about not doing it now.

They just need to increase awareness for smoking pot and driving now...

My aunt was killed by a drunk driver back in the late 70's, she also had two of my young cousins in the car with her. She died at the scene and they were both injured in the crash. One of my cousins was in the hospital for a couple months. The drunk walked away without a scratch.

It was many instances such as the above to make them start getting really tough on drunk drivers. They'll do the same with smoking pot some day.
Sorry to hear about your aunt. My aunt recently died of cancer and she was a clean living person, both her daughters had cancer and also lived clean, one of those cousins is now moved on.

My neighbor smokes a lot of pot then heads for his car all the time. And I am aware, as I stated, that many others are doing it. I thought for sure my neighbor would have been arrested by now, but he continues on. You're right they have not cracked down on it yet and it is a mockery for the drunk drivers that they get away with it. Drunk drivers where I live are bludgeoned over the head with the gavel. Not that I really care, but ya. You can't even go to dinner at a restaurant, have one drink and drive home these days as they can arrest you for smelling like alcohol. But you can wreak like pot and drive like a race car driver with the turbo muffler car drawing attention to themselves and get away with it.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting intoxicated... whether by alcohol or drugs.... is sinful behavior

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Drunkenness is methe -- G3178
an intoxicant, intoxication: KJV -- drunkenness.

Notice the part about not inheriting the Kingdom of God?
That means NOT spending eternity with the Lord and going south when you die!
Those doing intoxication will be spending eternity with this guy... devil_smiley5.gif

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear about your aunt. My aunt recently died of cancer and she was a clean living person, both her daughters had cancer and also lived clean, one of those cousins is now moved on.

My neighbor smokes a lot of pot then heads for his car all the time. And I am aware, as I stated, that many others are doing it. I thought for sure my neighbor would have been arrested by now, but he continues on. You're right they have not cracked down on it yet and it is a mockery for the drunk drivers that they get away with it. Drunk drivers where I live are bludgeoned over the head with the gavel. Not that I really care, but ya. You can't even go to dinner at a restaurant, have one drink and drive home these days as they can arrest you for smelling like alcohol. But you can wreak like pot and drive like a race car driver with the turbo muffler car drawing attention to themselves and get away with it.
How does POT affect your driving, slow reaction times?
I can understand a psychotic break from reality may happen to some with excessive levels of pot in their blood.
I dont smoke or approve of POT but I think of it as a minor drug, alcohol in excess is definitely worse than pot in excess from what I know about my college roommate I had for a year around 1980. He was definitely mellowed out on POT a lot but he was fully functioning.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does POT affect your driving, slow reaction times?
Same source:
Driving simulator tests have shown that drivers who are high on marijuana react more slowly, find it harder to pay attention, have more difficulty maintaining their car’s position in the lane and make more errors when something goes wrong than they do when they’re sober. But such tests have also shown marijuana-impaired drivers are likely to drive at slower speeds, make fewer attempts to overtake and keep more distance between their vehicle and the one ahead of them.