potty training now and back then

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in the habbit of tearing off 4 sheets in a pile to conserve toliet paper.
That reminds me of a graffito I once saw:

90_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1712962853018.png

149 Ways To Wipe Your ___: Observations of a Dermatologist​

Dr. Steven F Wolfe MD

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe you can tell your relatives to bring plenty of coins when they visit you next time! :jest:

That reminds me...in an Asian country I visited in the late 1980s, there was a gal sitting at a table outside of the rest room. I recall it was some sort of place with vendors.

Anyhow, you would pay the gal so much money and she would unroll some toilet paper for you to use. Actually she was quite generous with the amount of toilet paper!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amish-built-backyard-outhouse-with-4x4-overhang.jpg

My dad grew up on a farm during the Great Depression. He said when the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalog came out in late November, they'd keep it in the outhouse, and tear out a page at a time for toilet paper. With luck, it would last until Easter.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My dad grew up on a farm during the Great Depression. He said when the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalog came out in late November, they'd keep it in the outhouse, and tear out a page at a time for toilet paper. With luck, it would last until Easter.
My mom also used the Sears catalog for toilet paper.

When they lived in the country, they had an outhouse like your photo. Once there was a black snake on the shelf in the outhouse. Her dad came and threw the snake down the riverbank. Lots of snakes there.

She had good memories living there as a child....their town and several others got demolished and covered with the Youghiogheny Dam in Pennsylvania.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One time we kids were skinny dipping in the River, someone stoe our clothes. That night, we moved their outhouse back off the hole. Their dad, came out looking at a playboy magazine with a flash light, not looking at the ground. He fell in. I tossed in a rope already tied to a tree and we all ran home. At School, all their kids were afriad of us because we were a mean group. We did things like run someone up the flag Pole nude. Once my Brother Larry hooked up a shocker to the plumbing --- when someone peed in a urnal, they got a jolt. I chained all the doors outside and someone else then triggered the fire alarm. Yes, we were not saved at that time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Lambano and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time we kids were skinny dipping in the River, someone stoe our clothes. That night, we moved their outhouse back off the hole. Their dad, came out looking at a playboy magazine with a flash light, not looking at the ground. He fell in. I tossed in a rope already tied to a tree and we all ran home. At School, all their kids were afriad of us because we were a mean group. We did things like run someone up the flag Pole nude. Once my Brother Larry hooked up a shocker to the plumbing --- when someone peed in a urnal, they got a jolt. I chained all the doors outside and someone else then triggered the fire alarm. Yes, we were not saved at that time.
:jest: Sure a good thing you guys got saved!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:jest: Sure a good thing you guys got saved!
We have 3 new Sisters in Christ. I gave them my blessing, they started asking questions, the Holy Spirit related it all to the gospel. They repented of their sins and asked our lord and savior into their lives.

Reactions: Debp