Powerful Quotes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
POWERFUL QUOTES - From Preachers:Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell; I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell. -- C.T. Studd We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first. -- Oswald J. Smith No one has the right to hear the gospel twice, while there remains someone who has not heard it once. -- Oswald J. Smith Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin, and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of heaven on earth. -- John WesleyWhile women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight - I'll fight to the very end! -- William Booth Quotes from Leonard Ravenhill: “A popular evangelist reaches your emotions. A true prophet reaches your conscience.” “The last words of Jesus to the church (in Revelation) were ‘Repent!’” “I doubt that more than two percent of professing Christians in the United States are truly born again.” “What good does it do to speak in tongues on Sunday if you have been using your tongue during the week to curse and gossip?” “Why do we expect to be better treated in this world than Jesus was?” “Today’s church wants to be raptured from responsibility.” “My main ambition in life is to be on the Devil’s most wanted list.” “When there’s something in the Bible that churches don’t like, they call it ‘legalism.’” “There’s a difference between changing your opinion, and changing your lifestyle.” “Our seminaries today are turning out dead men.” “How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don’t even have the strength to turn off your TV?” “Everyone recognizes that Stephen was Spirit-filled when he was performing wonders. Yet, he was just as Spirit-filled when he was being stoned to death.” “If a Christian is not having tribulation in the world, there’s something wrong!” “Many pastors criticize me for taking the Gospel so seriously. But do they really think that on Judgment Day, Christ will chastise me, saying, ‘Leonard, you took Me too seriously’?” “If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.” -- Leonard Ravenhill."The fundamental difference between many of us and the rich young ruler is this: He believed what Jesus said was required of him to inherit eternal life and walked away sadly, while we don't believe what Jesus said was required of us to inherit life and walk away rejoicing in our self deception." -- Brother David. "Are you saying that there is a price to pay to follow Jesus? I can't just believe the right things? I have to actually do something that may encroach upon my comfort zone? Now I remember! I am to pick up my cross daily if I want to be His disciple." -- Dennis Curtis "If you're having trouble trying to figure out if you're lukewarm, then let me help you out: If you're not on fire for God in this life, then you'll be on fire in hell during the next!" -- Unknown.Jesse Morrell comments:These are two Ravenhill quotes that I think have hit me harder then anything else he has ever said: “Finney never made an altar call within the first twenty eight nights of preaching. Most of our evangelists don’t have twenty eight sermons. Twenty eight nights in a row and he never made an altar call. He didn’t preach the love of God. He didn’t say “you’re a sinner, God loves you.” He said “God is angry with the wicked every day” (Ps 7:11) which the Word of God says. He didn’t preach grace, he preached Law. He didn’t preach love, he preached judgment. He didn’t preach heaven, he preached hell. He didn’t say “you’re a wonderful person” he said “you’re a rebel”. But he got results. 64% of D. L. Moody's converts backslid, 72% of the converts Finney got stood because he knew how to attack thehuman will, not just the emotions.” -- Leonard Ravenhill. “I don’t believe there is a man on the whole TV that preaches salvation. They preach forgiveness. Forgiveness is not salvation. They point out “there’s a man in bed with some other man's wife in a Motel". “Oh you know the Lord loves you just as you are.” Well then why get changed? Commit adultery as much as you like. He still loves you. Be a cheat, be a liar, be a thief, and be a failure. He still loves you. But there’s a scripture. Isn’t it the Psalms 7….where it says “God is angry with the wicked every day.” I heard somebody quote today “God loves you but hates your sin” that’s bunken. God hates you for committing the sin. Is God going to take your sins and judge them at the Judgment and leave youalone?” -- Leonard Ravenhill.--YES! - You have permission to post these emailsto friends or to other groups, etc.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
This isn't by a preacher but it has wisdom. Too bad the author did not live by it."I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him." --Napoleon