Pray in thy closet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think to bear your cross means to be on your way to the hill where you be like Jesus. John made it to the hill and then Jesus said , John, behold your mother. Mary means mother of God so it means dying to self and being created in the image like Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Isiah verse, He tells them they have no rest and nothing to cover their nakedness. It is said somewhere we cannot go before the lord if we are naked but in the old testament, we will find salvation when we are naked and not ashamed. I'm pretty sure it means Noa's son saw him naked, he could only see the Noah in an earthly way. He walked in backward and was ashamed of Noah yet the word of God covered Noah with the garments he could not see
Adam and Eve were naked and NOT ashamed until they had disobeyed God. Before that they were fully covered. After that recognizing their uncovered state they tried to remedy the situation with fig leaves, but like that too short of a bed and too narrow a covering in Isaiah they needed more. God was there to help. He is here to help now as well but the covering offered now is permanent, unlike the skins He provided Adam and Eve. He sent His Son and the Holy Spirit so now the Word of God itself is proffered as our covering.

Many will not accept His proffered covering, insisting on continuing under fig leaves or even with the temporary skins which are no longer able to cover them fully. Too short and too narrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were naked and NOT ashamed until they had disobeyed God. Before that they were fully covered. After that recognizing their uncovered state they tried to remedy the situation with fig leaves, but like that too short of a bed and too narrow a covering in Isaiah they needed more. God was there to help. He is here to help now as well but the covering offered now is a permanent, unlike the skins He provided Adam and Eve. He sent His Son and the Holy Spirit so now the Word of God itself is proffered as our covering.

Many will not accept His proffered covering, insisting on continuing under fig leaves or even with the temporary skins which are no longer able to cover them fully. Too short and too narrow.

"Too short and too narrow"
Hahaha, yes, I would say this for many folks today :eek:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think branding a post as following the Hegelian dialectic is kind ridiculous. After all, we are immersed in the teachings Western Civilization - what do you expect? It would be like declaring a post null because it was composed of language rooted in Latin.

It kind of made me laugh at the beginning, Byrd, (sort of like your ‘everyone i disagree with is acting like an Oracle’ phase) but now I am just bored.

So do you have a superior method of expressing ideas, Byrd? Because your ideas intrigue me, but like everyone else here, I can’t understand a word of what you post! Is that supposed to be a form of non Hegelian dialectic?

The craziest part about your posts btw is that they are deliberately jumbled and filled with unnecessary acronyms. At first I thought it was due to your autism, which makes sense until you read the messages you wrote to Victory on her page - they are perfectly clear! No need to google obscure acronyms or disassemble and reconstruct your post like some weird new dinosaur.

So what is the deal?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't even know what the hegelian dialectic is but if me and that are in agreement, fine.
well, then how can you know the naive dialectic when you hear it, if you do not know the hegelian? How will you eat what is it? and become like a little child? we're tired of all this manna, give us some meat to eat

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This from dictionary .com
Hegelian dialectic
noun
an interpretive method, originally used to relate specific entities or events to the absolute idea,in which some assertible proposition (thesis) is necessarily opposed by an equally assertibleand apparently contradictory proposition (antithesis), the mutual contradiction beingreconciled on a higher level of truth by a third proposition (synthesis).
:confused:
yes, it's crap, a fancy way to describe why we go to war, that is the "reconciled" part, thats what is meant by that. "Truth is whatever the strongest guy says it is" in a nutshell. The functional opposite of what is it? i guess

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know but that sounds allright by me.
well i guess its the only thing we know, yes, and being as how we are not taught how to reason in school, and fed strictly by the wolves/Hegelian/logical/ school, now "Hegelian" seems like this weird esoteric irrelevant thing, rather than that thing we know so well we cannot even understand the other thing, the "Naive" or "Eastern" dialectic, all we can even speak in is the Hegelian or "satan's" dialectic, see just like we're all terminally Codependent and no one knows what that means either?

How do we not know the term "Hegelian" as believers would be imo much more pertinent a Q. After satan's convo with Eve, where both are displayed so openly, right under "the Tree of Knowledge," how do we not put this together? Satan's dialectic sounds allright by you then, fine. Best of luck to you in your teaching.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well i guess its the only thing we know, yes, and being as how we are not taught how to reason in school, and fed strictly by the wolves/Hegelian/logical/ school, now "Hegelian" seems like this weird esoteric irrelevant thing, rather than that thing we know so well we cannot even understand the other thing, the "Naive" or "Eastern" dialectic, all we can even speak in is the Hegelian or "satan's" dialectic, see just like we're all terminally Codependent and no one knows what that means either?

How do we not know the term "Hegelian" as believers would be imo much more pertinent a Q. After satan's convo with Eve, where both are displayed so openly, right under "the Tree of Knowledge," how do we not put this together? Satan's dialectic sounds allright by you then, fine. Best of luck to you in your teaching.
That's all bull.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, then how can you know the naive dialectic when you hear it, if you do not know the hegelian? How will you eat what is it? and become like a little child? we're tired of all this manna, give us some meat to eat
Birds have their nests, foxes have their holes.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
  1. When you pray, don't be like those who use so many words, when thou pray, pray in thy closet and your father which is in secret and will reward you openly. Secret things are spoken in the closet but if everyone can hear they are spoken from the rooftop. So things not in secret are spoken outwardly and not hidden. Your robes of honor and robes of majesty are clothing from God, same as the robe of righteousness. These are not physical but you hang your roses in the closet so their teachings are in the closet. It means, when you pray, ask for the things that are in secret or hidden things the things from heaven are right here but in secret. Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven. Look , heaven is the firmament that covers the earth like a blanket.
'And when thou prayest,
.. thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
.... for they love to pray standing in the synagogues
...... and in the corners of the streets,
........ that they may be seen of men.
.......... Verily I say unto you,
............ They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet,
.. and when thou hast shut thy door,
.... pray to thy Father which is in secret;
...... and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
But when ye pray,
.. use not vain repetitions,
.... as the heathen do:
.... .. for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Be not ye therefore like unto them:
.. for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of,
.... before ye ask Him.'

(Matthew 6:5-8)

------------------------------------------

'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
.. for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
.... but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
...... with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts
.. knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
.... because He maketh intercession for the saints
...... according to the will of God.'

(Romans 8:26-27)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's all bull.
is it?
Are you absolutely sure, m feener, bc to me you sound convinced that you are absolutely stating a fact there?

Are you willing to bet your life that "that's all bull," sir?
Do you even realize that you are employing Satan's Dialectic there in your reply?
How could you, when you do not know what Satan's Dialectic even sounds like?

You dont think there is any relationship at all in "eating the fruit of knowledge" and your statement there, m I mean i believe you, ok, i believe you cannot see the relationship, i couldnt either i guess, only i wonder how, now; i'm not even sure! All i can put it down to is i was so immersed in the Hegelian, and raised by the wolves employing it, that i could not relate it to my reasoning processes at all; iow i just knew that that was all bull, and that "eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge" was all about good-n-evil, not about knowledge at all, yeh? See, i knew, which is what made it so obvious to those who really knew that i didnt know at all, kinda like youre doing right now maybe? He who says he knows, really does not yet know at all like he should?

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't understand why you think the eating of the knowledge of good and evil, has nothing to do with knowledge. Again, knowledge of God is the light, the words of the kingdom are knowledge. We all ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil but I present to you the knowledge of the tree of life. I call that faith and God took Abraham's knowledge, or faith, believing in Spiritual things truths, as righteousness. It has everything to do with knowledge and you can call it whatever you want but I call it Christ crucified and the only way to salavation.
As for Satan, I know exactly who and what and where he is and he has absolutely no authority over me. So now do you know what his temptations are and what it is you must overcome? If you don't know, ask me and I will tell you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'And when thou prayest,
.. thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
.... for they love to pray standing in the synagogues
...... and in the corners of the streets,
........ that they may be seen of men.
.......... Verily I say unto you,
............ They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet,
.. and when thou hast shut thy door,
.... pray to thy Father which is in secret;
...... and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
But when ye pray,
.. use not vain repetitions,
.... as the heathen do:
.... .. for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Be not ye therefore like unto them:
.. for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of,
.... before ye ask Him.'

(Matthew 6:5-8)

------------------------------------------

'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
.. for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
.... but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
...... with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts
.. knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
.... because He maketh intercession for the saints
...... according to the will of God.'

(Romans 8:26-27)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
What wonderful patterns for prayer! :)