Prayed & didn't like the answer I received?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptised in the Presbyterian church in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I have been a Presbyterian for over 70 years.
Dont you want to be in the same church the apostles are members of?

The gospel in the new testament is more than baptism.
Did you confess your faith in Christ publicly as The Ethiopian did?

New Testament Christianity does the exact pattern as those in the book of Acts.
Acts is every single example of people getting saved by obeying the gospel.
We must do as they did otherwise we are not following the same gospel.

Romans 10:9-10,
- for with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the  mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Paul teaches this confession is for salvation.
So it is a must to be saved in Jesus Christ's gospel.

Acts gives us the example of someone giving their confession,

Acts 8:37-38,
- then Philip said, if you believe with all.your heart you may
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God

- so he commanded the chariot to stand still and both Philip and the Eunch went down into the water and he baptized him

That is the confession with the mouth played out for us to see.

Matthew 10:32-33,
- Therefore whoever confesses Me before men him will I confess before My Father in heaven
But whoever denies me before men, him will I also deny before My Father in heaven

Example of those who would not make the good confession,
John 12:42,
- nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him lest they should be put out of the synagogue for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God

This good confession is for the forgiveness of sins just as baptism.
Both are in Jesus' gospel.

All new testament christians are saved the same way.
Because there is only ONE gospel of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:5,
- One Lord, ONE faith(gospel) One Spirit

1Timothy 6:12,
- Fight the good fight of faith lay hold of eternal life to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm torn between which church to go for to seek baptism, either LDS Mormon or CofE where they're currently recruiting a new vicar as all the others in my parish are homosexual or female vicars and not for me. I prayed and asked God to send me either a mormon missionary or hire a straight male into this specific church and I will go with whichever he puts before me. A week later I received a Jehovahs Witness card through the door with contact details on to the gentleman who posted it. Talk about throwing a curveball! I'll be honest the JW faith is far from my cup of tea and I don't want to contact them, I feel bad though as I asked to be shown, I have been and well I don't like it. On the other hand I'm wondering if actually God is playing a joke on me, knowing I wouldn't want to go JW to make it abundantly clear that actually I do know which church I actually want deep down and didn't need to ask such a silly question / request, and it actually confirms more of the church I was actually leaning towards which FYI is the LDS Mormon church.
I know God works in mysterious ways, but what's everyones take on this? No offense to any JWs on here its just not for me.
How about your friends and/or family that you know attend church?

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't set conditions in my prayer for how to be answered per say, there was 2 eligible churches left in my parish so I asked Him to show me which one, I don't believe God would want a female vicar, the bible is against that and I don't think He's gone "woke". I'm just going to continue praying to be sure of which church.
Why are there so few options? None of the ones you've mentioned would get my vote of confidence.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, LDS has things like that but JW doesn't believe in the holy spirit so I don't understand why that has been put before me
ya keep thinking way too much about something so very simple .
Any true man of GOD could easily water baptize you . but ya keep thinking it has to be someone from some Organization .
rather odd though , even you see the errors . WHY let any leader of any church batpize you WHEN THEY ALLOW such errors
to begin with . exactly sister . Find someone who truly believes in the LORD and just let the man baptize you .
But i would not let just any ol church do it . I dont want some leader that approves of gay marraige or etc
dunking me . Just let it be a man who loves the LORD sister . I pray such a man shows up for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you.

Here you go.

1 Timothy 2:12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quie
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:26-29

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are praying amiss. You gave Him 2 choices. Have you considered that maybe He doesn't want you in either of those denominations? Ask God to reveal Himself and His Word to you.
Without a doubt , a single doubt in my mind , I KNOW HE DONT WANT HER IN ETIHER o them places .
The problem is NOT GOD . the problem is within the heart of man . What do it desire
what is it looking for ........
but reader and all beware , for if the heart loveth evil and deceptoin
and wont recieve instruction in that which cometh of GOD .
EVEN GOD HIMSELF has said , IF the prophet be decieved , I MYSELF HAVE DECIEVED THAT PROPHET
and i will answer HIM according to THE IDOLS OF HIS OWN HEART . That is a serious fact too .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without a doubt , a single doubt in my mind , I KNOW HE DONT WANT HER IN ETIHER o them places .
The problem is NOT GOD . the problem is within the heart of man . What do it desire
what is it looking for ........
but reader and all beware , for if the heart loveth evil and deceptoin
and wont recieve instruction in that which cometh of GOD .
EVEN GOD HIMSELF has said , IF the prophet be decieved , I MYSELF HAVE DECIEVED THAT PROPHET
and i will answer HIM according to THE IDOLS OF HIS OWN HEART . That is a serious fact too .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prayed & didn't like the answer I received?​

Like that old joke, "Is there anyone else up there?"

God says "Thou Shalt..."
and I'm like, can I get a second opinion?

The Lord did that to me! He told me to move to Ohio and I didnt want to. But I thought about Jonah so here I am.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God says "Thou Shalt..."
and I'm like, can I get a second opinion?

The Lord did that to me! He told me to move to Ohio and I didnt want to. But I thought about Jonah so here I am.
Have you discovered why you are there?

He hasn't told me to move to a different city but once when I thought I'd had a stroke I ended up in hospital on the stroke ward. I felt a fraud because I wasn't ill - it turned out to be Bell's Palsy, which was healed as soon as I got home again - but for all the time I was on that ward I felt I was where God wanted me to be. I prayed all the time for everybody that came onto that ward, whether patient, doctor, surgeon, nurse, cleaner or tea lady. One day I might find out why I was there.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you discovered why you are there?

He hasn't told me to move to a different city but once when I thought I'd had a stroke I ended up in hospital on the stroke ward. I felt a fraud because I wasn't ill - it turned out to be Bell's Palsy, which was healed as soon as I got home again - but for all the time I was on that ward I felt I was where God wanted me to be. I prayed all the time for everybody that came onto that ward, whether patient, doctor, surgeon, nurse, cleaner or tea lady. One day I might find out why I was there.

Yes I have and (at least one reason, maybe 2?) and as it turned out (so far) it was for the good and I can see that in different ways. And He set me up real fine so I'm praising the Lord and wondering what's next? Because let's face it, God always does things multi-tiered so something is coming to me.

It was weird how He told me to come here. I know a guy from another christian forum and we were phone buddies, but I've never met him yet. One day he called me and said, Ed, I dunno what this means but the Lord told me to tell you to give your business to your son and move back to Ohio where you're from.../

And that was never in the plan. I lived in Colorful Colorado for about 30 years and never wanted to move back here. Who moves from Colorado to Ohio anyway..? In Colorado all you need is gas money to have fun, just go to the Mountains! Shooting range, camping, Seven Falls, Garden of the Gods and climb on the rocks, Fishing, anything you want. Like being on permanent vacation. And I'm taking it all in on the phone and already thinking, No Way am I moving to Ohio. I'm from Columbus and have Family there, but I was the one that moved away, lol! I didnt want to raise my kids in Columbus.

But my buddy keeps on talking to me on the phone and he starts telling me some other things and he begins talking about my life and speaking things to me about my life...that I know very well that I never told him! Drat! That can only mean that it is the Lord like he said. The Lord gave him words of knowledge about me to confirm to me that, the message wwas real and from Him. It took me 6 months to hit the road and I think I grumbled all the way, but here I am!

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jessicaleks93,

Did you check out the JW in person?
the key is check out the doctrine of the jw and its tower .
for many peoples of atheism and even false religoins can appear to be kind and loving and yet
and YET they do not KNOW GOD , they do not know CHRIST .
I would examine their beliefs and doctrines before joining anyone . cause , as i wrote afore ,
long ago even i used to be kind and appeared loving and yet still i loved my sin and still i walked in darkness .
Todays folks would have thought me saved and loving GOD way back then . ONLY i didnt LOVE GOD at all back then .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The key is to act on answered prayers - with a grateful and humble heart.
Two things occur wrangler . but since you been to busy making speeches against those who point to the book
that could have shown you your error . I leave thee to yourself . that breaks my heart to even have to say that to you .
I felt tears even moisten up in my eyes as i wrote that to you . BUT YOU aint listening my friend . You have chosen your god
and i have chosen mine . and the thing is they contradict each other . SO someone is wrong , we cant both be right .
To find the answer to that , WELL TRY READING THE BIBLE FOR YOU and stop trying to attack those those who remind folks to get in that book
often .