prayer due to death in family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, when my wife of 50 years died 5 years ago, I was totally unprepared for the intense pain that would follow, 1000x worse than anything I had ever before experienced during my entire life. :-(

But was all worth it, and I wouldn't change anything. 50 years of joy in exchange for a few years of pain.
We just passed 48 and fully intend to make the 50 together. We also decided jokingly that we would die together so that neither of us would have to go on alone. Of course, we have not real control on that. It is hard for me imagine living alone without her. Both of our children and said repeatedly that if one us were to die the other could live with them. We love our children, but neither of us want to live them. I hope that we never have to...

I have learned to thank God for what He has given me, instead of what He has [temporarily] taken away. And I not only thank Him every day for those 50 years we enjoyed together, but all the wondrous children and grandchildren HE has given me through her, not to mention DIL's and their families.
I loved my two children growing up in our home. I used to play with them like a little kid. I did the same thing with my grandchildren, but the youngest of them is now in college. I tried getting down on the floor to play with my great grandson but needed help getting up again. I had to stop that. Now, visits are seldom. They have their own lives and the lockdowns limit them. Really we wouldn't want them too often or too long, but now is usually less than that.

The memories remain. I have always taken pictures and now I have thousands of them in this computer and a duplicate set on another computers. Once in a while I will put on a little slideshow to bring to the fore some of those wonderful times we had.

Instead of checking the news each day, I start off checking the local obituaries. :)
My wife does that. When we moved to this our probably final place of residence in this world she had them mail us the local newspaper from the old town for a few years, but that paper subsequently died due to the Internet probably. She still gets the local newspaper in our new town of residence but with the onset of this Covid-19 thing they used it as an excuse to reduce their 6 days a week daily personally delivered papers to a 3 day a week delivered by the U.S. mail. She has learned to check the obituaries via the Internet and when she finds someone we knew she refers it me so I can add it to my obituary collection. Oh the memories as Bob Hope said or sang...

As I approach the end of the road, reg
ardless of the pain, it has all been worth it!
Without a doubt that. Give God the glory!