Prayer for my Ex-Husband

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first ex-husband Paul, just found out recently that he has a blockage in the artery of his leg. He is going in for surgery August 3rd. I believe they are going to try to stint it, but they told him they may have to take the leg.
This scared him enough to leave me a message on my FB account and he asked me to call.
And so I just got off the phone and I can hear the worry in his voice.

Some years ago he was diagnosed with:
Ataxia: describes a lack of muscle control or coordination of voluntary movements, such as walking or picking up objects. A sign of an underlying condition, ataxia can affect various movements and create difficulties with speech, eye movement and swallowing.

We have been divorced almost 30 years now. I haven't spoken to him in at least 10.
We divorced consentually after 16 years. Things just didn't work out for us.
So we both moved on.
But He and His wife are always in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Thank You
Hugs

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ziggy, so sorry. Why are they leaving surgery until the 3rd of august ?
If there is a blockage and danger of losing the leg would that not be classed as urgent and require an op now!
I sure hope he doesn’t lose the leg, will be praying xx
Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy, so sorry. Why are they leaving surgery until the 3rd of august ?
If there is a blockage and danger of losing the leg would that not be classed as urgent and require an op now!
I sure hope he doesn’t lose the leg, will be praying xx
Rita
Thank You Rita,
I don't have all the details. They probably have to have some tests before it can be done.
It was very difficult speaking to him as his wife was dominating the call with her own life.
I did gather that, his feet had become very swollen and painful so he went to the doctor and that's when they found the blockage.
He said the doctor said, that if he had waited to come in a couple more months, he would have lost his leg or worse.
They also told him, and I'm sure it's normal practice, that he could have a heart attack, stroke, or even die while under surgery.
So he has been given a good dose of fear before they even begin.
I live in Maine, they are in California. If I could visit face to face I would probably understand better.
All I do know for sure is he's worried.
And all I could do was try and give him as much positive hope and told him I would pray, and that everything would be ok.
He's not a religious man.
Frustrating trying to talk to him though. I think she had the phone on speaker some distance from him. Because it seemed he had to try to force himself to speak from the other side of the room.
Whatever..
He knows I know, and he knows I'm thinking about him and praying for him.
Perhaps that will take the edge off a little.

I will probably call again before the 3rd. I just don't want to appear as if I'm interfering...

it's a long story...lol
And it's not important at this time.
The only thing that is important is giving him a positive attitude and hope to still his fears.
Thank You for your prayers.
HUGS

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ziggy,
I understand completely - I had a ‘ new partner ‘ of my ex when he was going through the latter stages of cancer, and sadly after he had died. My children still have so much anger towards her.
I hope this whole situation will challenge your ex to reflect on a few things, often when we are at our lowest our guards come down. May the Holy Spirit use it, and you , within the situation xxxx
Not sure if it’s the same there, but over here you get the long list of risks before any surgery , even with children’s ops. Years ago you only got what you needed to know, then people started to sue so they had to cover themselves.
Will continue to pray xxx

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ziggy,
I understand completely - I had a ‘ new partner ‘ of my ex when he was going through the latter stages of cancer, and sadly after he had died. My children still have so much anger towards her.
I hope this whole situation will challenge your ex to reflect on a few things, often when we are at our lowest our guards come down. May the Holy Spirit use it, and you , within the situation xxxx
Not sure if it’s the same there, but over here you get the long list of risks before any surgery , even with children’s ops. Years ago you only got what you needed to know, then people started to sue so they had to cover themselves.
Will continue to pray xxx
I hold no grudges. We actually all worked in the same company after my divorce and their marriage. Sometimes we all drove together.
It's that she is so... self-centered. She wanted to tell me about her new job at Amazon, her trip to the zoo with the grandchildren, etc..
All the while, I can hear him in the background trying to tell me what he is feeling about what he had just learned.
And she kept speaking for him and cutting him off. I know he has trouble talking with this Ataxia he was diagnosed with, and it's an effort for him to speak. He was trying so hard to tell me his experiences...
It was frustrating. I had to cut her off a couple times by saying:
I'm sorry Paul, what was that you said?
And if I asked him a question she would quickly give a short answer and continue about her life.
Anywhooo..
I know what she is like. Like I said, we all worked together for about 3 years, even after I got remarried. And my new husband also came to work for the company. We worked in the printing industry and my new husband became the delivery man.
There was never any bad feelings. We just had to go our seperate ways.

They eventually moved to California where her family is, and I moved to Florida where my 2nd ex's family lived.
I had my 2nd divorce due to the fact that we were both diagnosed with blockages in our aorta's.
We didn't have any health insurance. Couldn't afford it. So in order to get help....
And I had to stay home from trucking and he went out on the road for months at a time.
When Irma hit in 2017? I asked him to come home because his mother and I were worried about the hurricane and we may need help.
He told me he didn't want to put the truck in jeapordy and he didn't think it was a good idea to come home.

When news of Maria the 2nd hurricane was coming, His mother begged me to bring her north to her other sons house in NH.
I called my dad and asked if I could stay at the camp we had in Maine.
The property in Fl. was flooded. Everything was gone. And I was told basically, I could stay where I was, I wasn't needed back there.
So here I am in Maine. And I'm single and I'm happy.
I still hold no grudges and hope the best for them all.

I am where exactly God wants me to be.
And I'm not going to argue about it.
:)
Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: dev553344

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hold no grudges. We actually all worked in the same company after my divorce and their marriage. Sometimes we all drove together.
It's that she is so... self-centered. She wanted to tell me about her new job at Amazon, her trip to the zoo with the grandchildren, etc..
All the while, I can hear him in the background trying to tell me what he is feeling about what he had just learned.
And she kept speaking for him and cutting him off. I know he has trouble talking with this Ataxia he was diagnosed with, and it's an effort for him to speak. He was trying so hard to tell me his experiences...
It was frustrating. I had to cut her off a couple times by saying:
I'm sorry Paul, what was that you said?
And if I asked him a question she would quickly give a short answer and continue about her life.
Anywhooo..
I know what she is like. Like I said, we all worked together for about 3 years, even after I got remarried. And my new husband also came to work for the company. We worked in the printing industry and my new husband became the delivery man.
There was never any bad feelings. We just had to go our seperate ways.

They eventually moved to California where her family is, and I moved to Florida where my 2nd ex's family lived.
I had my 2nd divorce due to the fact that we were both diagnosed with blockages in our aorta's.
We didn't have any health insurance. Couldn't afford it. So in order to get help....
And I had to stay home from trucking and he went out on the road for months at a time.
When Irma hit in 2017? I asked him to come home because his mother and I were worried about the hurricane and we may need help.
He told me he didn't want to put the truck in jeapordy and he didn't think it was a good idea to come home.

When news of Maria the 2nd hurricane was coming, His mother begged me to bring her north to her other sons house in NH.
I called my dad and asked if I could stay at the camp we had in Maine.
The property in Fl. was flooded. Everything was gone. And I was told basically, I could stay where I was, I wasn't needed back there.
So here I am in Maine. And I'm single and I'm happy.
I still hold no grudges and hope the best for them all.

I am where exactly God wants me to be.
And I'm not going to argue about it.
Thank You
Hugs
Thank you for sharing Ziggy, I held no grudges with my ex or his partner, it was my children who had issues. I worked through things with the Lords help.
I am equally happy, single and where God wanted me to be…..it’s a good place xxxx
So sorry about the flooding, the hurricanes sounded awful - I remember hearing about the really bad ones.
We have only really had one bad hurricane, in 1987 …..and it took us all by surprise, flooding is not something I have ever experienced x
Rita

Reactions: dev553344 and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Ziggy, I held no grudges with my ex or his partner, it was my children who had issues. I worked through things with the Lords help.
I am equally happy, single and where God wanted me to be…..it’s a good place xxxx
So sorry about the flooding, the hurricanes sounded awful - I remember hearing about the really bad ones.
We have only really had one bad hurricane, in 1987 …..and it took us all by surprise, flooding is not something I have ever experienced x
Rita
The fun part was packing 10 cats, a dog, and my mother-in law in a small mini van and driving for 3 days.
I have no night vision, so I had to travel 1200 miles up the east coast by day.
She INSISTED on sleeping in the car so as not to have to spend any extra money.
I had the money, but wasn't about to leave her alone in the car with all the animals all night LOL.

Some people are very stubborn.. LOL
It was an adventure.
There is a reason for everything and God is in control.
My mother-in law lives in an apartment complex in NH less than a mile from her ...
If I say son it would be proper and yet they refer to be called a daughter...so..
Cindy (who used to be Dale) is able to take care of her and her finances, shopping, doctors, etc.
She is 86 and her eyesight is just about gone. She has a new hip, a new thigh bone and 2 new knees.
She calls me almost daily. She doesn't have any company and this covid didn't help.

Kind of a Naomi/Ruth relationship.
My husband didn't die, we just divorced. And she thought that that would end our relationship.
I just told her... your not your son, I didn't marry you.. your still my mum.

Her other daughter in law got a divorce when she found out her husband would rather be a wife.
And yet she still goes shopping for her, visits her when she can. She lives about 30 minutes away.
Helps her check the food for expiration dates.. etc..

She tells us all the time that she is the most blessed mother-in-law in the world.
But in truth.. it is she that blesses us, by giving us someone to love and care for even when the world tells you,
this isn't common.
HUGS

Reactions: Rita and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister in law lost her leg, really traumatic, will pray. I hope he will be OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Rita,
I don't have all the details. They probably have to have some tests before it can be done.
It was very difficult speaking to him as his wife was dominating the call with her own life.
I did gather that, his feet had become very swollen and painful so he went to the doctor and that's when they found the blockage.
He said the doctor said, that if he had waited to come in a couple more months, he would have lost his leg or worse.
They also told him, and I'm sure it's normal practice, that he could have a heart attack, stroke, or even die while under surgery.
So he has been given a good dose of fear before they even begin.
I live in Maine, they are in California. If I could visit face to face I would probably understand better.
All I do know for sure is he's worried.
And all I could do was try and give him as much positive hope and told him I would pray, and that everything would be ok.
He's not a religious man.
Frustrating trying to talk to him though. I think she had the phone on speaker some distance from him. Because it seemed he had to try to force himself to speak from the other side of the room.
Whatever..
He knows I know, and he knows I'm thinking about him and praying for him.
Perhaps that will take the edge off a little.

I will probably call again before the 3rd. I just don't want to appear as if I'm interfering...

it's a long story...lol
And it's not important at this time.
The only thing that is important is giving him a positive attitude and hope to still his fears.
Thank You for your prayers.
HUGS

Ziggy, my guess is that even though he is not "religious", he is very much comforted by your prayers for him. I will pray after sending this off for the whole situation. hopefully next time you speak with him, it will not be on speaker :/
You've sowed seeds along the way I'm sure, and prayer will have God send someone to water and He will give the increase sister. I had a very long time dear friend who never stopped praying for me to come back to The Lord and, in the midst of my life of sin, I took such comfort in knowing that.
God bless you and the whole situation.
xo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ziggy, my guess is that even though he is not "religious", he is very much comforted by your prayers for him. I will pray after sending this off for the whole situation. hopefully next time you speak with him, it will not be on speaker :/
You've sowed seeds along the way I'm sure, and prayer will have God send someone to water and He will give the increase sister. I had a very long time dear friend who never stopped praying for me to come back to The Lord and, in the midst of my life of sin, I took such comfort in knowing that.
God bless you and the whole situation.
xo
Thank You Nancy,
He was never much into the Spiritual realm. He always lived by the rules of the world.
Hard worker, money maker, sports fanatic....
I went through some interesting times in my early 20's. We were married when I just turned 18 and he was 27.
I had just been introduced a year prior to the book of Revelation. And with Y2K looming in the near future..
I dug deep into prophecy and the end of the world.
So He kind of lived on that side of Jordan, and I was just starting my journey across this side of the Jordan.
And we stayed together for 16 years through turbulent weather for the sake of my daughter.
He had adopted her when she was 4. They never quite saw eye to eye.
He had a rough and abusive childhood. I don't think he knew quite how to be a father.
But he did the best he could.
After she turned 18 and the marriage had been long dead. We both decided it was better to go our own ways.

Perhaps the seeds were dropped along all those years.. I know I drove him crazy sometimes lol
And maybe some of those seeds have been growing lately.
He reached out to me... he didn't have to.
But I think he knows I will always be there for him in times of need.
Maybe that's the beginning of a step forward.
Prayer will take the eyes off me and put them on the Lord himself.

I have a feeling he will find his journey with his wife, the same I found with him.
LOL
I pray for him to persevere..

Thank You
Hugs

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Nancy,
He was never much into the Spiritual realm. He always lived by the rules of the world.
Hard worker, money maker, sports fanatic....
I went through some interesting times in my early 20's. We were married when I just turned 18 and he was 27.
I had just been introduced a year prior to the book of Revelation. And with Y2K looming in the near future..
I dug deep into prophecy and the end of the world.
So He kind of lived on that side of Jordan, and I was just starting my journey across this side of the Jordan.
And we stayed together for 16 years through turbulent weather for the sake of my daughter.
He had adopted her when she was 4. They never quite saw eye to eye.
He had a rough and abusive childhood. I don't think he knew quite how to be a father.
But he did the best he could.
After she turned 18 and the marriage had been long dead. We both decided it was better to go our own ways.

Perhaps the seeds were dropped along all those years.. I know I drove him crazy sometimes lol
And maybe some of those seeds have been growing lately.
He reached out to me... he didn't have to.
But I think he knows I will always be there for him in times of need.
Maybe that's the beginning of a step forward.
Prayer will take the eyes off me and put them on the Lord himself.

I have a feeling he will find his journey with his wife, the same I found with him.
LOL
I pray for him to persevere..

Thank You
Hugs

Yes, he sure did reach out to you so, somewhere down deep he is aware of the truth of God...I pray that God will remove the obstacles preventing him from seeing and seeking Christ.
God is bigger than his lack of belief...and His Word is TRUE and LIVING, amen. He wishes that NONE should perish! :)
God bless you fiercely sister.

Reactions: Ziggy