Praying for others in public is wrong, right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Matthew 18​

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
I wonder if it's any two: whether it doesn't include the person being prayer for (praying in public for others) or it includes the person being prayed for and one of two others or it can be both.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally believe that God wants us to connect for others and care for others, so asking someone to pray for you is a way to make this happen. Knowing someone else cares about you I think has value, and also stopping to reflect on someone else's suffering also has value. God acts on the world often though human agents, and part of being a Christian is sharing your faith and struggles and kindness with others.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I personally believe that God wants us to connect for others and care for others, so asking someone to pray for you is a way to make this happen. Knowing someone else cares about you I think has value, and also stopping to reflect on someone else's suffering also has value. God acts on the world often though human agents, and part of being a Christian is sharing your faith and struggles and kindness with others.
Yes I do think it's very important to connect and show care for others by praying with them if they ask for prayer, those instances, and that it has value to miss it if we can't do that kind of thing at all and as long as the motive is right. What are other's thoughts on this?
@stredaleve there are people on this forum who think it depends on motive and praying with 2 or 3 people in a gathering is ok or praying with the person who is in hardship is ok, what r your thoughts?

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In what scripture, did Jesus do a public prayer for others? I don't recall it. :( Yes, if you're praying together on a matter and you're in a group to agree on a matter and you have no wrong motive and you care then it's ok to pray in public for others.

I was referring to prayers said aloud in public.....I never intended “ for others” , although that may well be in the Bible if I did a search.....

Jesus prayed aloud at the Last Supper and the time He resurrected Lazarus .....those are just two examples off the top of my head....

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a prayer of praise prayed aloud:

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to infants. 26 Yes, Father, for this way was well pleasing in Your sight. (Matthew 11:25-26)

We can only speculate on why Jesus chose to pray this one aloud. A teachable moment? In any case, I don't see anything that would make one think He was doing it to draw attention to Himself or draw praise from people.