Praying for Revival!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was more drawn towards that speaker and his emotional cry to pray for revival for we never know what God is doing through the lives of those who pray for it and how it even begins.
I was more drawn to the women he mentioned, we will all respond differently to things we watch, and that guides the way we pray and reflect x
Rita

Duncan Campbell was the minister at the heart of the Hebrides Revival in 1949-54. I'm posting a video in which he explains how the revival unfolded step by step, including the central role of the octogenarian Smith sisters, aunts of Donald Trump's mother:

youtube hebrides revival - Bing video

What blows me away is how supernatural God's invasion of the Hebrides was. I'm also intrigued by the apparent tipping points that allowed the revival to explode. If Christians want revival, why don't they study what the central figures of past great revivals did to bring down God's spectacular blessing?

If you were inspired by that video, you might also be impressed by J. Edwin Orr's lecture on how God used an emotionally unstable coal miner, Evan Roberts, to trigger the great Welsh Revival of 1904-1905:

Welsh revival orr youtube - Bing video

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Duncan Campbell was the minister at the heart of the Hebrides Revival in 1949-54. I'm posting a video in which he explains how the revival unfolded step by step, including the central role of the octogenarian Smith sisters, aunts of Donald Trump's mother:

What blows me away is how supernatural God's invasion of the Hebrides was. I'm also intrigued by the apparent tipping points that allowed the revival to explode. If Christians want revival, why don't they study what the central figures of past great revivals did to bring down God's spectacular blessing?

If you were inspired by that video, you might also be impressed by J. Edwin Orr's lecture on how God used an emotionally unstable coal miner, Evan Roberts, to trigger the great Welsh Revival of 1904-1905:

The best teacher is the one who has lived what they teach!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have started it but I decided to wait until tomorrow when I am fresh and wide awake.
Thanks for sharing.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I perceive is missing in what he has written is how do you keep a revival/move of the spirit to continue after it has started.

reminds me of: Galatians 4:11-19 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. [12] Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am ; for I am as ye are : ye have not injured me at all. [13] Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. [14] And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. [15] Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. [16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? [17] They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. [18] But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. [19] My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The author of this book has travelled the world telling people how to start revivals, but sadly after he leaves the spark he created during his visit is extinguished.

What I perceive is missing in what he has written is how do you keep a revival/move of the spirit to continue after it has started.

My understanding is that if you teach a person how to fish, then he should never go hungry, but so much focus is on the steps needed to start a revival/fishing that people forget the requirements of how you maintain the revival/fishing once it begins.

What is needed within the church is teaching on how to remain holy in everything that we do. To put it another way, How to maintain their relationship with God once the excitement fades.

If we focus on teaching people how they can be holy and how to maintain that holiness once they embrace it, then a revival will break out in the midst of that community.

To many itinerate preaches go into an area to "dance up a revival" without providing the teaching on how to maintain the communities relationship over time focused on their relationship with God.

Shalom

The author of what book?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The author of what book?

I provided a link to the following site: - Revivals Index

Without rigorously checking who all the authors of the books listed are, there is only one dominate author at the linked site with many of the books that he has published. He did his doctorate studies primarily on how revivals were started and not on how revivals survived after they started as many so called revivals evaporated fairly quickly.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I provided a link to the following site: - Revivals Index

Without rigorously checking who all the authors of the books listed are, there is only one dominate author at the linked site with many of the books that he has published. He did his doctorate studies primarily on how revivals were started and not on how revivals survived after they started as many so called revivals evaporated fairly quickly.
Thank you for that. Being autistic, I don't always catch onto to some things said unless they are specific.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
reminds me of: Galatians 4:11-19 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. [12] Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am ; for I am as ye are : ye have not injured me at all. [13] Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. [14] And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. [15] Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. [16] Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? [17] They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. [18] But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you. [19] My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
@VictoryinJesus Great passage there!