Pre-Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 9, 2010
didnt take me long after picking up my bible and reading the very first chapter of genesis that indeed you are correct in there being an Earth age before man, but Adam was not made on the 8th day. it does not say that on the 8th day God formed man, when it is described the forming of man it is only explaining what happened on the 6th day

I made no mention of "the 8th day". If you examine my writings above, you will see that I informed the viewers that Adam was formed thereafter the 7th day [just as scripture lays it out for us]. The Bible is silent as to how long after the 7th day of rest did God form Adam.

Having clarified the record, one can determine from science that Adam was likely formed within 1,000 years after the 7th Day of rest. Bible chronologists have established the formation of Adam to have taken place a few years before 4,000 B.C. [6,000 years ago]. The Pleistocene ended about 14,000 years ago. If one adds the 7,000 years for the 6 days of creation and 1 day of rest [each day being 1000 years -- 2 Pet. 3], there are 13,000 years accounted for already. Then, there was the time in which the earth was flooded after the end of the Pleistocene and the time between the end of the 7th day of rest to the formation of Adam to take up the remaining 1,000 years[14,000 - 13,000 = 1,000].

I would surmise that most, if not all, of that unaccounted 1,000 years was when the earth was flooded [Gen. 1:2]. Scientists have discovered a layer of sediment throughout the world with no fossil remains contained therein. Accordingly, IMO, Adam was formed almost immediately after God's 7th Day of rest.