Pressured to do something sexual

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not in any shape for finding a wife or possibly girlfriend, and there are so many reasons why it just isn’t the right time for me to engage in adult activity.

Where to start? I’m fat and ugly, and my ugliness is compounded by the fact that I have gorilla body hair. That is not hyperbole: My body hair is so long, so thick, and so unsightly that it looks like it belongs to some type of lower primate.

Granted, it’s possible to get rid of the obscene body hair. There is laser hair removal, which permanently destroys most of the hair follicles in six treatments (though usually up to twelve treatments are recommended for 100% removal, and this can take a year I think). Problem is this: I don’t have any money right now to afford it.

And by the way, did I mention I have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), and the pain has spread to my upper shoulders, upper arms, back of neck, and parts of my lower back? This has led to me having slouched-over posture to cope with the pain and muscle tightness from CTS. Again, I don’t have any money and therefore cannot get a surgeon to heal it. There aren’t any Medicaid hand surgeons in my area; I’ve tried so many times to find one, but none of them take it.

Let’s review so far: I’m fat, I’m ugly, I have excessive, disgusting body hair, my posture is ruined from CTS (which cannot be treated at this time with surgery), and I have no money. Not having any money is probably the worst of these, since an ugly guy can won’t have a problem finding a wife (or girlfriend) so long as he has enough money. And I have none of it; therefore all listed problems cannot be resolved until I do.

Why do I bring up this subject? Why do I feel the need to elaborate on why, given my present abject circumstances and abysmal appearance, it isn’t possible to engage in a relationship with adult activity? Because I feel like God is pressuring me to do it (since he feels sorry for me because I'm a mid-thirties virgin), and I don’t want to do it. Is it not impossible considering everything I described? I don’t even have a car to go anywhere for Pete’s sake!

To be honest, I’m not interested in dating. Dating means having a sexual relationship and friendship with somebody, and usually this relationship is temporary; very few boyfriend/girlfriend couples go on to get married. And virtually every time they have dated other sex partners before the current ones. This means that if I chose to get a girlfriend, she would have slept with someone else or, more likely, other people. This is not something I, a virgin, could tolerate.

God said he will make sure I’m financially successful soon, and he told me my marriage with a wife (who is a virgin with no boyfriend before) will happen sometime when I’m 38 years old. That’s a few years from now; I don’t mind waiting.

Please pray and ask God not to pressure me to have adult activity anymore; it’s something I’m uncomfortable with for the reasons I described, and having sex with someone doesn’t make sense given that I’m a basket case in my present circumstances. I’m sure he feels bad for me because I’m a virgin in my mid-thirties. But ultimately it doesn’t matter because in a few years I’ll marry a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before, and we will have a happy marriage and big family.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have carpal tunnel syndrome

Have your doctors advised you how to limit the affects of cts?
That is to have a wrist support in front of your keyboard, to wear a wrist brace or splint, and to loose weight.

These may only give temporary help, as would anti inflammatory injections.

Reactions: amadeus

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Lord bless Saint of Light, and this prayer request, bind every power of darkness and help Saint of Light, to live a righteous & Holy life for you, Lord bless Saint of Light. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Saint of Light

A bit belated welcome to the forum.

I noticed this post and went back and read all of you posts.

You are very articulate in your speech, which in my view reveals much about your personal character and understanding abilities.
You appear to have your closest ties and relationships with people of the medical field, rather than friends, and obviously no co-workers, sort of a self-isolation, self-deciding your own unworthiness.

Flat out, I do not believe God is pressuring you to engage in a romance relationship.
Gods WAY is for an individual to first and foremost BE in a True Friendship relationship With Him, Before being prepared to BE in a healthy relationship with others. It’s step by step, little by little.
You deciding what You think of and do for yourself…rather than Being what You think how others see you, appears to be your present circumstances.
Drugs, alcohol, overweight, don’t work, lonely, multiple diagnosed medical issues…
Are not attractive, Are not a preparation for healthy relationships, with God, with other people.
Not trying to be harsh, but real. You sound strong in some expressions of communication yet, weak in making sound good for you, Hard decisions.
- World Society at large is programed to be rude and crude by outside appearance.
- World Society of professionals are programed to band-aid and continue band-aiding your issues.

I will pray FOR you, but not for what specifically asked.
I will pray TO God, that;
* He will put in your PATH, the exact persons you NEED, for help and encouragement, for your weight, (that which by and large is a catalyst for a number of your medical issues).
* He will put in your PATH, the exact persons you NEED, for help and encouragement, for establishing a circle of good Godly friendships (that which by and large is a healthy mental solution to loneliness).
* He will guide YOU, to recognize what He Puts before you and encourages your acceptance to MAKE your own STANDING willing to MAKE the HARD choices FOR your own well being.

Living like an unworthy victim is miserable, unrewarding, and easy to do.
Hard is rising above. Making the decision to not have time to BE the downtrodden, takes personal strength… and then doing it ALONE is for the most part impossible.
My suggestion would be, to search your inner self, and MAKE a Choice what you truly want your life TO BE.
And thereafter HAVE a serious conversation …
Don’t know if you ARE Born Again…
IF not…your conversation would be with Christ Jesus.
IF so…your conversation would be with God.

And tell Him your decision and your desire and willingness for a change, and ASK for His guidance and HELP. Be specific. Be serious. Be genuine.
Help means assist, NOT do it for you.

He will not Fail you.
Don’t Fail yourself.

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, I’m not interested in dating. Dating means having a sexual relationship and friendship with somebody, and usually this relationship is temporary; very few boyfriend/girlfriend couples go on to get married. And virtually every time they have dated other sex partners before the current ones. This means that if I chose to get a girlfriend, she would have slept with someone else or, more likely, other people. This is not something I, a virgin, could tolerate.
Why do you assume that dating requires sex??? Biblically, that would be a sin. You're insistent upon accusing God for something He would never do. You aren't hearing His voice. I know you know this. For some reason, you love going on and on saying God told you things He didn't tell you.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray and ask God not to pressure me to have adult activity anymore; it’s something I’m uncomfortable with for the reasons I described, and having sex with someone doesn’t make sense given that I’m a basket case in my present circumstances.
God is not telling you to engage in sex outside of marriage. Period. You need deliverance first and foremost. Do you have any mental diagnoses?
Praying for your salvation and deliverance from these demonic entities who are lying to you.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not in any shape for finding a wife or possibly girlfriend, and there are so many reasons why it just isn’t the right time for me to engage in adult activity.

Where to start? I’m fat and ugly, and my ugliness is compounded by the fact that I have gorilla body hair. That is not hyperbole: My body hair is so long, so thick, and so unsightly that it looks like it belongs to some type of lower primate.

Granted, it’s possible to get rid of the obscene body hair. There is laser hair removal, which permanently destroys most of the hair follicles in six treatments (though usually up to twelve treatments are recommended for 100% removal, and this can take a year I think). Problem is this: I don’t have any money right now to afford it.

And by the way, did I mention I have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), and the pain has spread to my upper shoulders, upper arms, back of neck, and parts of my lower back? This has led to me having slouched-over posture to cope with the pain and muscle tightness from CTS. Again, I don’t have any money and therefore cannot get a surgeon to heal it. There aren’t any Medicaid hand surgeons in my area; I’ve tried so many times to find one, but none of them take it.

Let’s review so far: I’m fat, I’m ugly, I have excessive, disgusting body hair, my posture is ruined from CTS (which cannot be treated at this time with surgery), and I have no money. Not having any money is probably the worst of these, since an ugly guy can won’t have a problem finding a wife (or girlfriend) so long as he has enough money. And I have none of it; therefore all listed problems cannot be resolved until I do.

Why do I bring up this subject? Why do I feel the need to elaborate on why, given my present abject circumstances and abysmal appearance, it isn’t possible to engage in a relationship with adult activity? Because I feel like God is pressuring me to do it (since he feels sorry for me because I'm a mid-thirties virgin), and I don’t want to do it. Is it not impossible considering everything I described? I don’t even have a car to go anywhere for Pete’s sake!

God said he will make sure I’m financially successful soon, and he told me my marriage with a wife (who is a virgin with no boyfriend before) will happen sometime when I’m 38 years old. That’s a few years from now; I don’t mind waiting.

Please pray and ask God not to pressure me to have adult activity anymore; it’s something I’m uncomfortable with for the reasons I described, and having sex with someone doesn’t make sense given that I’m a basket case in my present circumstances. I’m sure he feels bad for me because I’m a virgin in my mid-thirties. But ultimately it doesn’t matter because in a few years I’ll marry a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before, and we will have a happy marriage and big family.
I have news for you. It is not God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God does not pressure you for anything. It is your own self image and the devil who accuses. That said, get into healthy eating and move your body....yup, push it with determination.....a thumping heart and gasping lungs on a regular basis does wonders for oxygen supply .....and self image. :)

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m fat and ugly, and my ugliness is compounded by the fact that I have gorilla body hair. That is not hyperbole: My body hair is so long, so thick, and so unsightly that it looks like it belongs to some type of lower primate.
You are made in the image of God ~ fearfully and wonderfully made, knit together in your mother's womb ~ and your identity is in Christ Jesus. God looks on you and sees Christ ~ because you are clothed in His righteousness. You are as beautiful as can possibly be... because Christ Jesus is. See yourself as God sees you (not how you see you... or how you think the world sees you). :)

...did I mention I have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), and the pain has spread to my upper shoulders, upper arms, back of neck, and parts of my lower back? This has led to me having slouched-over posture to cope with the pain and muscle tightness from CTS.
This is a result of the Fall, and is but one manifestation of the human condition. Still... see above. :) And many of us have "thorns of the flesh," just like the Apostle Paul did. There is a reason for your suffering, and for you to endure it somehow glorifies God. It's very hard to do, but somehow we must rejoice in our suffering. One great day, we will look back ~ when no longer suffering, in the next life ~ and see that what we endured was the perfect thing for us at the perfect time, that through it all He was making us into exactly what we were intended to be, which is just like Christ Jesus, and we will praise God for it. Hard to fathom at present, I'm sure, but absolutely true. :)

Why do I bring up this subject? Why do I feel the need to elaborate on why, given my present abject circumstances and abysmal appearance, it isn’t possible to engage in a relationship with adult activity? Because I feel like God is pressuring me to do it (since he feels sorry for me because I'm a mid-thirties virgin), and I don’t want to do it. Is it not impossible considering everything I described?
God may be calling you to marriage. He may not be; it may be a temptation from the tempter (who is not God at all). But if it is God calling you... :) And... nothing is impossible with God. :) And... you can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you. :)

To be honest, I’m not interested in dating.
Again, if God is calling you... See above.

Dating means having a sexual relationship...
Absolutely not. Sex is something God has given us and by far the most intimate expression of love possible within a human relationship, and is reserved for one man with one woman in the context of marriage, which is an institution ordained by God from the beginning of time. He brought Eve to Adam, and if He chooses to bring a wife to you, then by all means, get married, and have sex within the context of that marriage... for the glory of God, and for your enjoyment, with your wife, of Him.

... if I chose to get a girlfriend, she would have slept with someone else or, more likely, other people. This is not something I, a virgin, could tolerate.
Fair enough. But again, God may be calling you, and could call you to marriage even in that circumstance.

Hmmm. Be careful with that (God telling you stuff) on both counts. God can bless you in any state or condition, regardless of circumstance. But waiting on the Lord, while many times very hard, is a good thing. :)

Please pray and ask God not to pressure me to have adult activity anymore; it’s something I’m uncomfortable with for the reasons I described, and having sex with someone doesn’t make sense given that I’m a basket case in my present circumstances.
Again, God may or may not call you to certain things, and if He does, it's a good idea to do what He wants you to do. Hey, God "pressured" Jonah to go to Nineveh and preach, and Jonah didn't want to do it and even tried to flee the Lord's calling. We all know what ultimately happened... Who got His way... right? :)

I’m sure he feels bad for me because I’m a virgin in my mid-thirties.
God doesn't "feel bad" in the way humans do.

But ultimately it doesn’t matter because in a few years I’ll marry a wife who is a virgin with no boyfriend before, and we will have a happy marriage and big family.
Ah! Well, that's great! So what are you worried about? Why are you troubled? :)

But hey, yes, by all means, you will be prayed for. Just... maybe not in the way you think you should be... :)

Grace and peace to you!