Pride comes before a fall

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do the American people's have a saviour of the world complex, due to the fact that they believe to be God's nation.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a Biblical perspective all world’s top superpowers throughout history are considered symbolically as “Babylon” which means that they don’t follow God and they’re always in sin and rebellion.

From a historical perspective all empires have a superiority complex based on pride and arrogance. America is no different than the British empire, Turkish empire, Roman Empire or any other empire that’s ever existed. There’s always a lifecycle of any empire, rise, peak and fall.

So any empire is not based on “saving” others but looking after the empire’s interest.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
From a Biblical perspective all world’s top superpowers throughout history are considered symbolically as “Babylon” which means that they don’t follow God and they’re always in sin and rebellion.

From a historical perspective all empires have a superiority complex based on pride and arrogance. America is no different than the British empire, Turkish empire, Roman Empire or any other empire that’s ever existed. There’s always a lifecycle of any empire, rise, peak and fall.

So any empire is not based on “saving” others but looking after the empire’s interest.
What is America's interest?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is America's interest?

To have as much influence as possible globally and to keep this influence for as long as possible.
We spend 6 times more on military than any of the top 6 nations combined, we have bases everywhere, we influence pretty much every economic market and we spread our “Hollywood culture” globally.
We’re past Peak now as other players like China and Russia are rising to take over with new doctrines while we will eventually end up bankrupt like the Roman Empire.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
To have as much influence as possible globally and to keep this influence for as long as possible.
We spend 6 times more on military than any of the top 6 nations combined, we have bases everywhere, we influence pretty much every economic market and we spread our “Hollywood culture” globally.
We’re past Peak now as other players like China and Russia are rising to take over with new doctrines while we will eventually end up bankrupt like the Roman Empire.
That may be true, but they'd need a power base to defend current belief policy. You wouldn't disagree that America is a nation of belief peddler's (It's good, so buy it)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Me: Oh God, I'm a fool!
God: There's more hope for a fool than one who's wise in their own eyes.
Me: Sigh of relief!

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the American people's have a saviour of the world complex, due to the fact that they believe to be God's nation.
I suspect that a lot of people here mouth that belief of this being God's nation without knowledge or understanding. I cannot say that America as a whole has been very close to God in the past, but as a group we certainly seem to be moving farther away from Him now. Help us dear Lord!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I suspect that a lot of people here mouth that belief of this being God's nation without knowledge or understanding. I cannot say that America as a whole has been very close to God in the past, but as a group we certainly seem to be moving farther away from Him now. Help us dear Lord!
Yep.

Reactions: amadeus