Problems in my faith-relationship with Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
I am really having a rough time. When I pray to Jesus, the way I understand the Gospel is that he associated himself with the lost and sick, lame and mute and deaf, the sinful outcasts of society. So I go to him in prayer, but I'm not making the connection. I feel as though I'm trying to reach God without an intercessor, which is impossible to reach then, because God this way is unapproachable. One of the purposes Jesus came is to be our access to God.

I can't stand this broken fellowship with Jesus, if that is what it is. It could be I need help with my unbelief, or something. Please help

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Did you not try to ask Jesus for help? I think that a real help in matters of faith is best to turn to Him.

Personally, I did not understend what your problem is - you do not believe that He is?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do in my heart, but my mind can't grasp the reality of it.

Unfortunately, your mental illness requires you to take a greater leap of faith than people who are not dealing with the same circumstances. The good news is that your faithfulness will be richly rewarded. Seek out people who will encourage you in your faith.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
God has permitted man to sin (after all He could barricade wall to the tree with barbed wire on top) - the consequences of sin are suffering, disease, war, exploitation, violence, addictions, betrayal, death - all these people are now experiencing.

At the end for all of this remain to be damnation in eternity.

To rescue the man from a terrible end, God gave his Son as recompense for sin. Do you think that God should forgive all sins without payment?

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I am really having a rough time. When I pray to Jesus, the way I understand the Gospel is that he associated himself with the lost and sick, lame and mute and deaf, the sinful outcasts of society. So I go to him in prayer, but I'm not making the connection. I feel as though I'm trying to reach God without an intercessor, which is impossible to reach then, because God this way is unapproachable. One of the purposes Jesus came is to be our access to God.

I can't stand this broken fellowship with Jesus, if that is what it is. It could be I need help with my unbelief, or something. Please help

The times when we do not feel God's presence is when we walk in faith. I like to look at something in nature and the awesomeness of creation and just think about how great God really is. Then I ask him for his peace. And I just let me be me. Let him comune with me through nature. Another thing that helps me is to praise him. Even if you don't feel like it at first just do it any way. Praise him and thank him. Trust that he is healing you and know that he loves you so much! He loves you just the way you are right now!

Think of the time in your life when you felt the most loved and realize that God loves you more! The evil one will try to get you to think that God is not love and will beat you up if you let him. God wants to have a loving and trusting relationship with you. I also believe with all my heart that our loving God will let you know him fully and will heal you and use you for his glory!

I love you dear heart! don't despair because Jesus came to save you and restore your relationship to God.

Reactions: Redeemed86

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
A restored relationship means that God lives in you and so does Jesus. You must believe this! When God comes in he cleanses us immediately and begins to transform our mind. If you have asked God to come and live in you, then you are never alone! If you do not believe God lives in you then ask him to come into you and he will cleanse you from all unrighteousness. You are then pure in his eyes and it is the evil one who condemns you. God is so patient with us as we learn to know and trust him!

The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. We do not earn this it is a free gift. You are a child of God and when you feel condemned you say out loud "the blood of Jesus cleanses me" and I guarantee you the evil ones must flee and leave you alone!

You are so loved!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
If you are Born-Again, you have every right to pray to God in the name of Jesus. You don't need an intercessor to talk to God because that wall of partition has been torn down. In fact, you can run boldly to the Throne of Grace in your time of need so that you may obtain mercy. He hears the cries of his children and no prayer goes unanswered. So empty your heart to Him and He will answer you, maybe not in the way that you expect or want, but in the way that He knows is best for you. So rest now my friend, cast all of your cares onto Jesus.

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
I want to sincerely thank you people for helping me. I'm like the man who believed but needed help with his unbelief. And Jesus told him "all things are possible to those who believe." I believe he honors me according to my faith I do have. I may not have as much as some people. But like the talents given, one,five or ten talents, it doesn't matter. God entrusted me with a little faith, and he will bless me according to that light I could grasp.