Producing Fruit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have any here ever lived in the constant act of producing the Fruit of The Spirit? Personally, I could not claim that :( It's hard enough to produce even one at a time, lol. But, not just the fruits themselves listed in Galatians 5:
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

But if we take apart each fruit, we see fruit within fruit! Like "Love" for instance,
4" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

So then, Love has fruit within itself.

So, we could go to each of the Gal. 5 fruits and find what they entail. The essence of the words themselves. It offers a new way to relate to and be sensitive to the Spirits leading, guiding and production. It brings these words alive!
Anybody have anything to add? Anyone care to look into another of the "fruit" and bring out the essence of it, so it is not just ink on paper? :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
People can and do study the fruits presented in the verses you cited and elsewhere and draw conclusions, but that can be simply a classroom experience. The study and classroom experience serve their purpose in preparing a person, but the application is where the real significance is found.

We read about apples, oranges and peaches... we may even taste them to judge their taste, but how does one produce rich, tasty fruit? Undoubtedly some fruit tree orchard owners and workers would provide some good pointers here, but in this case, we are the tree. How is our fruit? In Galatians 5 there are two sets of fruits. You only mention the good set, but is not the evil one also there?

You also mention the proper Way as being via the Spirit [leading to the good set of fruits] rather by other spirits [leading to the evil set of fruits], which are also pressing on us. Here we see a beginning to it for us when men, who have been producing the wrong fruits ask of Peter:

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:37-38

Repentance, baptism and receiving the gift... that is a start... but then as we see more is required:

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." Acts 2:42

When we first get on this highway of holiness according to the directions Peter gave in the cited verses and walk down it we are very much a parched ground, that original condition of Zion,

!wyc Tsiyown (tsee-yone'); Proper Name Location, Strong #: 6726

Zion = "parched place"

1. another name for Jerusalem especially in the prophetic books

But then..

"And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes." Isaiah 35:7

"The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God." Isaiah 35:1-2

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein." Isaiah 35:8

We must get on the highway of holiness and walk on it led always by the Holy Ghost. Having received the Holy Ghost, are we then to cast it aside and become our own Head again? How many have done, or are doing, just that?

See then the ways of men:
"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

See then the Way of God:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" Matt 3:10-11

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have any here ever lived in the constant act of producing the Fruit of The Spirit?

Constantly producing fruit No.
In fits and starts with lots of backward steps at times zI make some progress.

But then it is not my doing, it is always the action of the Spirit working in my life.

Reactions: Nancy

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men study the bible and become rooted in the word of God. In the word all things are set one against another. Good is set against evil, life against death. Truth against deceit, love against hate, joy against morning, laughter against weeping.They are all as a face to a face and brother against brother.
When people seek out the Spirit the Lord becomes as a stream of living waters. The teachings soon become the teachings of men or this world set against the heavenly teachings. When we teach we bare the fruit of knowledge and are likened unto as trees because people go to the trees for fruit.
The fruit of the Spirit are all good things and all good things are from above. We are not righteousness or even good in our own understanding but the understanding we get from the spiritual teachings are counted as faith and counted for righteousness. This is because we do not teach man anymore, we teach God. I'm not here to tell you all that I am good and holy. Teaching holiness is counted for us being holy as the father is Holy and so the teaching of the spirit is there baring of the fruit of the Spirit.

if a man teaches