Proof of Paul and the Poor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
If the way that Paul was going to remember the poor was by bringing them physical food and clothing and such... Then why did the other 12 apostles say that it was not right for them to leave the Word of God to waite tables when it came to supporting the believing widows? We never see the disciples worried about material needs for the poor outside of the church, but they themselves never handed out ANY money or clothes or food in the natural sense. They worried, fed and clothed the poor spiritually.

Gal 2:9-10
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
KJV

Acts 6:1-4
6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
KJV

Again I say, be kind and caring to those put in your path, but the churches work is not to support the ungodly. They are poor because they are without God in their life.