Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His name shall be called (among other things) the Everlasting Father. And the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall perform this. Isaiah 9:6-7.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

I preach the Jesus Christ of Isaiah 9:6, which is indeed the same Jesus who was baptized by John...Jesus Christ of Nazareth. And there is none other name given under heaven among men whereby we must be saved. Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12.
But you do not preach the eternal Son. Jesus Christ is eternally three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You preach a false Christ.

D

Dave L

Only a select few will even believe what I am preaching, because it is so vehemently opposed. Just goes to show that the way to life is narrow...(Matthew 7:13-14, Jeremiah 29:13).
You preach the Islamic idea of God. Not the Christian trinity, unique only to Christianity of all the religions of the world.

D

Dave L

Oh, but I saw this and have the need to correct you, because you have misrepresented me once again.

I say that the Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6); not that the Father is the Son.

You have not understood, or even heard, a word that I have said.

So, kudos to you for defending the doctrine of the Trinity against something that you don't understand, which your opponent is saying is the Trinity.

You would be wise to consider the scriptures that I have referenced on the matter, and also to seek to understand what I am saying, before you reject it outright.
How can you have a Son without a Father? Or a Father without a Son?

D

Dave L

I do believe in, and am preaching, the Trinity; however you do not understand what I am saying and therefore reject my preaching as non-Trinitarian.
You think the Father is the Son = one person. The Bible says the Son = one person and the Father = another distinct person. You are like Islam and the apostate Jews in your version of the golden calf.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do not preach the eternal Son.

I do preach the eternal Son. Jesus ascended to be outside of time (see Ephesians 4:10). Of course Luke 1:35 says implicitly that Jesus was begotten in the incarnation. And He also existed before the incarnation in the form of God (the Father).

You preach the Islamic idea of God.

Nope.

You think the Father is the Son = one person.

No, I believe the Son is the Father...not the other way around.

Try to read what I am saying with more comprehension.

D

Dave L

I do preach the eternal Son. Jesus ascended to be outside of time (see Ephesians 4:10). Of course Luke 1:35 says implicitly that Jesus was begotten in the incarnation. And He also existed before the incarnation in the form of God (the Father).

Nope.

No, I believe the Son is the Father...not the other way around.

Try to read what I am saying with more comprehension.
You do not understand the trinity. And are more kin to Islam and JWs in your understanding of God. You need to study the doctrine before trying to revise it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Muslims do not believe that Jesus is begotten; I do. JW's do not believe that Jesus is God; I do.

What's your next objection?

D

Dave L

Hallelujah! I do not reject the Trinity. The LORD rebuke you satan.
You say the Father is the Son = you reject the Christ and suggest possession by the spirit of Antichrist.

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22) (KJV 1900)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the Lord Jesus Christ..He is my Lord and my Saviour.

You cannot even confess that He is the Lord in light of Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21...that indicates that you do not have the Holy Spirit and are therefore not saved (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

See Isaiah 54:17.

D

Dave L

I love the Lord Jesus Christ..He is my Lord and my Saviour.

You cannot even confess that He is the Lord in light of Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21...that indicates that you do not have the Holy Spirit and are therefore not saved (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

See Isaiah 54:17.
You love the Christ you define from the Oneness perspective. And this is not the Christ of the Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, I believe in the Trinity; and in the Christ of the Bible. I don't know what your problem is.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who walked the earth approximately 2,000 years ago, is Lord of all. He is the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God.

What is it about this that you don't understand?

You simply don't like it that I know that I understand the Trinity when you don't. I think you are simply jealous.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You love the Christ you define from the Oneness perspective. And this is not the Christ of the Bible.
Support your understanding of the Christ of the Bible, with the Bible. I have done so in my posts; why won't you?

D

Dave L

Support your understanding of the Christ of the Bible, with the Bible. I have done so in my posts; why won't you?
Let's begin with Jesus' baptism. How many persons, each called God, are in focus?

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

Friend, I believe in the Trinity; and in the Christ of the Bible. I don't know what your problem is.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who walked the earth approximately 2,000 years ago, is Lord of all. He is the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God.

What is it about this that you don't understand?

You simply don't like it that I know that I understand the Trinity when you don't. I think you are simply jealous.
You do not believe in the Christ of the bible if you think the Farther is the Son and the Son is the Father.