Prop 8 Ruling Could Criminalize Christianity, Leaders Warn

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
It is not our job to press on gay communities that what they are doing is a sin, Jesus said whosever wont receive you wipe the dirt off your feet as a testimony against them..

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You know, somebody deciding to marry the Eiffel Tower is hilarious. It is funny, people!

Sometimes I think you guys have forgotten how to laugh - everything is life or death. Everything is about your rights being violated and what you are losing and how people who disagree with you are attacking you. Is this the life of victory you are living? Because it sure smells a lot like death and decay.

-- Aspen, you weren't laughing when you said that anyone who voted in support of Prop 8 was violating human rights.

" But when the person who opposes a homosexual, and then goes out and votes for prop 8 - they have crossed the line between opinion and violating a person's rights." – Aspen

I found that opinion to be so over the top that I laughed initially....then I realized you were serious.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
But when the person who opposes a homosexual, and then goes out and votes for prop 8 - they have crossed the line between opinion and violating a person's rights

i have to say that it is NOT a 'right' to marry a same sex partner. it is sin and disobedience but not a right.

with that said, i want to make one thing very clear, same sex marriage is NOT a threat to hetrosexual marriage or the institution of marriage. it is opening the door to legitimizing a sinful sexual preference that has no right to be legitimized. if the homosexual community wants to choose to be abnormal then they have NO right to the benefits that come with that which is considered 'normal'. inother words, the homosexual should not be allowed to marry, should not be allowed to adopt, and should not be allowed to participate in any activity that comes from obedience to God's word.

they need to change first, give up their practice of sin, before they get to enjoy the benefits of a normal lifestyle.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
i have to say that it is NOT a 'right' to marry a same sex partner. it is sin and disobedience but not a right.

with that said, i want to make one thing very clear, same sex marriage is NOT a threat to hetrosexual marriage or the institution of marriage. it is opening the door to legitimizing a sinful sexual preference that has no right to be legitimized. if the homosexual community wants to choose to be abnormal then they have NO right to the benefits that come with that which is considered 'normal'. inother words, the homosexual should not be allowed to marry, should not be allowed to adopt, and should not be allowed to participate in any activity that comes from obedience to God's word.

they need to change first, give up their practice of sin, before they get to enjoy the benefits of a normal lifestyle.

"But when the person who opposes a homosexual, and then goes out and votes for prop 8 - they have crossed the line between opinion and violating a person's rights"

Our human rights are given to us by God, as are our restrictions. Nowhere in the Bible or the Judeo-Christian tradition is there an inference that a person can do whatever they want. This is NOT OPINION, it is the word of God. Neither is the obediance to laws which are passed in accordance with God's will to be considered as hypocrisy.

Besides, the last time I looked, the right to vote was a legal right under uS law. Since when is the right to vote on an issue a violation of human rights?
The statement concerning voting is a logical absurdity.

While I agree with most of your statement, I believe that same sex marriage IS a threat to heterosexual marriage AS WELL as the family unit, local community and nation. There are numerous instances of heterosexual marriages and positions of leadership being destroyed by a person coming out.

The axiom is commonly quoted that whatever happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. That is not true. Sooner or later what happens there affects the entire house, the job site, the community and the nation. If it were not so we would not see the controversy of today.

Actions performed in a dark room are eventually revealed in the light of day.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
"But when the person who opposes a homosexual, and then goes out and votes for prop 8 - they have crossed the line between opinion and violating a person's rights"

Our human rights are given to us by God, as are our restrictions. Nowhere in the Bible or the Judeo-Christian tradition is there an inference that a person can do whatever they want. This is NOT OPINION, it is the word of God. Neither is the obediance to laws which are passed in accordance with God's will to be considered as hypocrisy.

Besides, the last time I looked, the right to vote was a legal right under uS law. Since when is the right to vote on an issue a violation of human rights?
The statement concerning voting is a logical absurdity.

While I agree with most of your statement, I believe that same sex marriage IS a threat to heterosexual marriage AS WELL as the family unit, local community and nation. There are numerous instances of heterosexual marriages and positions of leadership being destroyed by a person coming out.

The axiom is commonly quoted that whatever happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. That is not true. Sooner or later what happens there affects the entire house, the job site, the community and the nation. If it were not so we would not see the controversy of today.

Actions performed in a dark room are eventually revealed in the light of day.

to address your post above the *** you forgot about God giving people the right and ability of FREE CHOICE. they get to choose to obey God or not BUT that ability of free choice does not mean that the believer gets to choose for others. in the case of the california debacle, both believer and non voted to bar same sex marriage which is their right to do and the will of the people was given. what the homosexual community did was usurp that vote and found a like-minded and practicing judge to rebel against the vote. that was very wrong.

to address below the **** i would disagree with you and your definition of 'threaten' since hetrosexual marriage is NOT being attacked, outlawed, restricted same sex marriage does NOT threaten it. what you describe has taken place for generations and is not new.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
to address your post above the *** you forgot about God giving people the right and ability of FREE CHOICE. they get to choose to obey God or not BUT that ability of free choice does not mean that the believer gets to choose for others. in the case of the california debacle, both believer and non voted to bar same sex marriage which is their right to do and the will of the people was given. what the homosexual community did was usurp that vote and found a like-minded and practicing judge to rebel against the vote. that was very wrong.

Perhaps I misunderstood your interpretation of the legal action. I agree here that the judge's ruling was beyond his jurisdiction. He did indeed usurp the voters right to decide.

to address below the **** i would disagree with you and your definition of 'threaten' since hetrosexual marriage is NOT being attacked, outlawed, restricted same sex marriage does NOT threaten it. what you describe has taken place for generations and is not new.

Heterosexual marriage and the family unit may not be declared illegal in any city at this time, but that doesn't mean that the institution isn't being attacked, ridiculed and threatened. The homosexual lifestyle is being held up everywhere as legitimate. It is not. The Bible everywhere teaches that God is opposed to it and never intended it for humans. Those who follow any philosophy are guided by its precepts to think and to act according to its precepts, Christians no less than anyone else.

That the heterosexual family unit is threatened is also true. When judges cause adoptions to be legalized between same sex couples and restricted between heterosexual couples, then I would say that it classifies as an attack, prejudice and assault. A heterosexual couple I know was prevented from adopting while a homosexual couple was allowed to do so. There was no justifiable rationale given. It was just done and the only reason given was 'policy'. Therefore I do not find any lack of prejudice against heterosexuals in the child care system here.

The traditional family unit is based upon a man and a woman. The family unit is basic to any stable society and when that is distrupted the entire house of cards is in danger of collapse. Witness America today. The place is a mess domestically and in regard to foreign affairs.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
That the heterosexual family unit is threatened is also true. When judges cause adoptions to be legalized between same sex couples and restricted between heterosexual couples, then I would say that it classifies as an attack, prejudice and assault.

#1. you need to provide links to credible articles stating that action

#2. it may be prejudice but it is not an attack on heterosexual marriage nor is it an assault.

#3. you can start praying honestly and let God work, get a bunch of believers together, remove the beams from your own eyes and just start praying that God will change you all enough so that the unchurched world would see Him and want to change.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
#1. you need to provide links to credible articles stating that action

#2. it may be prejudice but it is not an attack on heterosexual marriage nor is it an assault.

#3. you can start praying honestly and let God work, get a bunch of believers together, remove the beams from your own eyes and just start praying that God will change you all enough so that the unchurched world would see Him and want to change.

#1 I don't 'need' to provide anything to you. IMO the effort would be a waste of time, since your libido is already decided.

#2 Those that went through it thought so. It was someone we knew and yes they considered it painfully grievous - though I doubt you'd sympathize because they were heterosexual.

#3 God's grace operates independently of your biased opinion, for which I shall be eternally grateful.

What has bewitched you into supposing that you are able to judge the Most High as well as those who follow His teaching?

The Lord has stated clearly in His word that homosexuality is an abomination and those that practice it cannot see the Kingdom of God.
Either you accept the word of God or you set yourself up in opposition to it for which you risk much.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
look for the ************

#1 I don't 'need' to provide anything to you. IMO the effort would be a waste of time, since your libido is already decided.

**************then don't make such stupid, flaming statements if you can't back them up.

#2 Those that went through it thought so. It was someone we knew and yes they considered it painfully grievous - though I doubt you'd sympathize because they were heterosexual.

***************well their view is colored by their disappointment. i think you and they are blowing it out of proportion and are leaving out too many details to determine if it were an attack or an assault. your word isn't good enough.

#3 God's grace operates independently of your biased opinion, for which I shall be eternally grateful.

*************what biased opinion is that? all i have said is that hetreosexual marriage is not being outlawed thus there is no threat.

What has bewitched you into supposing that you are able to judge the Most High as well as those who follow His teaching?

********that is a false leap to a conclusion and a false accusation to boot. God did not say it was a threat to hetrosexual unions in fact Lot lived among homosexuals and his marriage and the subsequent marriage of his daughters were not interfered with. clearly you are paranoid.

The Lord has stated clearly in His word that homosexuality is an abomination and those that practice it cannot see the Kingdom of God.
Either you accept the word of God or you set yourself up in opposition to it for which you risk much.

**************that verse has nothing to do with same sex marriage and your following sentence demonstrates you need to get some wisdom and understanding.