Prophesy in the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
Have you ever noticed how cults and false religions tend to have prophets? From the prophet Muhammad for Muslims to Joseph Smith for the Mormons to the "prophetess" Ellen G. White for the Seventh Day Adventists. If these religions truly understood the Bible and the New Covenant, they would know that the age of prophets is over.
Then how do you explain these two if what you say is true?

Revelation 11
10 ---- because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

Reactions: Spirit Covenant

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
zhavoney said:
Then how do you explain these two if what you say is true?

Revelation 11
10 ---- because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
What I say is true because Jesus himself said it and I laid out a very compelling argument to the point that prophets in this modern day are a contradiction to the New Covenant by which Jesus Christ is our mediator and high priest according to the order of Melchizedek. Taking a literalist view of Revelation is sure to lead you astray because Revelation utilizes apocalyptic imagery and relevant numerology and metaphors. It certainly isn't an argument for the existence of prophets in the modern church because much of what was written in that book applied either to the immediate audience or alluded to the age to come. If you believe there are prophets today, then contend with the evidence I provided that it's impossible.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see this thread was last posted on in 2013?
I found the following on the internet:

Prophesied by the late Pastor David Wilkerson — Times Square Church New York in 1986.
“I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars, churches and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world."

Any comment?