Prophets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kooks

Mar 22, 2008
I was watching a TV show today, casually glancing at it whilst cleaning the TV room, when I heard a man discuss a modern female minister as being a prophet of God. I then listened a bit more intensively and realised that he was discussing all minsters as being prophets. Now I could be wrong, in fact its highly likely that I am wrong, but I thought that Jesus declared that He was the last prophet and that no others would follow him.The question I have is is this true and if so why are we supposed to revere ministers of the Lord as His prophets when He instructed us that there would be no others after Jesus? (If I am wrong then ignore the question)I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Kooks;54198)
I was watching a TV show today, casually glancing at it whilst cleaning the TV room, when I heard a man discuss a modern female minister as being a prophet of God. I then listened a bit more intensively and realised that he was discussing all minsters as being prophets. Now I could be wrong, in fact its highly likely that I am wrong, but I thought that Jesus declared that He was the last prophet and that no others would follow him.The question I have is is this true and if so why are we supposed to revere ministers of the Lord as His prophets when He instructed us that there would be no others after Jesus? (If I am wrong then ignore the question)I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this.
This is a little more complicated then it seems God says in the last days his son and daughters will prophesise, however he also has set out rules and examples of his prophets, A prophet of God must be 100% correct 100% of the time. How can this be? all prophesy comes directley from God.Only a pastor/person that preaches/teaches exactly what the Word says, should be respected/revered. We are to test the spirit, by its fruit.. someone prophesising what is not in scripture, or a future event that does not happen exactly as they said are not prophets of God no matter what they say someone speaking things of men or not understood are not prophets of God as their Words/teachings can not be found in scripture, so can not be tested. God has foretold us all things everything can be tested by His Word. No one deserves reverance reguardless of a title given by a school of men and that includes all ministers,pastors,priests ect. they in fact should earn this respect by there fruits/workWe are to use the past men in scripture as examples of Men todayWas there ever any doubt Moses, or Elijah were great prophets? They should be the water mark today of men claiming this if they do not measure up they are not prophets of God.We are warned in the last days many false prophets shall arise so use your Bible as your guide.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(setfree;54206)
Where does it say that Jesus is the last prophet?
I do not know if it does say Jesus was the last prophet...but there were none after the Old Testament that I know of...The New Testament writers were Apostles they did not predict anything they just took down what G-d said and passed it on. Jesus himself even did work to promote the Prophet. But its like Kriss said there will be many that come in his name so you have to watch what goes on. Kind of like the old adage beware of sheep in wolves clothing. I myself pay no attention to any prophets predictions its all malarkey they are just trying to pad their pockets with nonsense.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;54232)
I do not know if it does say Jesus was the last prophet...but there were none after the Old Testament that I know of...The New Testament writers were Apostles they did not predict anything they just took down what G-d said and passed it on. Jesus himself even did work to promote the Prophet. But its like Kriss said there will be many that come in his name so you have to watch what goes on. Kind of like the old adage beware of sheep in wolves clothing. I myself pay no attention to any prophets predictions its all malarkey they are just trying to pad their pockets with nonsense.
How is what John said different than what Isaiah or Micah said. Is Revelation not a prediction?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(tomwebster;54238)
How is what John said different than what Isaiah or Micah said. Is Revelation not a prediction?
Revelation is prophecy passed from God through John he did not predict it he just wrote it.....and now that I have had some time to dwell on the matter none of the prophets of the Bible actually predicted anything, meaning they got their visions and revelations from God not of their own accord....nothing wrong with this I just do not think it bears all the hype....modern day prophets catch a lot of hype mostly ridicule because they are never right....prophets are given credit but its God that made the dreams and visions come true not them....todays prophets are no more than schemers trying to get rich quick hoping that a miracle prediction will thrust them into the spotlight of fame and fortune...