"Prove it!"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean by this, is that too often sin is swept under the rug and excused by saying "It's loving...and if it's love, then God is okay with it". This is simply not true. Gay people love, unwed people love, even insane people love. Every one loves, in one way or another, by not all love and 'loving' acts are approved by God, and therefore should be approved by us.
We can see so very clearly how much love means to God, and how important it is for His people to love as well, but unless we are blind, we cannot deny that the Bible tells us that some things are just not okay...not even when they're done 'in love'. That's all I meant when I said that people excuse sin under the guise of love. If we're sinning, it cannot be a true, Godly love anyway. Make sense? I hope that restores your sense that you still know me!

Ha! Yes I still know you. I am saying that all of your examples involve self-love rather than the love I am speaking of. I have never claimed that sinners claim to be lovers, but if they are not focused on God - they remain in their self-love or sin.