Provide For Our Own House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

That verse, as many, has different layers. All are true and all are important. The surface reading tells us that we are to provide for our families. We are to love, clothe, protect and feed our families.

We, as His witnesses, are to share knowledge of His Word with others but....especially with our families, those of our "own house." We are to provide spiritual nouishment, love, clothing, protection to parents, children, spouses, in-laws and out-laws, once removed and twice removed. Or...we are worse than an infidel.

Our "own house" is also the family of God. Those in church, on forums, in groups....believers. We are His family and as such we also provide for each other. There are various levels in spiritual maturity so we learn from each other in this family.

But, this isn't an easy task for....

Matthew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

10:34-36 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.​

Does this mean Jesus comes to have family literally kill each other with a sword, or literally have family put relatives to death? Death is one of Satan's names. So, spiritually those that are misled will "deliver up the brother to death," deliver them to Satan spiritually because they are part of the deception....unknowingly but nevertheless....they have taken the mark. And too, it means that brothers strive against each other...as we see on forums. Part of being "put to death" would be having someone banned...essentially they are then dead to that forum.

That is what we fight against. That is why it is imperative to "provide for those of our own house." Both our immediate families and the larger family of God. To me, speaking to immediate family is much more difficult but....I'm working on it.