Ps 94

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 94:17

KJV 17 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.

Thomson 17 Had not the Lord indeed come to mine assistance; my soul would soon have sojourned in the mansion of the dead.

These are my thoughts.

We are hopeless without Jesus and we live by His helping hands.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinners and enemies of God are primarily the demons. We are just victims of their wicked sowings. That doesn't mean we are not responsible for our actions, but this distinction helps with loving our enemies (human), considering that the demons are the ones pulling their strings or at least the ones that brought them to that state. So the following:

3 How long shall sinners, O Lord, how long shall sinners boast? 4 How long shall they utter and speak unrighteousness, how long shall they speak, all they that work iniquity? 5 Thy people, O Lord, have they brought low, and to Thine inheritance have they done hurt. 6 Widow and orphan have they slain, and the stranger have they murdered.

Can be interpreted in this way:

Sinners that speak unrighteousness in us are the demons that tempt us to commit (work) iniquity. By submitting to their suggestions the people of God are brought low and suffer spiritual harm, especially the soul (widow) that is bereaved of works of righteousness, the one that is orphaned of God’s help because of pride and the ignorant and worldly one that has rendered herself a stranger to God.

Reactions: Episkopos
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 94:18

KJV 18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

Thomson 18 Did I say, My foot hath slipped? Thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me.

These are my thoughts.

We need to the Lord to hold us up because without Him we are destined to fall.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalms 94:18

KJV 18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

Thomson 18 Did I say, My foot hath slipped? Thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me.

These are my thoughts.

We need to the Lord to hold us up because without Him we are destined to fall.
Great Psalm; we were in the Psalms in our Bible class yesterday.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 94:19

KJV 19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Thomson 19 O Lord, according to the multitude of the sorrows of my heart; thy comforts delighted my soul.

These are my thoughts.

‘God is the comfort to our soul.