Psalm 91

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have had a sudden dread wash over me... a fear... an anxiousness... and that is very strange for me... I am not a fearful or anxious person... I live in peace... I am usually filled with peace and I have experienced great JOY in these last months... It has been a much needed thing for me.

I read something on the forums yesterday briefly and it stuck with me... and I guess like a sliver... it must have festered in my thoughts... and caused great anxiousness to wash over me.

The fear mongering that many are accusing the media of inflicting on people with regards to this pandemic and the vaccine....is NOT something that bothers me... because I have chosen to ignore all of it... The news does not scare me... it updates me to happenings in the world. I listen to what I am interested in and ignore the rest.

I do however feel this fear mongering here... within these forums... It's like a war-zone... post after post after post of warning after warning. For the most part... I have managed to avoid it all...

I am not planning on taking this shot because my lifestyle does not warrant it... but...I have a daughter who is quite likely going to choose to take this vaccine... because her new job is going to require her to travel.

I do not appreciate hearing things like.... this vaccine can cause damage to the reproductive system... My daughter wants kids and I want grandkids... These are SERIOUS and SEVERE accusations being made... and in my humble opinion.... NO ONE is possibly able to KNOW what this vaccine does and does not do because it has JUST NOW come out. Where this information is coming from... I have no idea... but it is very careless to be making claims that are not absolutely proven.

I think some of these folks that claim to be so "woke" and "enlightened" about the truth... would benefit from a nice nap. Just saying...

Anyways... I have been thinking about alot of things lately... and as per usual... just when I think I might just have a place here... something comes along and knocks me off my horse...

Perhaps the Lord is teaching me to press into Him even harder...

This is not meant to be a covid post.... so PLEASE.... I beg of you.... NO covid comments... This is just me sharing my heart and thoughts.

Anyways...with that said... I have a few private messages happening that I have to attend to and then... I am GOING FISHING. I don't know about you guys but... it seems during these tumultuous times... I sure do NEED a lot of JESUS breaks.

It's a NEW week and HIS mercies are NEW every morning.... That is what I need to dwell upon... and I shall CONTINUE to trust in the LORD with all my heart... mind and soul.

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think some of these folks that claim to be so "woke" and "enlightened" about the truth... would benefit from a nice nap. Just saying...
Yes, indeed, what a blessing a nice nap can be...!

On the one hand...

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20

But then...

"And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep." Matt 8:24