Psalm of praise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my beloved king i lift my voice for i speak what i must lay bare. My love for my, my awe of you, my reverence of you oh how I wish to shower you with my adoration and affection, how i wish to clothe you in garments of glorious light that might somehow give you just a bit more praise to your name more than what my feeble heart can muster

For my Lord my spirit exceeds my heart, it exceeds my lips and tongue. for i have not the words to speak your praise, for i have not the tongue to give you the honor. every words that I speak yes even the sweetest of words fall empty on my tongue and stale compared to the glory and praise my heart yearns to speak to you.
So then my precious one read my spirit and my heart and let me bathe you in praise and honor let me shower you with words unspoken that the tongue knows not but the heart knows.

For I shall enrobe you in love and affection and i shall cloak you in honor and praise, worship of your name and singing of your grace. For if i could my king i would command the stars in heaven every last one to sing praise and honor to you to give you glory and sing of your name for all eternity and it still wouldn't be enough for you are worthy of praise. For if i could I would bring down the planets so they might dance in your honor day and night for all eternity for you are worthy of praise. For if i could i would command the universe itself to bow down before you and declare you as God for you are worthy of praise.

So let the birds sing their song and let the wolves howl their howls for they will do it in his name, let the whales sing their mating song and let the lions roar their mighty roars for they will do it in honor and let creation sing of his praise because of his majesty

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you Jesus. I just want thank you and praise your mighty name! :) Glory!

Could I humbly suggest a small correction.

Leave the "just I want to," out of your praise prayer as quoted above. If I was listening to your prayer, I would ask the question of when you would want to "thank me and praise my holy name"?

It is like the song, "I want to worship you almighty God . . . ," I sing, " I worship you almighty God . . . ," as that best describes what I am actually doing as I worship God.

This small change may sound like a trivial complaint, on my part, but for me what I say is very important as it clearly states my intent of worshipping God.

Shalom

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Creator God;
I see you in the early morning rain,
And the noonday sun.
You are in the colours of a sunset
And in the soft grey mist.

Creator God;
You are in a spider’s web
And in a great oak tree.
You are in the big cats of the African plain
And in the little cat on my hearth.

Creator God;
You are in a new-born baby’s cry
And in a the laughter of a child.
You are in a lover’s sigh
And in the eyes of a mother.

All the beauty of nature,
All the beauty of the earth
Is born of you;
The work of your hand is unparalleled.

How great you are my Creator God!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear God, with your mighty spirit you created the heavens and earth, and with your mighty Son you redeemed mankind. There is no end to your power and glory that I can see. I am as the mouse in the paws of the mighty Lion of the tribe of Judah. Hoping for mercy.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross It's a Kiwi thing. A mannerism. "Kinda like "Yeah/Nah" :) which means no....

Its a PC way of speaking so that no one is offended. It is also not just a Kiwi thing either. The "I want to" "do such and such," is a universal mannerism that is used all over the world.

I know that I should worship God with all of my being, but I qualify that with this "mannerism" by saying, "I want to."

Why cannot people tell God that they are worshipping Him unreservedly right at that moment.

People often do not say what they really mean. They always want an escape clause in their commitments to others, including God.