Psalms 83 War - A War Prior To Gog-Magog War

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Think There Might Be a War Before the Gog-Magog War?

• Total voters

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Sorry.I was hoping you would believe the revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to him to show to his servants.
Its obvious no matter how many times I show you the revelation,you can not see it or hear it.

Ive read the list of nations in Ezekiel.
The beast ,the kings and the false propet are not among those.

There's no reference to Russia in the Rev.20:8 battle Satan leads upon the camp of the saints after the thousand years. Gog and Magog at that time represents Satan's host of nations he leads upon the "camp of the saints".

But there is reference to Russia in the Ezekiel 38 list of nations that come upon Israel on the last day of this present world, which is what Armageddon is about. Not only is there reference to Russia in Ezek.38, but also the Islamic nations Russia is presently allied with TODAY. Wake up.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

There's no reference to Russia in the Rev.20:8 battle Satan leads upon the camp of the saints after the thousand years. Gog and Magog at that time represents Satan's host of nations he leads upon the "camp of the saints".

But there is reference to Russia in the Ezekiel 38 list of nations that come upon Israel on the last day of this present world, which is what Armageddon is about. Not only is there reference to Russia in Ezek.38, but also the Islamic nations Russia is presently allied with TODAY. Wake up.

Rev 20;[sup]8
[/sup]And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The word of God says that it is Gog in revelation 20.
I'll take Gods word for it.

You would change every word in the bible to mean something else just to make you fairy tale sound better.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
[sup]Ezekiel 38;11
[/sup]
You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages;
I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—
all of them living without walls and without gates and bars.

The people who dwell in the land of Israel today are not the peaceful people who shall dwell there in the future.
The people who dwell in the land of Israel today do not dwell in peace without walls.

The people who dwell in Israel today fear thier enemies and build walls to keep them out.
What Ezekiel 38;11 is descibing are the saints of God who dwell in the land of Israel in peace without fear and without walls to protect them.They place thier faith in God and not weapons such as missiles and bombs,jet fighters and tanks.

The people who shall dwell in the land of Israel in peace are the saints of God mentioned in
Revelation 20 [sup]7
[/sup]When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison [sup]8[/sup] and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. [sup]9[/sup] They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

The people who dwell in the land of Israel today shall be cast out.
Mathew 8;11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

These who come from the east and west and sit in the kingdom with Abraham are those who are gatherd from many nations and dwell safely without walls or bars.

Ezekiel 38;[sup]8[/sup] After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety.

There you go veteran.I made it really big in hopes you will see who it is that Jesus will gather into his kingdom in the promised land before Gog comes against it.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gog is a person of authority, the chief prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal of Rev 20:8. What else can a 'chief prince' be?
As prince or leader this individual would have the authority to lead an alliance of people into war. (A general like Alexander or Julius Caesar?)

Another speculation might depict this Gog person as a spiritual prince rather than a human one.
The book of Daniel (Dan 10:13) refers to spiritual entities as 'prince' and states that they have authority over people, regions and nations.
If so, then a spiritual authority might be the 'chief' leader of an assault against the holy land as well as a human one.

I see no place where the term Gog refers to anything other than a person or a person who represents a nation or army.
Eze 39:11 even mentions where Gog 'and all his multitude' will be buried.

If Rosh is indeed a reference to Russia, as many sources agree, then any reference to Gog is by default a reference to Russia since Russia will participate under the authority of Gog's leadership. Where Gog goes, so goes Rosh (Russia).

I don't believe that the premise for a series of wars is a new idea. It's pretty much accepted that things will get pretty hot towards the end.

Do we see these alliances taking place today? If so, who are the nations involved and what man if any directs them?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Gog is a person of authority, the chief prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal of Rev 20:8. What else can a 'chief prince' be?
As prince or leader this individual would have the authority to lead an alliance of people into war. (A general like Alexander or Julius Caesar?)

Another speculation might depict this Gog person as a spiritual prince rather than a human one.
The book of Daniel (Dan 10:13) refers to spiritual entities as 'prince' and states that they have authority over people, regions and nations.
If so, then a spiritual authority might be the 'chief' leader of an assault against the holy land as well as a human one.

I see no place where the term Gog refers to anything other than a person or a person who represents a nation or army.
Eze 39:11 even mentions where Gog 'and all his multitude' will be buried.

If Rosh is indeed a reference to Russia, as many sources agree, then any reference to Gog is by default a reference to Russia since Russia will participate under the authority of Gog's leadership. Where Gog goes, so goes Rosh (Russia).

I don't believe that the premise for a series of wars is a new idea. It's pretty much accepted that things will get pretty hot towards the end.

Do we see these alliances taking place today? If so, who are the nations involved and what man if any directs them?

The man coming that will lead them against God's Israel will be the Antichrist, the beast king of Rev.17:10-11. Per Ezekiel 38, Russia is allied with Persia (Iran-Iraq), Libya, Ethiopia (Sudan), Gomer (northern country in area of Armenia), and Togarmah (ancient lands covering the area of Turkey). It reveals the Mulsim alliance with today's Communist party of Russia.

Ezek 38:14-23
14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when My people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:
16 And thou shalt come up against My people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against My land, that the heathen may know Me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

The "latter days" is about our present world prior to Christ's return. The Israel gathered out of many peoples is about the Christian West, which is where the majority of the ten tribes migrated, the majority of Israelites, along with many Gentiles gathered out of various nations. The great melting pot is in the West today, not in the holy land. Yet the holy land is included, since that's where a remnant of God's Israel also dwells representing the "house of Judah".

17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by My servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

That's about that little horn king that will come up among the ten kings. It's the "vile person" of Dan.11 whose people will place the abomination that makes desolate in Jerusalem. It's the pseudo-Christ which our Lord Jesus warned of in Matt.24 and Mark 13. It's the son of perdition Paul warned of that is to sit in the temple of God proclaiming that he is God, per 2 Thess.2:3-4. It's the "another beast" of Rev.13:11 that has two horns like a lamb, but speaks as the dragon. It is the dragon of Revelation 12-13.

18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face.
19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at My presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

That's about God's Wrath on the day of The LORD. That's also when Christ's return happens (1 Thess.5; 2 Peter 3:10). God shows us He is going to fight that great army coming out of the northern quarters upon His people Israel in both the Christian West, and in the Israel of the holy land. That's what Christ was referring to in Mark 13 and Matthew 24 about not one stone will be standing on top of another on that day of His second coming.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
(KJV)

Many nations will not know who the Real GOD is until that event. That great hailstone event is about the hailstones of Rev.16:21 which is about Armageddon. That's yet another marker for what time this event is for. It's for the end of our present world, not Rev.20:8 which is after Christ has alread been here on earth as KING with all nations bowing to Him for a thousand years.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Mathew 8;11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Veteran .Do you even believe the words of Jesus Christ?
Do you believe the children of the kingdom shall be cast out when Abraham and his seed recieve the kingdom?
Or do you believe Jesus is wrong and those children shall remain in the kingdom forever?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Mathew 8;11

Do you believe the children of the kingdom shall be cast out when Abraham and his seed recieve the kingdom?
Or do you believe Jesus is wrong and those children shall remain in the kingdom forever?

Not YOUR interpretation of them. You seem to have no idea about structure or context.

Reactions: tomwebster

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Mathew 8;11

Other translations of the twelfth verse use the phrase "sons of the kingdom" or "citizens of the kingdom".
Reliable commentaries such as Gill, Wesley and Scofield suggest that this is a reference to the Jews.

The Wesley commentary suggests something less than damnation for the Jews.
The outer darkness - Our Lord here alludes to the custom the ancients had of making their feast in the night time.

The conclusion therefore is that the Jews would be excluded from fellowship with the Lord (the feast).
However, St Paul suggests in Rom 11:15 that this situation is temporary.

At or near the second coming, the Jew will be restored to his original place in the fellowship of God.

The children of Abraham are children BY FAITH, not of blood as the Jews (sons of the kingdom) are.

Interpretations of these phrases can get confused because the word 'kingdom' can have different meanings according to the context in which it is used.

According to the N.T. the sons of the kingdom and the children of Abraham may jointly inherit fellowship with God at some future time.

I reject any ideology which states that the Jew will be condemned to hell just because he's a Jew.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Other translations of the twelfth verse use the phrase "sons of the kingdom" or "citizens of the kingdom".
Reliable commentaries such as Gill, Wesley and Scofield suggest that this is a reference to the Jews.

The Wesley commentary suggests something less than damnation for the Jews.
The outer darkness - Our Lord here alludes to the custom the ancients had of making their feast in the night time.

The conclusion therefore is that the Jews would be excluded from fellowship with the Lord (the feast).
However, St Paul suggests in Rom 11:15 that this situation is temporary.

At or near the second coming, the Jew will be restored to his original place in the fellowship of God.

The children of Abraham are children BY FAITH, not of blood as the Jews (sons of the kingdom) are.

Interpretations of these phrases can get confused because the word 'kingdom' can have different meanings according to the context in which it is used.

According to the N.T. the sons of the kingdom and the children of Abraham may jointly inherit fellowship with God at some future time.

I reject any ideology which states that the Jew will be condemned to hell just because he's a Jew.

A jew wont be condemned because he is a jew.
Its because of disbelief in Jesus.Keeping the verses in context
Jesus marveld that a roman soldier had more faith in him than any in Israel.
It is because of disbelief in Christ that the children of the kingdom shall be cast out of the kingdom.

Mathew 8
[sup]5[/sup]And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

[sup]6[/sup]And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
[sup]7[/sup]And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
[sup]8[/sup]The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
[sup]9[/sup]For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
[sup]10[/sup]When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Sugarhitman

May 15, 2011
Im going to go a step further and tell you who the little horn of the beast is as well though you will probably not believe me.
The little horn of this kingdom is none other than the nation state of Israel.
That goverment shall have the Messianic jews(saints)killed in that land.

Daniel 7;21
I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Mt 23;34
Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Just because Jesus said it 2000 years ago doesnt mean he isnt talking about what might happen in a few years.
The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

There are several prophecies have come to pass regarding these horns.One of which took place in 1967.
It was a war between the little horn and three of the other who dwell in the kingdom.It was called the six day war .
The nation state of Israel defeated Syria,Jordan and Egypt..
Daniel 7;21
And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings

m going to go a step further and tell you who the little horn of the beast is as well though you will probably not believe me.
The little horn of this kingdom is none other than the nation state of Israel.
That goverment shall have the Messianic jews(saints)killed in that land.

Yes, I believe there will an internal conflict between Jews and Messianic Jews prior to the rise of the Beast. But Israel is not the Little Horn:

So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation', spoken of through the prophet Daniel— let the reader understand— [sup]16[/sup] then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
Matt. 24

When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.For this is the time of punishment in fulfilment of all that has been written [in the Prophets]. [sup]23[/sup] How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people [The Jews].

[sup]24[/sup] They [The Jews] will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
Luke 21

That is the Beast, the little horn, will persecute the Jews....that means Israel cannot be the little Horn power.

Mt 23;34
Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Yes, this internal conflict will occur before the rise of the Beast. After National Israel rejects the Gospel again, God will allow the Beast and the Gentiles to persecute them to bring them into the New Covenant:

I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem Zech. 12....I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city...Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. [sup]4[/sup] On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem,...the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him. Zech. 14...And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. Zech 12... It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure...[and then] The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name. Zech. 14

One of which took place in 1967.
It was a war between the little horn and three of the other who dwell in the kingdom.It was called the six day war .
The nation state of Israel defeated Syria,Jordan and Egypt..

If Israel is the Little Horn, then God would not have said this:

In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land...Egypt will be desolate, Edom a desert waste, because of violence done to the people of Judah, in whose land they shed innocent blood.
Judah will be inhabited for ever and Jerusalem through all generations.

[sup]21[/sup] Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned, I will pardon.

The LORD dwells in Zion!
Joel 3

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Mathew 8;11

So you think ALL Jews are Christ's enemies?

What about Apostle Paul who said he was a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin? You mean Apostle Paul won't be there? Oh, so our Lord Jesus didn't actually mean everybody of the seed of Israel in that Matthew 8 Scripture afterall, did He? No, He didn't.

Just what is the difference between the "tares" Christ Jesus taught us about, and those of the "house of Judah", per God's Word?

You obviously don't care to know, since you treat all Jews as Christ Jesus' enemy, when He specifically pointed to 'false Jews' who lie, and only claim to be true Jews (Rev.2 & 3).

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

So you think ALL Jews are Christ's enemies?

What about Apostle Paul who said he was a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin? You mean Apostle Paul won't be there? Oh, so our Lord Jesus didn't actually mean everybody of the seed of Israel in that Matthew 8 Scripture afterall, did He? No, He didn't.

Just what is the difference between the "tares" Christ Jesus taught us about, and those of the "house of Judah", per God's Word?

You obviously don't care to know, since you treat all Jews as Christ Jesus' enemy, when He specifically pointed to 'false Jews' who lie, and only claim to be true Jews (Rev.2 & 3).

The unbelieving jews kill the christian jews in the kingdom.
I recon you dont believe an unbelieving jew can kill a christian.

Mt 23;34

No ,you cant believe the word of God.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The unbelieving jews kill the christian jews in the kingdom.
I recon you dont believe an unbelieving jew can kill a christian.

Mt 23;34

No ,you cant believe the word of God.

You're just proving your ignorance of God's Word again, for that Scripture Christ was speaking only to the hypocrite scribes and Pharisees that wanted to murder Him. He was not speaking that to all Jews.

Matt 23:27-35
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
(KJV)

Looks like you never read this...

Jude 1:4
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

Not all unbelieving Jews today want to destroy Christians. Some of them do want to, but most of those are Jewish Communists, and one still cannot say all of those either.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

You're just proving your ignorance of God's Word again, for that Scripture Christ was speaking only to the hypocrite scribes and Pharisees that wanted to murder Him. He was not speaking that to all Jews.

Matt 23:27-35
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
(KJV)

Looks like you never read this...

Jude 1:4
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

Not all unbelieving Jews today want to destroy Christians. Some of them do want to, but most of those are Jewish Communists, and one still cannot say all of those either.

Since your claiming it is only the hipocrites in the first century that Jesus is speaking of .Then explain when Jesus came.Tell us the year please.
Mathew 10;23
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel,
till the Son of man be come.

You obviously dont know who Jesus is talking too .

Maybe you might consider Jesus is speaking to someone other than those who were present with him 2000 years ago .
After all.There are 144,000 who follow the Lamb of God everywhere he goes.I bet they can hear him loud and clear.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Since your claiming it is only the hipocrites in the first century that Jesus is speaking of .Then explain when Jesus came.Tell us the year please.
Mathew 10;23
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel,

Maybe you might consider Jesus is speaking to someone other than those who were present with him 2000 years ago .
After all.There are 144,000 who follow the Lamb of God everywhere he goes.I bet they can hear him loud and clear.

If you won't heed the Scripture as written, then what can anyone else do to help your misunderstanding?

Like Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who can't be counseled can't be helped."

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Mathew 10;23

To be fair with a more direct answer, it's the "tares" Jesus was talking about, the "tares" of the parable of the tares of the field in Matthew 13. They remain hidden among the good wheat until Jesus comes again.