Pure Science as the "mark" of the beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have errands to run so I won't give any lengthy argument here, but just posit an idea that occurred to me while washing the breakfast dishes.

Suppose for a moment that the number 6 represented the creation as complete, without any consideration of God's Sabbath day. Then the number 666 could represent a completed body, a completed soul, and a completed spirit, without any consideration of God (and the rest in which we are meant to enter). In other words, fully functional man created in God's image but with no recognition of his creator. Eg. I'm complete and perfect, master of my own destiny (like Popeye the sailor.)
I'm troubled by men like Joe Biden, placed in government authority, who openly assert that we must govern our lives based upon "the science" even though such men don't even comprehend what the discipline of science is.

In the past, great scientific discovery was made by men who desired to understand creation, but since the beginning of the age of enlightenment, the goal of science has been to dispel superstition and replace it with experimental observation and reason. As science progressed into the 20th century, the goal of science became increasingly to dispel belief in a God and Creator of all things. At present, the scientific "community " defines pure science as excluding any and all consideration of the supernatural. This is exactly why concepts like "intelligent design" are labeled pseudo science by that community.

Science elevates man and human reason above all things, all considerations, even postulating that man creates his own reality by virtue of belief and will. In other words, some scientists postulate that men are the only gods and creators of what is real.

I'm not making this up, though I wish that I had.
We haven't seen a physical "mark of the beast", but those who accept science as the ultimate authority have already rejected God and Christ in their minds (upon their foreheads in the same sense as the teaching of the law of Moses.)

I've been convinced that Christ's return is imminent even before having been born again, but it's taken time to recognize that Science has become a humanistic religion. In this sense, it would appear to meet biblical prophecy as the religion of the beast (man as animal rather than as the image of God.)

Thoughts?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have errands to run so I won't give any lengthy argument here, but just posit an idea that occurred to me while washing the breakfast dishes.
Suppose for a moment that the number 6 represented the creation as complete, without any consideration of God's Sabbath day. Then the number 666 could represent a completed body, a completed soul, and a completed spirit, without any consideration of God (and the rest in which we are meant to enter). In other words, fully functional man created in God's image but with no recognition of his creator. Eg. I'm complete and perfect, master of my own destiny (like Popeye the sailor.)
I'm troubled by men like Joe Biden, placed in government authority, who openly assert that we must govern our lives based upon "the science" even though such men don't even comprehend what the discipline of science is.

In the past, great scientific discovery was made by men who desired to understand creation, but since the beginning of the age of enlightenment, the goal of science has been to dispel superstition and replace it with experimental observation and reason. As science progressed into the 20th century, the goal of science became increasingly to dispel belief in a God and Creator of all things. At present, the scientific "community " defines pure science as excluding any and all consideration of the supernatural. This is exactly why concepts like "intelligent design" are labeled pseudo science by that community.

Science elevates man and human reason above all things, all considerations, even postulating that man creates his own reality by virtue of belief and will. In other words, some scientists postulate that men are the only gods and creators of what is real.
I'm not making this up, though I wish that I had.
We haven't seen a physical "mark of the beast", but those who accept science as the ultimate authority have already rejected God and Christ in their minds (upon their foreheads in the same sense as the teaching of the law of Moses.)
I've been convinced that Christ's return is imminent even before having been born again, but it's taken time to recognize that Science has become a humanistic religion. In this sense, it would appear to meet biblical prophecy as the religion of the beast (man as animal rather than as the image of God.)

Thoughts?

There is not a man whose name is 666, you have kind if got it correct, however I think that the number six is only MANS NUMBER (6). And just like 3 would be God's number, 7 Divine Completion, 10 Completion in general, 12 Fulness, 8 New Beginnings etc. The number 6 represents man. Thus when we are told his number is 666, it's just emphasizing that the Last Beast will be ONE MAN (MAN as in 666) instead of old Babylon, Greece or Rome who all passed their kingdoms on unto others. I can show you in Rev. 17 this same thing going on and why God reduced the 6 Kingdoms into Kings who fell, thus the 7th king can be understood as a king who both ARISES and FALLS unlike the other 6 who passed their kingdoms on.

Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains,{Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome AND the Coming Anti-Christ} on which the woman sitteth.

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is {God REDUCES the kings to ONLY Kings who will FALL, 5 have fallen and the one who IS will fall as a Beast even though Rome continued, they ceased being a Beast over Israel at that time, Apollyon was cast into the Bottomless Pit}, and the other is not yet come {The Anti-Christ/Little Horn}; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.{3.5 years or 1260 days}

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. {Apollyon is the Scarlet Colored Beast, he will be freed at the 1st Woe and kill the Two-witnesses, but only so we can identify who he is, and only so the Two-witnesses will have 1260 day ordained offices just like the Beast so we can juxtapose their time lines against each other.}

So, 666 simply means the LAST BEAST is a Man, not a Kingdom, thus we know what to look for, so you are on the right track. Now, there will be a Mark, but I have no clue what that will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo