Putting on the whole armour of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The armour of God is weakness, faith, weak in Christ ( to death) but we live with Him by the POWER OF GOD.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you provide a detailed description of this destroyer for us?
An origin story?
Thanks
F2F
Well according to the Bible there a some scriptures that gives a little details on how angles look. Let us take a look and see what Satan/Devil/serpent/Dragon really looks like.

"And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire enfolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward." (Ezekiel 1:4-9)

These creators have four faces, four wings, feet like a calf, hands like men under their wings and they also look like burnt brass. What does burnt brass look like? What does anything look like burnt. It looks black. Why does it say they turned not when they went? It was no need for them to turn, remember they have four faces. They can look to the north, south, east and west at the same time. That is why they went forward without turning. Let's find out what they are called.

This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubim’s. Every one had four faces apiece, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings. (Ezekiel 10:20-21)

In the first chapter of Ezekiel we saw the Cherubim’s carrying Jesus around on His throne. Not a space ship as the status quo thinks. These were simply cherubim angels flying the Lord around. Is Satan a cherub angel? Well, let's find out.

The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee: With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures: (Ezekiel 28:1-3)

This is not an ordinary man, notice the clue. Thou are wiser than Daniel? The prince of Tyrus is a Gentile, how can he be wiser than Daniel when it comes to the word of God. Israel possesses the oracles/word of God. Remember that Satan is the god of the Gentiles that have not came under the commonwealth of Israel. This man is Satan; Satan is wiser than Daniel take a look.

Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.( Ezekiel 28: 12-13)

Do you recall the king of Tyrus in the Garden of Eden? I do recall the serpent which is called the devil and also Satan. Let's see who this really is.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. (Ezekiel 28:14-15)

Now we see this is not a man, but a cherub angel. In some cases the Lord calls angels men. But notice something; this cherub which is Satan had some authority. He actually was on the mountain of God, until he sinned. We should pay close attention to that. What happened when Satan sinned against God?

Take a look.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground; I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. (Ezekiel 28:16)

What happened when he got full of himself? He was thrown out. When the Lord blesses us with knowledge, wisdom and also understanding be careful not to get full of yourself and forget whose blessings it is and were it came from. It is the Lord's, not our own.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have been following this lesson, let's recap what we have learned before we continue. We've learned at the beginning of this lesson how to defend ourselves against evil spirits. We also found out how Satan and his minions operate through men and how they were kicked out of heaven and landed right here on earth. We have found out what Satan looks like and what type of angel he is. He is also used symbolically in the book of Revelation as the entire Gentile dynasty. Now, let's see the fix the Lord put on Satan and his angels so man could not see them.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (II Peter 2:4)

Most people will read this and say, “See I told you the evil angels were in hell.” Look at the last part of the verse. It states, “To be reserved unto judgment,” so, if they are waiting for the judgment how can they be in hell? In this case hell represents the earth. We have already read in several places that Satan and his angels were cast out into the earth.

Now, notice what Peter says, “delivered them into chains of darkness,” this simply means they are invisible. If a being popped in front of you shining like the sun and able to tell you what's on your mind, what would you do? You would fall on your face and say, “God just spoke to me.” Luckily they can only appear with permission, if they could appear when they got ready we would not have a chance at salvation.

Let's go to 1st Peter and take a look at a verse where it is said, “When Jesus died, he went and preached to the dead people.” Well, let see if that's true.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: (I Peter 3:18)

The spirit that quickened Him or made alive was the Father. Now pay close attention to the next verse!

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; (I Peter 3:19)

What prison? We just read what prison the Lord went to preach to the spirits in. Let's read it again.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (II Peter 2:4)

This is not the type or prison we perceive with bars and gates. This prison is the realm of invisibility, can’t go back back to the third heaven, or in other words chains of darkness. Now, take a look at the time when the Lord did this preaching to the spirits in prison.

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. (I Peter 3:19-20)

This took place in the days of Noah when He and the Father were equal. Let's see if angels are spirits to clarify this, and also see what their jobs are.

And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, and let all the angels of God worship him. And of the angels he saith, who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. (Hebrews 1:6-7)

So, you see that the angels are spirits. Now, what is there purpose?

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:13-14)

All the angels are ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation. The Holy angels will see that you receive the Lord's word and will protect you in time of trouble. The evil angels are here to try you, and take the word that you have learned or in other words destroy you. If you don't have the word of God you have nothing. Everything in this world will perish, but the next world is for an eternity.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's go to the Psalm and pay close attention to what David is saying, and see how you can defeat your enemy.

A Psalm of David. Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. (Psalms 35:1)

Let the Lord do your fighting. We are no match for what takes place behind the scenes. The spirits are all around us, and if we do not have the protection the Lord gives, we are free game. Note what David says next.

Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them. (Psalms 35:4-6)

Let the angel of the Lord chase them. This is the protection the Lord gives us. A holy angel that is just as powerful as the evil spirit that is trying to do you hurt through evil men. Remember that the angles are ministering spirits sent forth to aid those who are heirs of salvation.

Now, let's go to the book of Judges, see a reward of a wicked man. And Abimelech the son of Jerubbaal went to Shechem unto his mother's brethren, and communed with them, and with all the family of the house of his mother's father, saying, Speak, I pray you, in the ears of all the men of Shechem, Whether is better for you, either that all the sons of Jerubbaal, which are threescore and ten persons, reign over you, or that one reign over you? Remember also that I am your bone and your flesh. And his mother's brethren spake of him in the ears of all the men of Shechem all these words: and their hearts inclined to follow Abimelech; for they said, He is our brother. And they gave him threescore and ten pieces of silver out of the house of Baalberith, wherewith Abimelech hired vain and light persons, which followed him. And he went unto his father's house at Ophrah, and slew his brethren the sons of Jerubbaal, being threescore and ten persons, upon one stone: notwithstanding yet Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left; for he hid himself. And all the men of Shechem gathered together, and all the house of Millo, and went, and made Abimelech king, by the plain of the pillar that was in Shechem. And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount Gerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them, Hearken unto me, ye men of Shechem, that God may hearken unto you. (Judges 9:1-7)

Notice one thing above, “he went unto his father's house at Ophrah, and slew his brethren the sons of Jerubbaal, being threescore and ten persons, upon one stone.” He killed seventy of his brother’s one at a time upon the same stone. Now take a look at what his brother told him.

(For my father fought for you, and adventured his life far, and delivered you out of the hand of Midian: And ye are risen up against my father's house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;) If ye then have dealt truly and sincerely with Jerubbaal and with his house this day, then rejoice ye in Abimelech, and let him also rejoice in you: But if not, let fire come out from Abimelech, and devour the men of Shechem, and the house of Millo; and let fire come out from the men of Shechem, and from the house of Millo, and devour Abimelech. And Jotham ran away, and fled, and went to Beer, and dwelt there, for fear of Abimelech his brother. When Abimelech had reigned three years over Israel, Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech: That the cruelty done to the threescore and ten sons of Jerubbaal might come, and their blood be laid upon Abimelech their brother, which slew them; and upon the men of Shechem, which aided him in the killing of his brethren. (Judges 9:17-24)

For committing this terrible act what did the Lord do? God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech. The Lord sent the evil spirit; this spirit did not just show up on his own. The evil spirit was given an order and he followed it.

Now, let's see the reward of an evil man. And Abimelech came unto the tower, and fought against it, and went hard unto the door of the tower to burn it with fire. And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to break his skull. Then he called hastily unto the young man his armour bearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, a woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died. And when the men of Israel saw that Abimelech was dead, they departed every man unto his place. Thus God rendered the wickedness of Abimelech, which he did unto his father, in slaying his seventy brethren: And all the evil of the men of Shechem did God render upon their heads: and upon them came the curse of Jotham the son of Jerubbaal. (Judges 9:52-57)

Notice what's being said, “Thus God rendered the wickedness of Abimelech, which he did unto his father, in slaying his seventy brethren. Did the Lord kill Abimelech? Or, did the evil spirit kill Abimelech? The scripture states, “A woman broke his skull with a mill stone and his armour bearer thrust him through. Did you see the evil angel do the killing? No! This is what Peter meant by chains of darkness. This evil spirit that was sent by the Lord carried out the order that destroyed Abemelech for killing his brethren by the hand of men. Nowhere do you see were the angel killed Abimelech. In this case you see the evil spirit use the men to carry out the Lord's order.

Now, let's see another case where Jesus gives the order and the evil angels do exactly what they are told to do. But, this time it will not be by the hand of men. Let's go to the 78th Psalm and take a look how this evil spirits use the forces of nature. They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy. How he had wrought his signs in Egypt, and his wonders in the field of Zoan: And had turned their rivers into blood; and their floods, that they could not drink. He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them. He gave also their increase unto the caterpillar, and their labour unto the locust. He destroyed their vines with hail, and their sycamore trees with frost. He gave up their cattle also to the hail, and their flocks to hot thunderbolts. He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them. (Psalms 78:42-49) In this case you see the evil spirit use the men to carry out the Lord's order.

Those verses should have you shaking in your boots. This is one of the reasons we should fear the Lord. He gives the orders to these angels and they carry them out to the letter. These evil spirits are even capable of using the forces of nature. Sisters and brothers, we should not worry about why the Lord does certain things. We should worry about how we must stay on His good side. Remember we are His creation. He can do whatever He wants whenever He wants. Even though Jesus is extremely dangerous He is a loving God. He gives us an operations manual, which is the Bible. It is printed in every language under the sun. There is no excuse for any of us to be ignorant of His word. It gives us instruction how to be members of the God family. Many people do not realize the Godhead is recreating itself. All we need to do is follow the plan He has outlined for us and we will stay in His grace. Nothing is easy sisters and brothers, but we must continue on a day to day basis to walk with the Lord. Sure you we will stumble and fall sometimes, because this flesh is tough. When you do fall get back up and continue the race.