[Question]Genesis 17:8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear quietthinker,
The pathway to salvation is a little complicated but once a person understands it, it's not hard to "see" in scripture.

Have you ever wondered why Paul's conversion experience contains so many usual details? Those details are there to teach the pathway to salvation the Elect will travel.

Here is what Paul said about his conversion experience:

1Tim 1:16 Howbeit for this cause, I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul's conversion experience is a "type" which teaches the pathway to salvation.

The pathway to salvation is taught "here a little and there a little" (Isa 28:9-12) in most of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. However, their teachings (like Paul's conversion) are presented in Christ's spiritual language so that only the converted Elect believers can understand them.

Here is a quick summary of the pathway:
  • The receiving of the Early Rain of the Spirit and entering the church.
  • The coming of the spirit of anti-Christ to the believer and their consuming of leavened bread.
  • Falling away, the Abomination of Desolation and becoming a Man of Sin.
  • Hearing and answering the call of Elijah so that the pathway for Christ is made straight.
  • The Second Coming of Christ when He pours out the Latter Rain of the Spirit and seals the Elect believer.
  • Spiritual blindness is healed.
  • Marriage Supper when the believer consumes milk, bread, meat and New Wine.
  • From their knowledge of the truth, Christ spiritually appears and gathers the believer to dwell with Him in heaven.
  • Judgment of the Day of the Lord arrives to the believer (for the Elect, it is called the Thousand Years Reign).
  • Conversion.
  • The time of testing.
  • The bodily resurrection at the end of the age.
Have you ever studied the verses in Acts 9 which teach Paul's conversion experience?

Joe
Holy moly! What Bible do you use -- the CTV (Conspiracy Theorist Version)?

I would be doing a disservice to my brothers and sisters in Christ if I did not point out that this all is not just utterly wrong, but spectacularly so.
This theory is woven from loosely and/or tenuously associated verses and requires fantastical jumpings of conclusion to put together.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy moly! What Bible do you use -- the CTV (Conspiracy Theorist Version)?

I would be doing a disservice to my brothers and sisters in Christ if I did not point out that this all is not just utterly wrong, but spectacularly so.
This theory is woven from loosely and/or tenuously associated verses and requires fantastical jumpings of conclusion to put together.
Dear Jim C.,
God's Word is written in Christ's spiritual language for the purpose of keeping the knowledge of God concealed from everyone but those who have been converted. Until a believer is converted, they will remain spiritually blind and will not be able to know Christ. In that spiritual condition, a believer will "fall backward and be broken and snared and taken (by Satan):

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11 For with stammering lips and another language (spiritual language) will he speak to this people. 12 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Do you believe that this scripture doesn't apply to you?

Christ says it does:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man (happens with receiving the Early Rain), he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits (spirit of anti-Christ) more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

I can tell you with the certainty of God's Word that no believer after having received the Early Rain of the Spirit is exempted from falling prey to Satan and becoming "worse than the first". I spent over 20 years in the apostate church before Christ came to me a second time and healed my spiritual blindness. Only then could I see the Abomination of Desolation that had earlier occurred within me. If a believer doesn't see the Abomination of Desolation before they die, they are not one of the Elect and they will be resurrected to judgment in the Lake of Fire.

If you are one of the blessed, Christ will "come again" to you someday, too. Only then will you be able to know that what I have stated is true. You shouldn't underestimate God's power to blind people and Satan's power to deceive them. You are experiencing both right now just as I did before I was converted.

Joe

Last edited: