Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

A question for those who don’t believe Jesus talks to his people. Why do you think he told us the following?

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

(John 10:4-6) “The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

If Jesus hasn’t called you by name, do you ever wonder why not?

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have to have Jesus appear to us for the holy spirit to speak to our spirit and to teach us.

[sup]John 14:26[/sup]But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf],
He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

Reactions: TexUs

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

(John 10:4-6) “The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

If Jesus hasn’t called you by name, do you ever wonder why not?
You note there's a condition here... The sheep know their masters voice.
The problem is that the goats don't. If you aren't a sheep then you can't tell the difference between Christ and Satan.

The easiest way to know if it's Christ or Satan? Weigh what they say against the Black and White written Word. If it contradicts, it's Satan and depending on how far down the road you are (have you accepted the false teaching?) can also tell you weather or not you're one of the sheep.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
 Hi Thankful1!

I have heard the audible voice of the Lord a few times and I must say....it can be a little scary :unsure: but awesome! 

God is sooo good!

Bless you!

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Hebrews 1:1-2 ESV Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, (2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Revelation 1:15 ESV his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters.