Quotes, Quotes, And More Quotes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I like quotes, especially quotes from Christian writings.

I'll start it off with some of my favorites.

Evangelical theology is focused on salvation of the lost, on sin and forgiveness, justification, and holiness for the sinner. If we are brave enough to look at it closely, we notice that it is actually man who stands at the center of all things. Yes, man with all his needs. And the servant of man Christ!
Manfred R. Haller

"The gospel of grace is the end of religion, the final posting of the CLOSED sign on the sweatshop of the human race's perpetual struggle to think well of itself. For that, at bottom, is what religion is: man's well-meant but dim-witted attempt to approve of his unapprovable condition by doing odd jobs he thinks some important Something will thank him for.
"Religion, therefore, is a loser, a strictly fallen activity. It has a failed past and a bankrupt future. There was no religion in Eden and there won't be any in heaven; and in the meantime Jesus has died and risen to persuade us to knock it all off right now." (Ibid., pg. 166.)

"Christians don't tell lies, they sing them."
A.W. Tozer

"The Holy Book of the living God suffers more from its exponents today than from its opponents."
--Leonard Ravenhill

Religion as culture and what emerges is a religious culture. People
learn to be "Christians" like they learn to be Americans or Chinese or
what ever cultural group they happen to belong to. They learn the
beliefs, words, behaviors and activities that go with that particular
brand of religion. The results are multitudes of religious people who
appear to be Christians, but are complete strangers to the new birth.

Phil Enlow