Burdensome Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From a friend

It has now been 35 years since I was 'introduced' to Jesus, and thankfully, He is as willing to teach me still, to this day, as He was at the first..
If I was to write this out as it happened the other day, I'd be here too long, and no one would read it, being so long....so I'm just going to stick to the basic ' Punchline '...
While listening to an audio message the other day, which was teaching people how to be a successful Christian, basically.........I became aware of things, I had taken on board, as facts, upon hearing it from whichever teacher or preacher, only to realize all this time later, that they had managed to turn the most precious gift I have ever come across in my life, into this ' Burdensome Gospel ', of ' must or must not ', and trying and trying to become more perfect for Him....
Matt. 11 : 28 - 30, has Jesus asking us to come to Him, all who are weary and HEAVY LADEN, and He will give us rest.....He describes the yoke we should now wear, and to learn from Him.
Instead, we have allowed men to put upon us an entirely different yoke......the yoke of
Catholicism.....the yoke of Protestantism......the yoke of, Jehovas Witnesses, 7th Day Adventists, Mormons and on and on.........On top of the yoke of their brand of religion, which of course MUST be obeyed, as well as their leaders, they then began adding ever more burdens to this yoke............Every law, precept, doctrine and such, varies from religion to religion, but some are quite close to one another, and some quite opposite to one another........One thing they do ALL have in common, is that they ALL demand that we accept, that THEY are the only ones, who are correct in their interpretation of the Bible....The 2nd. thing they have in common, is their outright disbelief in the resurrected , living Jesus, being able to be alive in us and with us.........they all kind of claim that they do believe that, but clearly, they don't.......
So, whichever weights religions try to add to people, who have come to Jesus, seeking Him and His gift of Salvation, through the Grace of God.....they need to be exposed and removed.
100% of Christians I have met over the years, are in this mind set of having to try and try and try some more, until we get ourselves right......That He will put 'hurdles' in our path and keep doing it, till we finally manage to not fall over it......Apparently Gods way of trying to perfect us
huh.gif
?
I won't go into every verse, the Bible and Bible teachers , present to us believers, as a means of adding burdens to believers, instead of allowing us what Jesus had in mind....
that we should be completely free indeed.
I have not included various scriptures, we use to justify that mentality, that there simply is no such thing as ' a free lunch '.....Therefore, no such thing as Salvation, which is purely a gift, with zero burdens added...........The ONLY 'burden' we are asked to supply, is our believing............
While I'm talking about Salvation here, we can basically apply this same mind set to everything........there is His Way ( the easy, peaceful way ) of seeing things and understanding things, and then there is ours..........somewhere along the line, human priests became convinced that their way, was the right way , completely ignoring the fact that the One telling us the Truth, is the Living Son of the Living God.
Sadly, this still goes on........how many people have we not come across over the years, on various forums, who claim to know more and have better information that Jesus Himself does.......those who try to limit
God in what He can or can't do,..........what these christians will allow Him to do or not to do.....then they preach it all, as if it is God Himself saying those things........Extremely foolish, to stand up and say you speak for
God , but in the same breath, denying The Living Christ, Jesus.
Sorry, this is rather a disorganized post...Can't seem to focus as I had hoped this morning, but at least, this time, I did at least manage to write it down lol.
So why don't we all just begin to reach for and enjoy the most Glorious Gospel of Peace, and kick the man made junk to the curb ?
Let us remember that the covenant God made, between Himself and Jesus ( who was representing mankind ), is 100% unbreakable......Even we silly sausages cannot stuff that up, nor nullify it.......Praise His Holy Name....So let us throw off these shackles of various religious demands and begin to enjoy out 'Life abundant ' in Him.....

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth

People want to codify the NT and effectively each group, which insists so strongly, has done so and continues to so. It did not work for the chosen people of God in the OT, but now...do they think it can be done? Peter put it momentarily to a stop as we read in the following verses, but it has rebuilt itself to gigantic proportions unto this modern day of ours:

"But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." Acts 15:5-11

It is now bigger and perhaps worse than what the Jews in that time of Jesus had, because we supposedly have Jesus. Just ask someone which group to join to meet with Jesus and someone will tell you "here" or "there".

"And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them." Luke 17:22-23

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

People want to codify the NT and effectively each group, which insists so strongly, has done so and continues to so. It did not work for the chosen people of God in the OT, but now...do they think it can be done? Peter put it momentarily to a stop as we read in the following verses, but it has rebuilt itself to gigantic proportions unto this modern day of ours:

It is now bigger and perhaps worse than what the Jews in that time of Jesus had, because we supposedly have Jesus. Just ask someone which group to join to meet with Jesus and someone will tell you "here" or "there".

"And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them." Luke 17:22-23

Amen to that, and the lack of interest is a perfect demonstration where it all has gone.

Reactions: amadeus