Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth will set an honest person free but a zion remains stuck in lie lie land.

Gods a Zionist. See how far your hatred of Israel gets you with Him.

In case you don’t know, Zion is Jerusalem, the city Jesus returns to earth to save from destruction, the same city Jesus and Yahweh will dwell in forever after that. Zechariah 14. Actually, you need to read chapter 12 and 13 too.

Then read Hosea, then study, not just skim, Romans 11.

You will learn in Romans 11 that:

Gentiles can only saved by faith now, because God is using us to make Israel jealous.

Gentiles have to be grafted onto the olive tree of Israel, by faith.

All Israel alive to see the deliverer, Jesus, come out of ZION after delivering Jerusalem from total destruction, Zechariah 14, will be saved, because they will realize, and thus believe that He is their true Messiah.

Reactions: post
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not "hate" anyone or any thing; period

In case you don’t know, Zion is Jerusalem
My ignorance precedes me. I was not aware that Jerusalem and Zion were synonymous.
I wrongfully believed Zion was some Jewish god.

Thanks for correcting me

:)-

Reactions: post

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not "hate" anyone or any thing; period

My ignorance precedes me. I was not aware that Jerusalem and Zion were synonymous.
I wrongfully believed Zion was some Jewish god.

Thanks for correcting me

Now tell us which city God will dwell in, on the earth, forever.

That’s why God Himself is a Zionist.

In which prophetic book does Jesus return to save Jerusalem from destruction,wipe out the coalition of Arab armies that were attacking, then live in that city for eternity, thereafter?

That makes Jesus a Zionist, too.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now tell us which city God will dwell in, on the earth, forever.
God does not "dwell" anywhere, God "is" everywhere
That’s why God Himself is a Zionist.
If you believe this and this is what helps you sleep at night, I am not here to give you nightmares. May your sleep be gentle to your soul.
In which prophetic book does Jesus return to save Jerusalem
Jerusalem does not need saving.
from destruction, wipe out the coalition of Arab armies that were attacking
Your racist inequalities will be your demise, not the Arab people.
then live in that city for eternity, thereafter?
The city where you will live in for eternity is the city where you will be buried. Then again you may die from some disease requiring your body to be burned to ashes that are blown into the wind.
That makes Jesus a Zionist, too.
If you believe this and this is what helps you sleep at night, I am not here to give you nightmares. May your sleep be gentle to your soul.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In case you don’t know, Zion is Jerusalem, the city Jesus returns to earth to save from destruction, the same city Jesus and Yahweh will dwell in forever after that. Zechariah 14. Actually, you need to read chapter 12 and 13 too.

Then read Hosea, then study, not just skim, Romans 11.

You will learn in Romans 11 that:

Gentiles can only saved by faith now, because God is using us to make Israel jealous.

Gentiles have to be grafted onto the olive tree of Israel, by faith.

All Israel alive to see the deliverer, Jesus, come out of ZION after delivering Jerusalem from total destruction, Zechariah 14, will be saved, because they will realize, and thus believe that He is their true Messiah.

Zionism as we know it in the world is largely a secular, not an orthodox Jewish movement. For example Zionists even encourage Messianic Jews to return to Israel, while they are barred from any synagogue on earth because of their faith. It's not rooted in Judaism but ethnicity, and many orthodox Jews oppose it because they say they must wait until Messiah regathers them

Even so I agree 100% with you, God is indeed a Zionist even in the sense of an atheist regathering of the people from all over the world to the land. There are two regathering in scripture ((which neither are the return from Babylon, which is separate - that's the nation all returning from a sojourn in a single nation )) from all the world. The first in judgement, a regathering in unbelief, and the second in blessing, a regathering in belief.

If God has indeed cast off His people forever, how could we trust Him to save us who were strangers to Him, to the uttermost?

He will surely redeem the Remnant and never forsake Israel

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyway what is interesting also is it was the gentile authority that killed the Passover and bled meaning Jesus of course.

That really is interesting. And also that those who were unclean because of a dead body were allowed to keep passover:

Numbers 9:6-10
Now there were [certain] men who were defiled by a human corpse, so that they could not keep the Passover on that day; and they came before Moses and Aaron that day. And those men said to him, "We [became] defiled by a human corpse. Why are we kept from presenting the offering of the LORD at its appointed time among the children of Israel?" And Moses said to them, "Stand still, that I may hear what the LORD will command concerning you." Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'If anyone of you or your posterity is unclean because of a corpse, or [is] far away on a journey, he may still keep the LORD's Passover.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree.

No one killed Jesus.

He said no man could take His life - He voluntarily laid it down.

Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

He told Pilate that he had no real power over Him:

Joh 19:10 So Pilate said to him, “You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?”

Joh 19:11 Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above

And if Jesus had changed His mind about dying for us, there were thousands of angels standing by, to rescue Him:

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

So the correct answer is no one killed Jesus involuntarily.

Shalom Aleichem

Amen

No one 'kills God' - - preposterous. He lays His life down, and He takes it up again

Reactions: Curtis

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zionism as we know it in the world is largely a secular, not an orthodox Jewish movement. For example Zionists even encourage Messianic Jews to return to Israel, while they are barred from any synagogue on earth because of their faith. It's not rooted in Judaism but ethnicity, and many orthodox Jews oppose it because they say they must wait until Messiah regathers them

Even so I agree 100% with you, God is indeed a Zionist even in the sense of an atheist regathering of the people from all over the world to the land. There are two regathering in scripture ((which neither are the return from Babylon, which is separate - that's the nation all returning from a sojourn in a single nation )) from all the world. The first in judgement, a regathering in unbelief, and the second in blessing, a regathering in belief.

If God has indeed cast off His people forever, how could we trust Him to save us who were strangers to Him, to the uttermost?

He will surely redeem the Remnant and never forsake Israel

Take that up with God, tell Him the scriptures aren’t correct.

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

Rev 21:23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Rev 21:24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it,

Rev 21:25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.

Rev 22:3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.

Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

Rev 22:5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

Zechariah 14 is a cross reference:

Zec 14:16 Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.

Zec 14:17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

Jesus and God dwell forever in the city Jerusalem/ new Jerusalem.

Also, our bodies as Christians are the temple of God:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Any questions?

Shalom Aleichem

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I read this morning the following words of Peter, raised in pray to God after being commanded not to speak or preach in the name of Jesus,

'And when they heard that,
they lifted up their voice to God with one accord,
and said,
"Lord, Thou art God,
.. Which hast made heaven,
.... and earth,
...... and the sea,
........ and all that in them is:
.......... Who by the mouth of Thy servant David hast said,

............ "Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?"
The kings of the earth stood up,
.. and the rulers were gathered together
.... against the Lord, and against His Christ.
...... For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus,
........ Whom Thou hast anointed,
.......... both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles,
............ and the people of Israel,
.............. were gathered together,
................ For to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy counsel determined before to be done.
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings:
.. and grant unto thy servants,
.... that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
...... By stretching forth Thine hand to heal;
........ and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of Thy holy child Jesus.
.......... And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together;
............ and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,
.............. and they spake the word of God with boldness.'

(Acts 4: 24-31)

* God is in control. His will, will be done.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so I agree 100% with you, God is indeed a Zionist
As the Lord is my witness,
God chose the Jews
Gave them instructions
Which they broke & continue to break over and over
He cast them out
He gathered them for judgement
Today we will witness their demise

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the Lord is my witness,
God chose the Jews
Gave them instructions
Which thee broke & continue to break over and over
He cast them out
He gathered them for judgement
Today we will witness their demise

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Heb 12:22-24 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, (23) to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, (24) to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 12:22-24 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, (23) to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, (24) to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

And the city New Jerusalem, which could be called New Zion, comes down from heaven to the old Jerusalem area, lands on earth, and God dwells in that city, forever. Revelation 21.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[33] And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[33] And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Jer 24:5 “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel: Like these good figs, so I will regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I have sent away from this place to the land of the Chaldeans.

Jer 24:6 I will set my eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up, and not tear them down; I will plant them, and not pluck them up.

Jer 24:7 I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forced isn't correct because Rome had authority over Israel, made it politically expedient for pilot yes. not sure if you mentioned it or not but Israel didn't have the authority to execute what is now called corporal punishment, that was for Roman authority to decide, so the High Priest of the day had to go to the appropriate roman authority to execute some one. and Rome's relationship with the High Priest goes back to Maccabees Judas I do believe. Rome would deal directly with the High Priest as the Israeli authority.

anyway what is interesting also is it was the gentile authority that killed the Passover and bled meaning Jesus of course.

I disagree. The Jewish religion did have the power to execute while under the Roman Occupation.
If you believe there was no such power, define stoning and it’s use during the period. In fact Stephen was stoned to death. The first Apostle to be martyred. “Jesus Christ Superstar” is not a good reference point.
The use of the Roman method of execution was driven by desire to protect the Priesthood entitlement posture in the eyes of the population.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. The Jewish religion did have the power to execute while under the Roman Occupation.
If you believe there was no such power, define stoning and it’s use during the period. In fact Stephen was stoned to death. The first Apostle to be martyred. “Jesus Christ Superstar” is not a good reference point.
The use of the Roman method of execution was driven by desire to protect the Priesthood entitlement posture in the eyes of the population.

well that may be true, but stoning is a act done on the fly, a people's act, if you will. by law the people have to execute a stoning, were as the courts were involved when it came to Jesus. if it was posable they would have let Jesus be stoned, but the people would not comply or at the least the priesthood didn't see that they could get the public to do so as attested by the gospels in many occasions that they were in fear of the people when came to apprehending Jesus. and do you think Rome cares if a mop kills some one that isn't Roman? in the middle east no one cares that a Muslim mob kills a Muslim but see what happens if its a US citizen. so if the Priesthood had the authority or Israeli courts, they could have executed Jesus easily, but yes politics was involved but that goes back to the Maccabees where that relationship between Rome and the Hebrew High priest began.

so in short only Rome had the authority to apprehend try and hag someone.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, and then time passed on until;we have this ~~~~~~~
Ezekiel
Chapter 21

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,

3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.

30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.

31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.
:)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those Jews, you gotta watch them...they'll steal your birthday!