Redding California charity turns down pot dispensary's food donation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLF777

May 8, 2008
A Christian ministry that feeds homeless people in Shasta County is saying “no thanks” to an offer of free food from a medical marijuana collective, much to the chagrin of its co-owner.“It doesn’t make any sense to me,” said Joe Munday, who, with his wife, Gina, owns The Green Heart medical marijuana collectives and dispensaries in Anderson, Shasta Lake and Mount Shasta. “Everybody I’ve told so far about this thinks its absolutely ridiculous.”Munday, who said his three businesses have been holding food drives for about the past month, called the Redding Loaves and Fishes on Wednesday after seeing that organization’s TV commercials seeking donations.He said he eventually spoke on the telephone to a man named “Chris,” who originally seemed receptive to the taking him up on his offer of free food.But, he said, that man called back about 30 minutes later and turned it down.“He said ‘my pastor and I have been praying on this and we don’t want to accept your food,’” Munday said.Chris Solberg, director of Loaves and Fishes, confirmed Today that he spoke with Munday, but said that he alone made the decision to politely turn down the offer after praying.“The Lord impressed on me to tell him thanks, but no thanks,” he said, adding that he does not regret that decision. “I feel good about the decision. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.”Still, he noted, that food and monetary donations are very much needed due to the poor economy.Solberg said he was at first unaware of the nature of Munday’s businesses. He said he finally realized once he got off the phone with him that they were medical marijuana shops. He said that he does not support them and their proliferation.“They are all over,” Solberg said, calling them a “pestilence” and “travesty” in the community. Read More: http://reddingloavesandfishes.com/forum/index.php?topic=1322.0

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saddened by the ignorance. If people only knew how much MM helps so many people. The lozenges, the baked goods, the oils -alleviate nausea, lack of appetite, aches -from so many illnesses.I hope the man that refused the food for the needy never ever has to be on chemo.If, indeed, the MM owner is doing any shady deals -well, food would have to be refused by most companies in the USA.BUT, the good side, because I don't let saddness ever last, is the food will go to another organization that takes car of the needy. YAY! :)Miss Hepburn