(Refuting) This Going 2 A Church (Building) Saves You Doctrine!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I keep coming across this doctrine where people seem to think just because they go to a church building that their ok with God. They seem to be so big on fellowship and nothing else.

Anyone can have fellowship, even criminal gangs have fellowship are they saved? Now I agree Christians should not neglect the meeting together but what are you meeting together for? Are you meeting together to serve the lord or are you meeting together to sin?

That’s right I spoke with a pastor and he said you could still sin and be a Christian. And you wonder why the churches are becoming more and more empty these days, well the good ones anyway, only a minute of good churches out there teaching the true word!!

You know who else goes to church? Satanic worshipers!! Yep there’s a satanic church just opened up somewhere in the states forgotten where, are you gonna tell me their saved too coz they go 2 a building?

I agree with going to a church so called building only if the holy spirit is present and people are being moved like the apostles in acts 4, if there’s real deliverance of unclean spirits going on, people are speaking in tongues and interpreting, and also maybe some prophesying in the church?

You don’t need to go to a church building to have fellowship. Bible says in 1 john 7:1

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Our real fellowship is within the body of Christ which is the body of believers. we all have unity of the spirit, one christian meeting another, we have slight

nuances in doctrine but we’re all baptised in the same spirit, but were not all in

unity of faith, believing the same thing, that takes time but it will come.

God's Holy Spirit unites us with Jesus Christ through new birth, empowers our growth & drives our love, bearing fruit in & through us.

The real word for fellowship is the greek word coinonia - a strong fellowship wat paul talks about wat churches shud have, means being as one, wat happens 2 u happens 2 me, if one person gets gift of tongues den we all get it coz were all one body, dats the mind set.

And we can have this anywhere God takes it, on the streets, view the internet on youtube or skype, I regularly watch sermons and fellowships online and I’m fine with that, I rejoice just as if I’m right their with them.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy Christ-Mass!!
While I have no problem using and applying the word, Christmas, as many people use it and apply it, I would be slow to break it into its original components which would like have a more Catholic meaning: The mass of Christ.

No problem with Christ [anointed one or Messiah], but the word, mass, in this context [as in the mass of the Catholic Church]:

"Mass, known more fully as the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the central liturgical ritual in the Catholic Church where the bread and wine are consecrated and become the body and blood of Christ". [simple definition taken from a Bing search on Internet. Catholics may express it differently.]

But taking it in the common, non-Catholic connotation: Merry Christmas, my friend! Give God the glory!

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks man!!, uno that actually slipped my mind, I'll stop using dat term, I'll just say Christ-day!! instead, even tho Christ day is really everyday but hay, maybe just call it Christ-rest-day!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus
B

brakelite

I have never read, at least on this forum, a post advocating attendance at a particular building on either a regular or irregular schedule, as being in any way a contributing factor in gaining eternal life. However, I would imagine that the Catholics on duty here would quickly inform us that regular attendance would most assuredly lessen ones time spent in purgatory, having already been awarded eternal life by having his hair washed as a baby.