Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
jiggyfly said:
Would this not many people be the same like-minded people that you believe preserved our liberty to grow spiritually?

Than I see something much different in religion and it's history than you. :)
Not necessarily. Regarding my phrase 'not many people', I was referring specifically to this current time. Historically, I was referring to those who translated and preserved the bible, and those who preserved the faith by separating from the status quo that sought to destroy it. These people were involved with religion to one degree or another. It was not the every-man-for-himself, kind of thing we have going on today.

Reactions: Illuminator

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Not necessarily. Regarding my phrase 'not many people', I was referring specifically to this current time. Historically, I was referring to those who translated and preserved the bible, and those who preserved the faith by separating from the status quo that sought to destroy it. These people were involved with religion to one degree or another. It was not the every-man-for-himself, kind of thing we have going on today.
Are you suggesting that it is because of religion and that without religion one will lose their way?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
aspen2 said:
religion is the language of faith. without language we cannot express or even conceptualize our faith.
Gee, I thought love was the language of faith.

Gal_5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, where did the crazy catholic go? Drops a "spam" bomb and splits?

Reactions: jiggyfly

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Axehead said:
Gee, I thought love was the language of faith.

Gal_5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So, where did the crazy catholic go? Drops a "spam" bomb and splits?
Why are you baiting me Axehead? Seems out of character.

The very concept of Christian love would be unknown without the language of religion.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
aspen2 said:
Why are you baiting me Axehead? Seems out of character.

The very concept of Christian love would be unknown without the language of religion.
Then you misunderstood, me. I took the opportunity to give the Biblical definition.

Religion has way too broad of a meaning, anyway. A person can be religious about almost anything.

The very concept of Christian love would be unknown without Jesus Christ.

Too many "languages" of religions have participated in anything but love.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God uses religion...as a carrier of a truth that they themselves don't really understand. Religion has it's own agenda. But God is sovereign and will use religion in order to preserve His words that bring life to many.

The irony is that it is the religious institutions that ultimately persecute the people of God. They claim that the saints have got it wrong. Oh, the irony!

Here is an analogy that puts the best possible spin on religion. Religion is like a dad who teaches his son about say...baseball. Now the son picks up the game quickly and becomes a better player than his dad...having more athletic ability and a better grasp of the game. When the boy reaches manhood he ends up playing in the major leagues.

Now the analogy breaks down because in this world, success is visible...as in the father can be proud of his son even though the son far exceeds the dad in talent and ability. But in the religious sphere (actually spiritual sphere) where the success is INVISIBLE to the eye...as in the big leagues of the heart before the Lord...the dad will come harder and harder against a young one who no longer follows his instructions. The dad may know a little about baseball but a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

The dad will invariably see the growth in his son, although it is growth in the Lord, as a personal insult against his own methods. Enter religious persecution.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Axehead said:
Then you misunderstood, me. I took the opportunity to give the Biblical definition.

Religion has way too broad of a meaning, anyway. A person can be religious about almost anything.

The very concept of Christian love would be unknown without Jesus Christ.

Too many "languages" of religions have participated in anything but love.

It is very possible that I misunderstood you - I was reading the post on my phone - thanks for clarifying.

I see religion on language - it constructed of words - words used to express our response towards God and He uses it to communicate with us. There is nothing inherently wrong with religion as language. The problem is when we restrict it to language and untried concepts like the Pharisees rather than living it like Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, Catholics have saints--more than 10,000 of them. They’re like God’s customer
service reps, and each of them has a specialty. Say you lose your wallet. You could bother
the Creator to help you find it, but if you’re a Catholic you don’t have to. Just pray to St.
Anthony. Finding lost things is all he does. For Eternity. Also, there are times when you
might want to pray to St. Agatha. She’s the patron saint of nrusing and bell-making. If
you’re both a nurse and a bell-maker, that’s one-shop stopping.
. But let’s stop living in the past.!

Matt 6 :
After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in Heaven…

Our Father is God in Heaven, not an elected Pope in Vatican City.

Our Father God in Heaven is not an earthly created and made saint.

Praying is exclusively taught in Gods Word to Pray TO God Only, (not a suggestion!)

Saints in Heaven taking prayer requests is a False Teaching concocted by False Teachers.

You gave an excessive commentary finger pointing your criticism of other denominations, while obviously ignoring your own denominations false teaching.

Glory to God,
Taken