Religious Facade Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In whose eyes? Yours? God says no one measures up on their own. You've broken God's law so you are a lawbreaker.
This is universal. One does not measure up to God by claiming a self-righteousness by beliefs. Who is measuring the belief?

And Jesus is not a minister of sin. If we abide in Him we don't sin.

So you would attempt at a way to on the one hand avoid the law...and on the other hand deny the power of grace...which brings neither righteousness or real holiness. It is make-believe. You are looking for a "get out of your responsibilities" free pass which only exists in the minds of religiously indoctrinated people to that effect.
You can't change that fact. If you want to be judged by your works, those are your works.

Nobody wants to be judged by their works. But you are denying the biblical admonition and statement that ALL will be judged by their works...even reality deniers such as yourself. You make it sound like it is a choice...as in..."and they who wanted to...will be judged for the deeds done in the Body." You are taking this opinion thing so far as to exactly contradict the written word.

2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Are you part of that "all" or "each one"....or not?

Only the righteousness that is apart from works of law.

Judaism is not an issue here. The works of the law are circumcision, kosher eating, sabbath keeping...etc. All external things.

What you are alluding to is the righteousness of faith. The fear of the Lord and humility are by faith. The righteousness of God is the higher walk of walking in miraculous power...as we read about in the book of Acts. Whereby the blind see...and those with sight are blinded...the dead are raised and the blasphemers die. A whole other level of righteousness and judgment. But we don't see that kind of righteousness very much unless there is a revival of holiness.

You would have your righteousness seen in your works, my righteousness is found in Christ alone. My faith is seen in my works, that is the way God teaches.

No one will be judged by their faith or beliefs...but the works that stemmed from them. Everybody believes something. So your point is a strawman.

Yet doing righteousness in one's own eyes does not make one righteous.

Neither is one's claim that their beliefs save them. This is not about what we think we are doing...it is God who justifies...or not. It is with He who has mercy...not the one who runs. So you have just found another way...besides Judaism...to justify yourself. You are doing the exact same thing as the Pharisees...without seeing yourself.

Either you are righteous by works, or by faith. One precludes the other. At the end of the day, this is the choice each of us is making, either Jesus' righteousness on my behalf, which forms my life into righteousness like His, or, making myself righteous to become righteous like Jesus.

Actually everything is connected. Faith is attached with reality and what we do. And what we do shows our level of obedience to God....if any.

Jesus is not righteous for us...we need to enter into His miraculous place and walk in order to walk in the Spirit and truth...in reality. Doing miracles. Being as Jesus Christ in the world. THAT is according to the righteousness of God...and not of a mere mortal man.

it is easy to claim great things...but these great things are attested to by evidence. And that evidence is clearly laid out.

"He who says he abides in Him ought to walk even as He walked." Anything else is fiction.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What they think, I can say. They think that what you think saves you. If you think Jesus died you are saved, irrespective of what you do.

But God saved people in the past. They not only thought God saved them, they KNEW He did. They saw that water stand up and then saw it fall on the whole Egyptian army. They SAW Him save them. They had knowledge of Gods having saved them. But then what happened?

Crossing the Red Sea is not being Born Again. Seeing God do a miracle is not the same thing as being recreated in righteousness and holiness.

Defining your life by the Old Covenant, is, I believe, a mistake.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Rom 10:9).

The kind of faith that God receives comes from the heart...not the mind. Unless you see no difference of course. But the NT is based on a new heart. It is NOT a belief system. So then many will be led astray by taking certain verses that seem to be an easy in...only to fool themselves.

And salvation is to walk as Jesus walked anyway...God sends fire down on a proper heart sacrifice...as per Abel. So there is no doubt that just having a religious thought doesn't move God one iota. But a simple faith from the heart will.

So then seeing how easy this sounds...go to God for a walk on the level of a Stephen or Paul.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you would attempt at a way to on the one hand avoid the law...and on the other hand deny the power of grace...which brings neither righteousness or real holiness. It is make-believe. You are looking for a "get out of your responsibilities" free pass which only exists in the minds of religiously indoctrinated people to that effect.

And you are making this up from whole cloth, as they used to say.

Speaking of make believe.

If you want to engage my view, then do it, but not your straw man.

Much love!
2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Are you part of that "all" or "each one"....or not?
Yes, in this way, but it seems to me that you teach this determines your salvation, your justification before God. Unless I've misunderstood you.

That while I believe we are judged according to works to remove what is evil - ashes, and to retain what is good, though we are all saved who are judged thusly, what you appear to teach is that all will be judged by works, then justified or condemned accordingly. Is that correct? Is that what you teach?

"He who says he abides in Him ought to walk even as He walked." Anything else is fiction.

Yes, just so! And we know who we are, and what we are, even when others can't see through the computer screen.

And . . . out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. We actually do reveal who we are.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Crossing the Red Sea is not being Born Again.

Divorcing your walk from the Scriptures...the bible that Jesus and Paul used...is the most unwise thing of all. Crossing the Red sea is indeed a picture of being saved from the world and into an encounter with God (at Sinai). Entering the Promised land is akin to walking in the Spirit. But this only works for those who would heed the teachings of God and depart from iniquity. Otherwise just go with your own ideas and ignore the biblical narrative.:rolleyes:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kind of faith that God receives comes from the heart...not the mind.

Um . . .

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Rom 10:9).

That was what he posted, yes.

Believe in thine heart. Believe.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Divorcing your walk from the Scriptures...

So you are saying then that the Isrealites who passed through the Red Sea were born again in the NT sense?

Yes, it illustrates many things well.

Just the same, there's my question, is that what you are saying?

Or did you merely write in an effort to make me look bad?

Kind of wondering, which is it?

Divorcing your walk from the Scriptures...the bible that Jesus and Paul used...is the most unwise thing of all. Crossing the Red sea is indeed a picture of being saved from the world and into an encounter with God (at Sinai). Entering the Promised land is akin to walking in the Spirit. But this only works for those who would heed the teachings of God and depart from iniquity. Otherwise just go with your own ideas and ignore the biblical narrative.:rolleyes:

A picture of being saved, or, defining NT rebirth according to what happened then? Clearly two different things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you continually speak this way to me, who has the actual facade? And let's face it, this is pretty tame by some examples.

I write these things to challenge you to examine yourself, and the heart that is in you.

For truly, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying then that the Isrealites who passed through the Red Sea were born again in the NT sense?

Yes, it illustrates many things well.

Just the same, there's my question, is that what you are saying?

Or did you merely write in an effort to make me look bad?

Kind of wondering, which is it?

A picture of being saved, or, defining NT rebirth according to what happened then? Clearly two different things.

Much love!

They were preached the gospel just as we were...

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Could it be that just as God sent Moses to take away a people for Himself...to meet and commune with Him in the wilderness...so also God sent Jesus who came to earth to take away a people for God to meet Him and commune with Him in the Spirit?

Too hard to tell? :oops::rolleyes:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you be needing a blindfold for the executioner? The racoon comes with a natural looking blindfold...so you should be ok! :)
'Executioner"...such an ominous sounding name! ;)

Ep, you should see my raccoons this year. There are a few granddaughters of my first one from 10 years ago that are bringing their young kits. I opened the door, and three little ones ran into the house. Soooooo cute.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then is your answer to my question, were you wanting to answer?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say you have never ever in all your life
obeyed the 1st commandment much less all the other ones.

Therefore I challenge you to just one commandment
the 1st one.

Do you accept it?

Quite an accusation for a stranger to say. I am not under the old laws, because I keep the deeper laws of the Spirit of life in Christ. That must be accepting to God because 100% of my prayers are answered.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ep, you should see my raccoons this year. There are a few granddaughters of my first one from 10 years ago that are bringing their young kits. I opened the door, and three little ones ran into the house. Soooooo cute.
How sweet!

We hve 4 generations of cats at our church, and now a few raccoons have joined in, I think it's a mama and her 2 little ones.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then is your answer to my question, were you wanting to answer?

Much love!

Don't know. Havent really looked into it in depth...by the Holy Spirit, through faith, in the OT, men raised the dead, heard from God, wrote the books of the bible, wrote shockingly intimate psalms about the one they walked with, healed of leprosy, gave leprosy, closed the mouths of lions, and much more. I don't think its important to me to try to pick apart that to claim I have some closer walk with God than they did. I pick it apart to learn from them, not to debate whether I am greater than them or have some blessing they didnt. He demanded trust from them, from Adam, and He still demands trust from me. And to walk humbly with Him. Those are what please Him. I want to please Him. So...I leave it to theologians to answer your question.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know. Havent really looked into it in depth...by the Holy Spirit, through faith, in the OT, men raised the dead, heard from God, wrote the books of the bible, wrote shockingly intimate psalms about the one they walked with, healed of leprosy, gave leprosy, closed the mouths of lions, and much more. I don't think its important to me to try to pick apart that to claim I have some closer walk with God than they did. I pick it apart to learn from them, not to debate whether I am greater than them or have some blessing they didnt. He demanded trust from them, from Adam, and He still demands trust from me. And to walk humbly with Him. Those are what please Him. I want to please Him. So...I leave it to theologians to answer your question.
One thought does come to mind though...there was a teacher in Israel who asked about being born again from above and Jesus said, how can you be a teacher of Israel and you don't know this...?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think its important to me to try to pick apart that to claim I have some closer walk with God than they did.

Is this truly what you think the point is here?

What does it mean to you to be born again?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thought does come to mind though...there was a teacher in Israel who asked about being born again from above and Jesus said, how can you be a teacher of Israel and you don't know this...?

We need to understand these things, I think. Jesus found it to be important.

The simple answer is that given that rebirth is found in Jesus' death and resurrection, only then, only in the new covenant are we reborn. They were not. This isn't "one-ups-man-ship", simply talking about what the Bible teaches.

We should not, I think, attempt to define our relationship with God in the New Covenant as being the same as someone else's relationship with God in another covenant.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this truly what you think the point is here?

What does it mean to you to be born again?

Much love!

To me it means...to be given new life by a receiving of the Holy Spirit. But where we diverge is in how we handle everything after that.

Reactions: faithfulness