remnant of her seed (Rev 12:17}

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

What does "her seed" mean to you? This term is only used twice in the KJV yet as most seed is referred to the man's seed "his seed" is used 40 times in scripture. What are your thoughts of what "her seed" means to you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Descendants. Offspring. (In the spiritual sense.) That's pretty consistent with the LXX of Genesis 3:15 and elsewhere. Don't get hung up because the word used is spermatos, from which we get the English word sperm, which is of course decidedly male.

Then the question becomes, who is the woman who gave birth to the man-child who is destined to rule the nations? Who are her descendants?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyd

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the remnant of her seed meant, a follower of Christ.

Short commentary.

When you hear the term “remnant” as it's used in the Bible, it refers to a group of people who remain loyal to God after a time of hardship. There is special meaning to the remnant of believers that will exist in the last days, when earth is at its worst, right before Christ's Second Coming

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of variations of how to interpret Revelation but I believe "her" is the church, the "dragon" is Satan, and the "remnant of her seed which keep the commandments" are the people who are saved.
  • Revelation is written symbolically - Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"
  • The Bible is its own dictionary - interpret the symbols by looking at all like references in the Bible.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
There's a lot of variations of how to interpret Revelation but I believe "her" is the church, the "dragon" is Satan, and the "remnant of her seed which keep the commandments" are the people who are saved.
  • Revelation is written symbolically - Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"
  • The Bible is its own dictionary - interpret the symbols by looking at all like references in the Bible.
John signifies/bore record, of the word of God, and of the TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST. Blessed are they who HEAR, the words of that prophecy and KEEP those things, written therein, for the time is at hand...

Revelation 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Going back we hear Paul thanking God for what is given the believers by Jesus Christ, enriched by Him in all uttering and knowledge, ( EVEN AS THE TESTIMONY OF CHRIST WAS CONFIRMED IN THEM) so they come behind in no gift.

Christ confirming them to the end, to be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. ( GOD IS FAITHFUL)

Paul beseeched the believers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to all speak the same, to have no divisions, to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. ( the Lord is faithful, they have to believe that to be faithful also.)...

1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Forward to John, our brother in tribulation, and in the kingdom and PATIENCE of Jesus Christ, as John was in Patmos for the word of God and for the TESTIMONY of Jesus Christ.

John tells of the dragon, the devil cast out, of heaven to the earth, and this is salvation and the power of the Christ of God, the accuser of the brothers cast down, and they OVERCAME HIM, by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and by the WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY. ( loving not their lives until the death.)

This makes the dragon/ the devil wrathful, as the devil came down to the earth knowing he has a short time left.

The devil is wrathful and goes to make war, to them who keep the commandments of God. (WHO HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.)

Here is the PATIENCE of the saints, here are they who keep the commandments of God, and THE FAITH OF JESUS, the dead are blessed from henceforth, to rest from their labours, and their works do follow them...

Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

There remains therefore a rest to the people of God.

Let is labour therefore to enter into that rest ( glorious rest of Christ He entered into. Isaiah 11:10. Luke 24:26) so no man fails after the same example of UNBELIEF, as Israel.

They are not all Israel which are of Israel, BUT IN ISAAC THY SEED SHALL BE CALLED. ( THE WOMANS SEED. Revelation 12:17.) The children of the flesh are not COUNTED FOR THE SEED, but the children OF PROMISE ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED. ( the Word of promise)

God reserved Himself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN. ( ALL THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE OF WORSHIPPING BAAL, WAS SEVEN THOUSAND. 1 Kings 20:15.) and at that present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. ( Revelation 11:13, records the men killed, seven thousand, so the REMNANT FEAR AND GIVE GLORY TO THE GOD OF HEAVEN/ to not worship the mage of the beast as Israel worshipped the image of Baal. Revelation 19:20 20:4.)

For we have need of PATIENCE, that after we have done the will of God, we might receive the promises.

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Descendants. Offspring. (In the spiritual sense.) That's pretty consistent with the LXX of Genesis 3:15 and elsewhere. Don't get hung up because the word used is spermatos, from which we get the English word sperm, which is of course decidedly male.

Then the question becomes, who is the woman who gave birth to the man-child who is destined to rule the nations? Who are her descendants?
I agree seed is male and where used even in Gen 3:15 you understand that says his. I was wondering if it could be referring to the seed of the 144 thousand men more in the Rev 7 as in there were that many maybe at the time of Christ and disciples. All their offspring Jew and Gentile grafted in beyond that being the church as @Ritajanice said.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This more to me symbolic would be maybe spiritual? Rather than both spiritual and physical? I just believe God grafted in Gentiles also physical to Israel not just spiritual.

Reactions: Ritajanice

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

What does "her seed" mean to you? This term is only used twice in the KJV yet as most seed is referred to the man's seed "his seed" is used 40 times in scripture. What are your thoughts of what "her seed" means to you.
The seed is the seed of the woman Mariam/Mary of Jesus Christ our savior, as foretold in Genesis. And his remanent then are those genuine believers during the time of Christ and the Day of Pentecost and beyond.

Now the verse you cited indicates a dual time meaning, embedded within. This verse was fulfilled or occurred after the ascension of Christ and really went into full gear during the Judean wars by the Roman armies. They persecuted the remanent of God in that generation, especially 60-70 AD. Now this persecution of the world system of evil (the dragon) still continues on, centuries later. Meaning then, the seed of Christ who spawned this remnant are still being persecuted in every generation since, even today, into the future.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seed is the seed of the woman Mariam/Mary of Jesus Christ our savior, as foretold in Genesis. And his remanent then are those genuine believers during the time of Christ and the Day of Pentecost and beyond.

Now the verse you cited indicates a dual time meaning, embedded within. This verse was fulfilled or occurred after the ascension of Christ and really went into full gear during the Judean wars by the Roman armies. They persecuted the remanent of God in that generation, especially 60-70 AD. Now this persecution of the world system of evil (the dragon) still continues on, centuries later. Meaning then, the seed of Christ who spawned this remnant are still being persecuted in every generation since, even today, into the future.
Do you think the 144 thousand represents Christians of the tribes?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the 144 thousand represents Christians of the tribes?
All genuine believers in Christ, already dead, living or in the future. The 12x12 x 1000 is symbolic of a verge large number indicating the 12 natural tribes of Israel that became transformed in the the entire spiritual seed promised to Abraham, the spiritual remnants of the natural Israelites and the rest of those in the world.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
A thousand of every tribe of Israel, ( of the 12 tribes) armed for war.

Of the tribe of Juda were sealed 12 thousand.

A hundred and forty four thousand sealed of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

After this, a great multitude, WHCH NO MAN COULD NUMBER, of all nations kindreds and people, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes and palms in their hands...

Numbers 31:5 So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

A Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.

Heaven opened, a white horse, and He that sat upon him was called FAITHFUL AND TRUE, and IN RIGHTEOUSNESS HE DOES JUDGE AND MAKE WAR.

Clothed with a vesture dipped in BLOOD, HIs name is called the WORD OF GOD. ( the name written that NO MAN KNEW.)

The armies which were in haven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, WHITE AND CLEAN.

The throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve him.

They shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads...

Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does "her seed" mean to you?
What does “her seed” mean to you? To me it’s the woman spoken of in Numbers 5:28 - And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean(unless I wash your feet, you won’t be clean.) ; then she shall be free(whom the son —her seed—makes free, is free indeed) , and (she) shall conceive seed
There are two women in Numbers one called an adulterous woman(bound to the law) who brings forth sin unto death, and the other made clean; free (Liberty) and (the free woman) conceives seed. Bring forth righteousness unto Life.

In Romans it speaks of the adulterous woman and being made free from being called an “adulterous woman who brings forth death” by the body of Jesus Christ. Being now called to be: “free” “clean” to bring forth “seed” unto God. This “seed” —for He left us now without “seed” which still remains bringing for “fruit unto God” -Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness(which fruit comes from “her seed”, which are by Jesus Christ, unto (bringing forth fruit unto) the glory and praise of God.

Yet “the dragon makes war with the remnant of her seed” which keep the commandments and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
The remnant of “her seed”
Not the seed of the adulterous woman (bound to the law) which brings forth death.
But the seed “her seed” of the woman which is above and free “New Jerusalem” where those bound to the law were set free from the Law of sin and condemnation by the body of Christ, being no more an adulteress but reconciled unto God to “bring forth fruit unto God.”
Paul said he made war with “the remnant of her seed” dragging them who had the testimony of Christ off to prison, and how he consented to Stephens death…but when the time came God separated him from his mothers womb and he spoke loudly: “now I preach the way, The Faith, I once destroyed.”

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does “her seed” mean to you? To me it’s the woman spoken of in Numbers 5:28 - And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean(unless I wash your feet, you won’t be clean.) ; then she shall be free(whom the son —her seed—makes free, is free indeed) , and (she) shall conceive seed
There are two women in Numbers one called an adulterous woman(bound to the law) who brings forth sin unto death, and the other made clean; free (Liberty) and (the free woman) conceives seed. Bring forth righteousness unto Life.

In Romans it speaks of the adulterous woman and being made free from being called an “adulterous woman who brings forth death” by the body of Jesus Christ. Being now called to be: “free” “clean” to bring forth “seed” unto God. This “seed” —for He left us now without “seed” which still remains bringing for “fruit unto God” -Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness(which fruit comes from “her seed”, which are by Jesus Christ, unto (bringing forth fruit unto) the glory and praise of God.

Yet “the dragon makes war with the remnant of her seed” which keep the commandments and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
Not the seed of the adulterous woman (bound to the law) which brings forth death.
But the seed “her seed” of the woman which is above and free “New Jerusalem” where those bound to the law were set free from the Law of sin and condemnation by the body of Christ, being no more an adulteress but reconciled unto God to “bring forth fruit unto God.”
Paul said he made war with “the remnant of her seed” dragging them who had the testimony of Christ off to prison, and how he consented to Stephens death…but when the time came God separated him from his mothers womb and he spoke loudly: “now I preach the way, The Faith, I once destroyed.”
In “the dragon makes war with the remnant of her seed”; those who keep the Law and have the testimony of Jesus Christ…
How does the dragon war…
How does the remnant of “her seed” war, who keep the law and have the testimony of Jesus Christ? 2 Corinthians 10:2-6 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. [3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds [5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; [6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Romans 7:23
but I see in my members another law (the law of jealousies) (the dragon) waging war against the law of (Christ) my mind and making me captive to the law of sin (of the adulterous woman) that dwells in my members.
^a body is many members, yet one body …how do those members war against one another …to try to bring those members back into the bondage of death.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To cool, never thought about Numbers at all thank you and what you say makes sense.. for me since it is only used regarding Eve in scriptures it was maybe Eve who then became clean? I will have to ponder what you wrote thanks.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Along these same lines--have a look at Genesis 16 and consider the Egyptian slave woman- Hagar's 'seed.' The seed of Abraham was sown in two different fields.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Along these same lines--have a look at Genesis 16 and consider the Egyptian slave woman- Hagar's 'seed.' The seed of Abraham was sown in two different fields.
Thank you for pointing to Genesis 16. I read it and can see how it connects, but at the same it makes no sense to me. What stood out to me from Genesis 16 is Sarai become jealous when the handmaiden conceived. And Abraham said to his wife to do with the handmaiden as it pleased her. Yet then the angel of the Lord found the handmaiden and told her to return to her mistress and to submit under her hand. And how she would have a son and call him Ishmael for the Lord had heard her affliction.

Mary was a handmaiden of low estate.
Does the above in Genesis 16 connect to John the Baptist and Jesus where both women were pregnant?

Last edited:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
There is always a fleshy answer and also one of faith.

The flesh/the law, is specifically Numbers, here Numbers 5 all the law is executed upon a woman, ( of the flesh) by a priest ( of the flesh) because of her husband ( of the flesh)...

Numbers 5:27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.
28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.
29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;
30 Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the Lord, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.
31 Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.

Romans 7, also can be read and understood in the flesh, or through the Spirit. ( by the letter of the law, or through faith)

Immediately we are testified that we are BECOME DEAD TO THE LAW. What takes over is being MARRIED TO ANOTHER. ( no longer the law applied by all those of the flesh/under the law/no longer THE OLDNESS OF THE LETTER..)

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Now the promises were made to the seed of Abraham. Not to many seeds, but to one, and that seed is Christ.

But those of the flesh, who desire to be yet under the law ( the letter kills but the Spirit gives life) can still see that Abraham had two sons, ( this separates the children of the flesh from the children of God/children of the promise/remnant, are counted for the seed.)

One was by a FREEWOMAN, the ones born after the flesh always have persecuted those born after the Spirit. ( always disagree and resist one another)

The covenant from Jerusalem which is above, IS FREE, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL. We as Isaac are children of the promise ( when not children of the flesh/the letter of the law that kills)

So then we are children not of the bond woman, but of the free.

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd just go with the mainstream orthodox answer: The woman is Israel (God's people), and her descendants ("seed") are all the Christians who are alive at the time of the Great Tribulation.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for pointing to Genesis 16. I read it and can see how it connects, but at the same it makes no sense to me. What stood out to me from Genesis 16 is Sarai become jealous when the handmaiden conceived. And Abraham said to his wife to do with the handmaiden as it pleased her. Yet then the angel of the Lord found the handmaiden and told her to return to her mistress and to submit under her hand. And how she would have a son and call him Ishmael for the Lord had heard her affliction.

Mary was a handmaiden of low estate.
Does the above in Genesis 16 connect to John the Baptist and Jesus where both women were pregnant?

What I was referencing was in response to your comments here>>

You mentioned the seed of the adulterous woman- bound to the law that brings death. -That is Israel. The Jews and those that follow Moses-- binding themselves to the law.

Genesis 16 tells the seed story from two perspectives-- again, a free woman, and also a bound woman-- a slave. Yet many years after Abraham and Sarah- and the seed of that union, it is their seed that becomes bound to the law that brings death. It's only a remnant of her seed that remains.... only a remnant that become free from the law that brings death.

And it is this small group that the dragon comes to battle against. Paul, remember-- when he 'made war' with the remnant, -Paul was on the side of the law and the remnant he battled against were those who had been made free from it. Steven's testimony couldn't be more clear. Yet folks ignore it.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
A Christian and those free of the law of sin, follow the law of life, and follow it in tribulation, as Jesus walked in, and all the apostles walked, in, as there has always been, or there would never have been faith, nor be faith now.

A Christian cant be exampled in words, so forums are not a very good example to say the least.

Here is a rare example again:

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.