Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@AlwaysOnAJourney - In regards to your "Angry" we can all get angry. Some have found various ways of processing it. I was very angry a few months back so I got on-line to find verses in the bible about being angry. It was like healing palm. Immediate release, because I found a scripture that resonated in my heart.
Ecclersiastes 10:4 says:

If the ruler’s anger rises against you, don’t leave your place,
for calmness puts great offenses to rest.

Ointment to my soul! :stageright:

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, get into the habit of reciting the Lord's Prayer, that Jesus, taught His Disciples.

The part I want you to concentrate on is:

Give us our Daily Bread [Manna]
Forgive us/me of all of our/my Sins
As I FORGIVE those "who SIN" against me.

We are Commanded to Forgive, and it is a Condition that if we "do not" Forgive, Our Heavenly Father will not forgive us.

But, if You practice this, I promise, Your Anger will calm down.

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sorry for being off topic. I did not realise that this was in the Prayer forum. I will place this in the appropriate forum as many have already posted replies. The prayer forum is for prayers rather than discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS TOPIC BEING MOVED OUT OF THE PRAYER FORUM! I was not the one who turned it into a discussion!
Brother, it has become a discussion about various subjects already. Can you chisel down to something more specific, even if it is one prayer a day! "Let your requests be known..." That scripture applies with this too :)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say all of this to tell you this: Today I was seriously tempted to delete my account, and leave!
Oh, please no!! You would probably be surprised to know that there are others out there that feel as you do.

I know that sometimes when people give advice , it comes off as sterile and uncaring, and it's like we are just supposed to do it, instead of receiving some compassion and understanding which we all need. It's like a bunch of cards in different boxes, and if someone has a problem, you just go to the box that is about the problem, pull out a card relating to it, read it, and viola!! problem solved. We are more complex than this. Thanks be to Christ who can see us as we really are.

I love reading what you write and would miss you terribly if you were not here♥

Reactions: Lambano

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate it when people come to the prayer request section and start quoting me scriptures I already know! It is not a problem of knowing what the bible says, it is a problem of following what the bible says! You actually made me more frustrated and angry by doing this! I'm really thinking long and hard about deleting my account. Maybe that way I can live in peace, at least I won't have people throwing salt onto my wounds.

I have no idea if doing what you just did really helps anyone. I've had other people quote scripture and tell me what to do before. This sort of thing never seems to make me into a better Christian. I feel more frustration and more anger, and instead of becoming more Christlike, it feeds into my temptation to become more rebellious! Maybe it's my pride? I don't know. I don't intend to be prideful. Anyways, this is another reason why I put this in the prayer request section. I didn't want this to be a discussed, I already have an idea of what God wants out of me, and I'm having a hard time doing it. So I asked for prayer, but you give me instruction instead! I sure hope you prayed before doing this. Maybe I should just give up and go to Hell? Sure would be a lot easier, then turning the bible into a ritual. "Every morning I get up and quote the same passages over and over and over again". Who is really changing my heart then? Me or God? Sounds like I'm doing all the work. Perhaps this is works based salvation? So much for his yoke being easy and light. How much bible should one quote to ones self everyday? All of it? Nobody does that, they pick and choose pet scripture verses like you just did! I can sure see how Christian forums and other forums for that matter drags people out of peace. It's a place to argue different views. I guess that is why the prayer section of this site doesn't really work! People say something and then it pricks someone, and then soon something is happening.

Matthew 7
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Jesus the Great High Priest

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[f] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

By the way, you know what else? You are supposed to be careful with swords. That way you only do the damage that is necessary. If my feelings on this matter are correct, and maybe it's just my pride, I don't know. Then that means quoting scripture like what was just done, caused damage, and didn't help.
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. There is a whole lot of wisdom here which you have shared and explained.
I hear you.
Your insight is a blessing to this forum and I thank God for you.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate it when people come to the prayer request section and start quoting me scriptures I already know! It is not a problem of knowing what the bible says, it is a problem of following what the bible says! You actually made me more frustrated and angry by doing this! I'm really thinking long and hard about deleting my account. Maybe that way I can live in peace, at least I won't have people throwing salt onto my wounds.

I have no idea if doing what you just did really helps anyone. I've had other people quote scripture and tell me what to do before. This sort of thing never seems to make me into a better Christian. I feel more frustration and more anger, and instead of becoming more Christlike, it feeds into my temptation to become more rebellious! Maybe it's my pride? I don't know. I don't intend to be prideful. Anyways, this is another reason why I put this in the prayer request section. I didn't want this to be a discussed, I already have an idea of what God wants out of me, and I'm having a hard time doing it. So I asked for prayer, but you give me instruction instead! I sure hope you prayed before doing this. Maybe I should just give up and go to Hell? Sure would be a lot easier, then turning the bible into a ritual. "Every morning I get up and quote the same passages over and over and over again". Who is really changing my heart then? Me or God? Sounds like I'm doing all the work. Perhaps this is works based salvation? So much for his yoke being easy and light. How much bible should one quote to ones self everyday? All of it? Nobody does that, they pick and choose pet scripture verses like you just did! I can sure see how Christian forums and other forums for that matter drags people out of peace. It's a place to argue different views. I guess that is why the prayer section of this site doesn't really work! People say something and then it pricks someone, and then soon something is happening.

Matthew 7
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Jesus the Great High Priest

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[f] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

By the way, you know what else? You are supposed to be careful with swords. That way you only do the damage that is necessary. If my feelings on this matter are correct, and maybe it's just my pride, I don't know. Then that means quoting scripture like what was just done, caused damage, and didn't help.
Dude, Everyone is having a hard time doing what God wants them to do. You ain't different than anyone else. Some have just finally grew to deal with it differently. this is your big issue? Paul, who wrote 2/3 of the New Testament, had to come to the point where he would wake up, pray for God to [his words] crucify his flesh/murder it, and go about his day. For someone to be dealing with what Paul did, including when he was Saul, the man, must've been dealing with serious issues to always be talking about he was the Chief Sinner, he needs to crucify his flesh daily, and there's a list of things Paul goes into detail about what he faced every day of his life.

And God used him so mightily, he influenced the World for Jesus, he wrote 2/3 of the New Testament, went to Heaven for 3 days, gave us the definition to the Gifts, the Fruits of the Spirit, the Church hierarchy, how to obey in Church, and so much more. And, he even had a demon for a personal Thorn in the Side. the Brother, was a miserable soul who became a Conqueror in Christ.

He's Someone who should inspire us all.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to go back to work today without having anything against anyone. But thanks to some of choices made on this forum, that will not be possible. It always takes time for me to cool down. And I don't think this has anything to do with forgiveness. The subject of forgiveness could be a total discussion on it's own! I've heard whole long sermons on it, and there are books written on it! That should tell you that it isn't just a 1,2,3, thing.
Is everything always Someone Else's Fault?