Reunite Under The Pope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Pope Benedict XVI Plans to reunite Anglicans with Roman Catholics under the leadership of the Pope are to be published this year. The proposal, is designed to encourage Christian unity. It has been discussed by senior bishops of both Churches and is being reviewed by the Vatican. If agreed, it would see Anglicans reunited with the Roman Catholic Church just under five centuries after the Protestant split from Rome. In a document titled Growing Together In Unity And Mission, the Anglican-Roman Catholic Commission for Unity and Mission, set up in 2000 to try to bring both Churches together, outlines how they could unite and calls for a "full, ecclesial union". Such a historic reunion is seen as highly unlikely, not least because of turmoil among Anglicans themselves over gay ordination. Divisions have erupted on that issue as archbishops of the 38 provinces of the Anglican Communion meet in Tanzania, with primates at the conference sending a message of support to orthodox members of the US Episcopal Church who are opposed to its ordination of gay bishop Gene Robinson. Seven of the conservative primates have refused to share communion with Episcopal Church leader Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori. But the Anglican-Roman Catholic Commission claims that there is enough common ground between the two Churches to make a "call for action" to unite them. It also outlines ways in which the two sides could be amalgamated. These include Anglicans accepting the Pope as universal primate, inviting lay and ordained members of both denominations to attend each other's gatherings, and inviting Anglican bishops to accompany Catholic ones on visits to Rome. It has also suggested that special protocols be drawn up to handle the movement of clergy from one Church to another and it lays out the common teachings for children at the Sunday schools of both churches.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
I agree with Called 2 Conquer practically entirely. It feels like little more than a gimmick to try to let the Pope gain power over all Christians again, only this time through the back door.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
That's not going to happen. Christians can't get along within their own denomination. How can they ever hope to unite all denominations? Especially when some denominations are false.

atrhick

Mar 15, 2008
Without going to the meat and history of doctrine I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a feeling it will. What is the saying… ignorance is bliss. Watch, ignorant people will make ignorant decisions and boom the once separate protestant churches will reunited with the Catholic church. I believe some church denominations have already said the split was a mistake…:naughty:

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
to be quite honest with the way that things have become so watered down and tolerant regarding churches and what is allowed in and out of them, I would be remiss to say that it won't ever happen. The agenda is to unite all religions and all denominations...UNITY they say, one world religion one world order. I would no more say that Catholicism and Protestant will never unite as I would never say that the United States will never be attacked by another country-oh wait that has happened.Right before 9/11 I was talking with someone who actually said that no country would ever be brave enough to attack the US...that statement was as wise as the person who said not even God can sink the Titanic. The arrogance of those two statements were like tempting God to prove He is God. EEK!:eek:We are headed for a one world government, one world monetary system and one world religion. In this place anything can happen. Never say never.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Jon-Marc;41008)
That's not going to happen. Christians can't get along within their own denomination. How can they ever hope to unite all denominations? Especially when some denominations are false.
Can I get an AMEN from the congregation on that one! Best post I have seen in months........

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amen JackieShes not wrong havent you heard Antichrist will cause all small great rich and poor to follow after him and his one world religionthat is all except the overcomers that are and will be of the Elect and refuse and stand by the two wittness's

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Christians or trib saints will be tolerated somewhat for a time but at the beginning of the great tribulation when the mark to buy and sell is enforced Christians will have to go underground.
Where does it say this? Interested to know since the word Christian did not appear until Acts 11:26 and the fact Jesus never heard the word. Just trying to figure out hpw Christians become such an important part of it...Acts, Chapter 11, 026: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.Acts, Chapter 26, 028: Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.1 Peter, Chapter 4, 016: Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalfMatter fact did an online Bible search of the word and only came up with three times...

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Thats cool no problem....."Followers of the Way" hmmmmm think I will use that wording sounds better than Christian and not as argumentative....

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Your wrong in saying catholics and protestants will unite.
if you read enough of the religious goings on in this country you will see that it is already happening.
I never said that she was wrong in regards to anti-Christ and thought I made that clear. If you keep in mind that when the rapture happens ( before anti-Christ actually comes to power) for a time (maybe seconds or minutes or even hours) there will be absolutely no Christians on earth.
see this is the problem right here...you have got the rapture stuff all in your head and can't see the forrest through the trees...I never said anything about the antichrist...FYI: for all who don't know what antichrist is..it is anything that is against Christ.Revelation talks of a beast and a second beast...not antichrist..go to 1 John..(Paraphrased) many of you have heard of the antichrist to come, there are many antichrist's among us even today.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Be hard for any denominations to unite because none of them agree on anything. If they do unite as you say look out it could spell diaster in words that stretch from this board to Seattle. Be honest its a doomed caused and all too little to late.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Called 2 Conquer;41591)
Believe what you want. I told you the truth. Catholics make overtures to the protestants all the time telling use to come home. Protestants on the other hand are content to remain seperated from the RC. Speaking purely for myself I am a follower of Christ I am not now nor will I ever be a roman catholic.
I never thought you would be...I don't think that anyone will be calling themselves RC as much as there will be a linking of many denominations and religions and they will just be so happy...being a follower of Christ is the only thing that is going to protect any of us. If we are currently caught up in false teachings and religions, we are in trouble. And that is the truth of all matters. Anyone who is dabbling in falseness regarding the word of God and practicing religion that is contrary is susceptible to the beast.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Called 2 Conquer;40969)
I am sorry, the new pope may think he can unite the catholics and the protestants but its just isn't possible. Can anyone see the catholic priest's reaction to a protestant dancing in the isles during worship? Or the protestant churches adopting the catholics "church arobics"? How about a protestant shuch teaching that the pope a living breathing human being no matter how pious and devout is infallable? I am not anti-catholic by any means but the simple fact is, with the exception of salvation through Jesus, the two parts have very little in common. No protestant will except the Apocrypha as a lititimate part of the bible. Nor do we beleive the church needs to sign off on the bible for it to be accepted like the catholic bible which contains the words Nihil Obstat ["no objection" ]. the two are just too far apart to be reconciled this side of heaven.
You mean Charismatic. Protestants don't dance (we clap our hands at the most).