Revelation 7: The Tribes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
This verse 23 places this event in the future at Christs Return.Ephraim carries the stick of Josephwhen Christ returns and he always has as Jordan said son of my right hand he was given the inheratance .....
Thank you Christina, there is nothing more greater than other verses to make some other verses more clear, the only way God's words should ever be handle. From these verses it is clear, where Joseph is used in Rev.7:8 it would have been a better interpretation to have written Ephraim instead of Joseph. But God is who makesthe call of the verses and it is up to us to search out the rest of the bible for the clarity. Vickie

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thank you Christina, there is nothing more greater than other verses to make some other verses more clear, the only way God's words should ever be handle. From these verses it is clear, where Joseph is used in Rev.7:8 it would have been a better interpretation to have written Ephraim instead of Joseph. But God is who makesthe call of the verses and it is up to us to search out the rest of the bible for the clarity. Vickie
I agree Gods Word always interprets itself but the term was used for a specific reason .... To lead you back to this verse or to study Joseph and his sons... because its the part of the secret or better said a revealing of Whom is who that is Judah (named for the largest tribe) and Israel (named for the Largest tribes Ephraim and Mannash sons of Joseph) explainng they are seperate Israel(Joseph,Ephraim and Mannash)(10 n.tribes)And Judha (Judah Benjaminw/some Levites)( 2 s.tribes)they are now two seperate peoples/Nations divided we call them Christian and Jew they will be rejoined And then we see them rejoined As the Whole House of IsraelNote of interest In fact Within the The story of Joseph and his coat of many colors is a type/ picture of this very thing ..You will see ten brothers leave and two stay a picture of 10 and 2 10(Israel 10 N.tribes) and 2 (Judah 2 S. tribes)there is much there for one who wants to dig.

Rich Mckee

Mar 30, 2009
Because they both are idol worshippers. Ephraim (Hosea 4:17), Dan ( numerous references in the OT but study Judges predominately).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well true but that's explains nothing sense All of Israel (the Ten northern tribes were divorced by God for Idol worship. So thats not the Entire answer. Only a generality The fact is Ephraim is included as I explained in my post #20