REVIVED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does the body of Christ truly understand revival ? my answer no i dont think we fully do !

qot questions uses this term Revival refers to a spiritual reawakening from a state of dormancy or stagnation in the life of a believer. It encompasses the resurfacing of a love for God, an appreciation of God's holiness, a passion for His Word and His church, a convicting awareness of personal and corporate sin, a spirit of humility, and a desire for repentance and growth in righteousness. Revival invigorates and sometimes deepens a believer's faith, opening his or her eyes to the truth in a fresh, new way. It generally involves the connotation of a fresh start with a clean slate, marking a new beginning of a life lived in obedience to God. Revival breaks the charm and power of the world, which blinds the eyes of men, and generates both the will and power to live in the world but not of the world.

revival rekindled renewed one can compare to the valley of dry Bones in ezekiel . we can be in church..yes that place we need to attend . know the Bible and still need revived . in the valley of dry bones . it was asked can these bones live again? when God breathed life into these bones life came back . at our church we attend about a month ago .it burnt down our services off on was good. the pastor gave a good message . how much was it took to heart. only the individual in there knows .
after the building burnt the next service we had . our attendance increased. you could sense the spirit moving . people where happy to be back together . if you have never read about the great welsh of 1904-1905 i suggest you read upon it . this revival soon spread to the united states . the spirit quickens yes in most cases a series of preaching takes place. people respond to the word of God. i am not a writer i preach and NO i do not write my sermons/ messages out.
in the revival i was saved at it lasted 4 weeks. one week by on minister and 3 weeks by another. great things took place but soon after the services was over. attendance dropped the church went into a slump. the pastor soon stepped down. the brought in another man a former pastor . it was good for a period then soon the flesh moved in again... so my question did the Church experience real revival ? in closing think of revival as CPR CARDIO HEART PULMONARY LUNGS.. RESCETATION -BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE ..

no this is not about holy spirit or holy ghost or virgin mary or water baptism.. but what is revival to you . if you died and cpr revived you would you want to die again ?????

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We experienced revival as a fellowship back in '99. People visited us from all over...very little loose time. But God provided all.

I came to the Lord in a mini revival as well. Back in 1980. I was on the same block as a house church that was experiencing revival. I never met them till a few years later. The Spirit was over the whole part of town...I was baptized in the Spirit in my room after a massive conviction of sin. All this directly from God...never met a believer.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all the more reason why the Church is in the shape it is.. the world has shaped / conformed it simply not interested in revival you can read the post in here sad to say post like this will get very little response . if we hunger and thirst for righteousness then we will want revival :eek:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, maybe it's like Jesus said, the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few? Meaning, the Church is in need of wise, passionate and invigorating preachers and leaders. But, all the same, I believe that it really must be hard for a pastor to be continuously fresh and interesting for 52 weeks of the year. But some people just have a knack of making a simple message, exciting? Not everyone is a Billy Graham, Charles Spurgeon, John Chrysostom or John Knox? But, all the same, maybe it is a matter of finding competent leaders. Some compel by their wisdom and insight, others by their knowledge of the Bible and theology, some by their passion for the Word, others for their love of the people. Either way, just having someone with the audacity to get up and speak in front of others, is not enough. We've heard enough stories of people leaving the Church or losing faith either due to questionable teachings, or teachers.
I wish I had both the confidence and wisdom to be a compelling and inspiring Church leader, but I don't believe that I do. But, I believe that, that is one aspect required of stimulating a revival?