sacrifices

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
ok well there are many things we could discuss about the old rituals, but the question to start this is, why are sacrifices sweet savours unto the lord?..Levi 1:9he also mentions this many times in the bible...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It was all about teaching that there was a penality for sin and that a greater sacrafice would come in form of Christit was only sweet savior to God because the people were learning what they were being taughtand not worshiping false gods

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
hmm... ok ok, i understand that- but i think i was looking at it from a perspective of God, actually enjoying the food..but then again, it kinda sounds wierd, since he is spirit lol..any other takes on this? i guess it's just a philosophical question...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think it was all about the fact if they( early Hebrews) were sacraficing to him they were worshiping the one true God the whole Bible is an overall and in depth teaching bookhe tells us how the teaching began with sacrafices the ordancences laws ect and brings over time to Christ and eventully to the End.The early sacrafices were a type of Christ to come and in Christ he was well pleased I think the fact that he was pleased with sacrafices was a prelude or type of this. Its why the sacraficial lambs ext.had to be perfect without spot

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you remember after Christ he said he hated thier sacrafices because there was no futher need for it.