Satan Strikes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, when we put ourselves in the position to be tempted.

James 1:13-15
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
You think he waits for that to happen? The Bible teaches Satan rules this world. Have you noticed what's happening in the world?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think he waits for that to happen? The Bible teaches Satan rules this world. Have you noticed what's happening in the world?

You think the Lord told us a falsehood in James 1:13-15 ?

The reason why the world is in the shape it's in is because mankind has submitted himself to the devil and rejected the Lord.

This happens in people's lives when they are drawn away from the Lord by their own carnal desires and are enticed to follow the devil..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the Lord told us a falsehood in James 1:13-15 ?

The reason why the world is in the shape it's in is because mankind has submitted himself to the devil and rejected the Lord.

This happens in people's lives when they are drawn away from the Lord by their own carnal desires and are enticed to follow the devil..
Those verses do not state that Satan doesn't tempt us. Didn't Satan tempt Eve?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses do not state that satan doesn't tempt us.

I go by what God says in His Word. You however are free to do whatever.

Those that desire things they should not be desiring, are causing their own willingness to be tempted.

Eve failed to follow God's instructions so she was naive and easy to tempt.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go by what God says in His Word. You however are free to do whatever.

Those that desire things they should not be desiring, are causing their own willingness to be tempted.

Eve failed to follow God's instructions so she was naive and easy to tempt.
John says the world is in the power of Satan. How do you interpret that?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says the world is in the power of satan. How do you interpret that?

So what?

I've been called OUT of the world into the Lord's marvelous light to abide in Him.
Translated from darkness into to the Kingdom of God's Son.

The world should not dictate to Christians how their lives will go

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It seems to me Satan likes to strike at the very moment we are in doubt - that is when he tempts us.

Doubt invites him in.

And a person who believes they can lose their Salvation, essentially lives in doubt, so, that allows the Devil a lot of opportunity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

To follow the Devil is to go the "way of the world".. as the devil is the "god of this world".

This is why the NT tells us to "be in it, but not OF it".

in other words...>"you are stuck there, its not your home, however, you are not to be like it."

Do not allow it to make you into its IMAGE

The world system essentially runs on LUST.

it wants you to want what it sells your flesh, and most of that is through the Media.

People buy what the media sells.. and that can be products, or lies, fear, false crisis, .... a presidential candidate, Transgenderism, Gay Marriage and Adoption... or a new bible.

Humans have strong desires, and the media is designed to feed it some idea, or product, or person.

"Why do you want that"...

A.) Its because i just saw it on a SCREEN.

Why do you want THAT Brand.

AA) Because i just saw it on a Screen

In the '60's, the Old Time Preachers in the USA called the TV... "The Hell Box".

What would they call it now.... '

= "The Devil himself" ???????

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what?

I've been called OUT of the world into the Lord's marvelous light to abide in Him.
Translated from darkness into to the Kingdom of God's Son.

The world should not dictate to Christians how their lives will go
So what? I think there is a lesson to be learned there.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what? I think there is a lesson to be learned there.

I'm a citizen of the Kingdom of God and abide in Christ so satan does not influence me or direct how my like is run.

in other words...>"you are stuck there, its not your home, however, you are not to be like it."

Do not allow it to make you into its IMAGE

I'm abiding in Christ and will not be allowing the devil to do anything in my life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm a citizen of the Kingdom of God and abide in Christ so satan does not influence me or direct how my like is run.

He can't harm your Salvation, but he can harm your life.
He can influence your thinking..

There are people on this Forum, who .. one day, "believe this", and the next day" "believe that".

Back and forth......like a mental yo-yo.

That is not just them........and they dont realize it.

The Battlefield between You and the Devil, is in your head.

I'm abiding in Christ and will not be allowing the devil to do anything in my life.

Abiding in Christ does not stop the Devil.

The Devil, came to Jesus Himself...

You can't "abide in Christ in a greater capacity then to be Christ"......and it didnt stop the Devil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think Satan tempts each of us.

You are tempted when your own lust leads you there.

Here is an example..

Lets say that a Good person and a Life Long Thief are in a room.

On the Table is a jar filled with $100 Bills, USD.. There must be $200,000 USD, in that clear cookie Jar.

So, the Thief goes to the Bathroom, and the Good Person looks at the Jar and thinks.... "i wonder why someone leaves all that money in a cookie Jar"..

Later the Good person goes to the Bathroom and the Thief, opens the Jar and takes out $20,000 USD and puts hides it in in His jacket.

So, why did one not do that?

Its because that one was not lead by His LUST to do it.

The Money is not the Temptation... Its the Lust in the person that causes them to want to steal.

So, that "lust and want" can be triggered by what you see or hear, or it can come into your mind by a demonic spirit, and that triggers you.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you care about those around you?

Sure, but I cannot make decisions in behalf of others.

I'm only responsible before the Lord for my life, not everyone else's life.

but he can harm your life.
He can influence your thinking..

No, not true because I don't allow him to.

The Battlefield between You and the devil, is in your head.

And the Lord has given me authority over my mind because it's my mind and I have the ability to decide on what I think about and what I don't think about. The devil cannot make me think thoughts I do not want to think!

All people have this ability and the Lord will hold us responsible if we choose to think the lies of the devil which are in opposition to God's Word where if accepted we turn away from God's Word.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, not true because I don't allow him to.

The "wiles of the devil" are never ending.

What we do is "armor up" and get our mind right, and our Theology in line with God's truth, and then we watch and pray and go about doing good.

The devil cannot make me think thoughts I do not want to think!

The Devil can't make you dwell on it.. but he can put them in there.

And once in there, we as believers, don't let them manifest into imagination., as once there, the Lust has entered.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "wiles of the devil" are never ending.

So what? God's Word is even more powerful and are eternal.

All one has to do is what Jesus did when satan tempted Him which is to stand your ground refusing to move and take the sword of the Spirit which is the spoken Word of God and beat the devil; with it until he leaves.

When the devil comes around again, repeat.

The Devil can't make you dwell on it.. but he can put them in there.

So what? The dark thoughts of the devil cannot enter in to my thinking unless I allow them to.

The thing to know here is all of us have the ability and the right to reject the devil's dark thoughts because we can do all things thru Jesus Who strengthens us (Phil 4:13)

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of His divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And once in there, we as believers, don't let them manifest into imagination., as once there, the Lust has entered.

So don't let them in!

People need quit being so impressed by the devil.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are tempted when your own lust leads you there.

Here is an example..

Lets say that a Good person and a Life Long Thief are in a room.

On the Table is a jar filled with $100 Bills, USD.. There must be $200,000 USD, in that clear cookie Jar.

So, the Thief goes to the Bathroom, and the Good Person looks at the Jar and thinks.... "i wonder why someone leaves all that money in a cookie Jar"..

Later the Good person goes to the Bathroom and the Thief, opens the Jar and takes out $20,000 USD and puts hides it in in His jacket.

So, why did one not do that?

Its because that one was not lead by His LUST to do it.

The Money is not the Temptation... Its the Lust in the person that causes them to want to steal.

So, that "lust and want" can be triggered by what you see or hear, or it can come into your mind by a demonic spirit, and that triggers you.
I don't doubt that I don't tempt myself, but the Bible teaches Satan rules the world.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Bible teaches us to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Yes it does, but it never says you can make decisions for others.

If I could I could help people so much more, but since they are making decisions for themselves there's not much I can do for them.

You can pray all you want for someone but if they keep making decisions to let the devil lead them astray then that's what's going to happen to them continually.