Satan Strikes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me Satan likes to strike at the very moment we are in doubt - that is when he tempts us.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me Satan likes to strike at the very moment we are in doubt - that is when he tempts us.
He's no fool--he strikes when he sees a potential victim. But he's a fool for choosing to rebel against God and for choosing to attack the innocent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe you've been attacked by Satan himself? How would you know?

Much love!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, then DON'T doubt! :cool:

Why are people blaming the devil for their temptations anyway?

Every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed - James 1:14

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he MAY devour - 1 Peter 5:8

Why not decided to be one he MAY not devour?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The adversaries of God are all around us. The spirit of rebellion is growing stronger.
They will try to convince you to join with them in their unbelief.
Doubt is like a seed that is planted in your mind. And if given root it will grow.
Pluck it out. Stay focused.
God loves you.
Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, but, well, you don't have to answer my question, of course.

Much love!
Yes, I believe Satan tempts us.

I know that I am tempted, and when that happens, I'm not concerned with where the temptation comes from. I'm concerned with how to deal with the temptation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know that I am tempted, and when that happens, I'm not concerned with where the temptation comes from. I'm concerned with how to deal with the temptation.
So then you are thinking Satan has given you his personal attention?

I hear people talk this way, as if Satan were like God, able to be everywhere at once. I don't see that being true.

Much love!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you are thinking Satan has given you his personal attention?

I hear people talk this way, as if Satan were like God, able to be everywhere at once. I don't see that being true.

Much love!
I think Satan tempts each of us.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though I share your perception, there is nothing in the Bible to indicate that Satan is omniscient. There are no verses that say he knows everything or that he can read our thoughts. But he is very adept at predicting human behavior because he’s seen it operate for so long. I believe that perhaps his minions are at work?

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The world - money, power, fame, sex - tempts us. Friendship with the world is enmity with God. Hence my little truism "Temptation is more easily avoided than resisted." Give me Jeff Bezos' money, power and fame and I'm not sure what sort of mess my life would be. Satan and his minions may egg things on if we choose friendship with the world, but I really don't see them as creating temptations for someone who is walking a path of righteousness. If I feel tempted, I look first to myself as the reason.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or that he can read our thoughts
Revelation 2:23 KJV
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Here Jesus identifies Himself as "he which searches the reins and hearts", so, God is the only one who does that.

Much love!

Reactions: Adrift

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world - money, power, fame, sex - tempts us. Friendship with the world is enmity with God. Hence my little truism "Temptation is more easily avoided than resisted." Give me Jeff Bezos' money, power and fame and I'm not sure what sort of mess my life would be. Satan and his minions may egg things on if we choose friendship with the world, but I really don't see them as creating temptations for someone who is walking a path of righteousness. If I feel tempted, I look first to myself as the reason.
We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one. 1 John 5:19 RSV

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one. 1 John 5:19 RSV
If the whole world were in the power of the evil one, that would leave no room for the Holy Spirit. The whole world may be subject to the influence of the evil one, but we avoid this by (1) not being conformed to the world and (2) allowing the Spirit to guide us on a path of righteousness. To the extent I feel tempted or actually do stumble, I look to myself for having failed in regard to #1 or #2. To the extent we live according to #1 and #2, I don't believe Satan has any power.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the whole world were in the power of the evil one, that would leave no room for the Holy Spirit. The whole world may be subject to the influence of the evil one, but we avoid this by (1) not being conformed to the world and (2) allowing the Spirit to guide us on a path of righteousness. To the extent I feel tempted or actually do stumble, I look to myself for having failed in regard to #1 or #2. To the extent we live according to #1 and #2, I don't believe Satan has any power.
John wasn't lying - but we aren't of the world.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Satan tempts each of us.

Yeah, when we put ourselves in the position to be tempted.

James 1:13-15
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.