Satan Turned To Ashes Upon The Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of my Christian brethren that don't study their Old Testament Books, maybe this will steer you into doing more Old Testament Book Bible study.

The following Ezekiel 28 Chapter serves as prophecy about Satan himself, using the prince and king of Tyrus as TYPES for Satan. It is like a parable, as there are specific verses that cannot apply to any flesh-born man like the historical prince and king of Tyrus (i.e., Tyre). That is how we know God is giving deeper information using parable, allegory, etc.

It is very important to first understand that the specific sin which Satan did against God in the beginning involved wanting to be GOD, coveting God's Throne which was originally Satan's job to guard. This is revealed in this very Ezekiel 28 Chapter.

Ezek 28:1-10
1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2 "Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, "I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas"; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Firstly, the word "Tyrus" is put for the ancient city of Tyre, a rock island originally off the coast of ancient Phoenicia, what is today called Tyr in southern Lebanon. Tyre or Tyrus means 'rock'. The ancient city was isolated on an island just off the coast, and was surrounded with two levels of 150 foot walls. It could not be conquered from the sea, and there was no land bridge out to it. It was a great city of world commerce, very rich. Alexander the Great conquered the city by moving earth out to it, building a land bridge which still exists today.

This "prince of Tyrus" represents the flesh king of Tyrus. He claims to be God, but God says he is just a 'man'. (Coveting God's Place was Satan's original sin of rebellion back in the old world prior to Adam.)

3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Already, God is starting to point away from flesh man, and instead to a supernatural entity. Think of what it means for someone else to be "wiser than Daniel".

4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

That is pointing to the wealth and riches in trade traffic done through that ancient rock island city of commerce of Tyre. The nations came to it for trade and commerce.

5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:
6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;
7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

And that literally happened, with the eventual destruction of the rock island city of Tyre by Alexander, and then its abandonment later in history, with just poor fishermen dwelling there, as God said He would do according to His prophet in Isaiah 23.

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

But the above judgment by God is starting to look like God is not really talking about a flesh prince of Tyrus anymore, because God is linking that sentence above to this prince of Tyrus claiming that he is God.

9 Wilt thou yet say before Him That slayeth thee, 'I am God?' but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of Him That slayeth thee.
10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD."
KJV

God says to him, "Will you still claim to be Me when I slay you?" This is actually pointing to Satan now, why? Because no flesh-born man is judged and sentenced to perish yet. That judgment doesn't happen for those born in the flesh until after Christ's future return, per Rev.20 with God's Great White Throne Judgement of those cast into the future "lake of fire". Some have a difficult time understanding this, but it is why we find no Scripture about a flesh born person already sentenced to perish in the future lake of fire. There are warnings of the danger of hellfire, but only Satan and his angels so far have already been judged and sentenced to perish.

(Continued...)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

This next part of Ezekiel 28 is going to definitely point to Satan directly...

Ezek 28:11-19
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

That is now God speaking about the 'king' of Tyrus. God is here pointing directly to Satan with this king. Those ideas of sealing up the sum (the finished pattern), full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty, is not just about anyone. It is specifically about Satan when God originally created him perfect.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Now it should be strongly obvious that God is speaking of Satan in the above. No flesh-born king of Tyre has ever been in God's Garden of Eden. But Satan was, as "that old serpent" of Genesis.

The above comparison of jewels is to show how Satan was originally exalted by God, before he rebelled in coveting God's Throne for himself.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

A Cherub only applies Biblically to a supernatural being. Satan was originally created as a shadowing, or covering Cherub, his duty being to guard The Mercy Seat of God's Throne. That is what that idea of "covereth" is pointing to.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Satan originally followed God, was right there at God's Altar in the heavenly, and was literally perfect in his ways, ... until... he coveted God's Place and wanted to be The GOD. This Truth destroys any... idea of men that Satan was created to be and do evil. That is not how God says here that He created Satan. Only after Satan had rebelled, and God had judged and sentenced him to perdition in the future lake of fire, did God begin using him against the rebellious of this present world.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

God did cast Satan down when he coveted His Throne, wanting to be GOD, ending that old world before Adam. Notice God points to Satan with that "multitude of thy merchandise" idea. That links the idea of commerce and the "traffik" of Ezekiel 28:4-5. The Ezekiel 31 Chapter points to Satan have been originally exalted over "great nations", suggesting at the time of his originally rebellion in that old world before Adam, that nations existed on this earth, and Satan ruled over them.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

We're getting closer to the Scripture support for my title of this thread, i.e., God's eventual punishment of Satan in final. God said He will cast Satan to the earth. He did at Satan's original fall.

But that prophecy that God would do that in conjunction with laying him before kings, and those kings even beholding him, i.e., 'seeing' him, that is pointing to the end of this world. The next verse makes this event meant as literal...

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

That is God's sentence upon Satan in final. A fire will burn from within inside Satan, turning him to ashes upon the earth, and what? That will happen "upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee." Did you catch that? upon the earth? in sight of those who see it?

How then will Satan come to be "upon the earth" for that future event of his destruction, being turned to ashes?

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
KJV

That is pointing to Satan's perishing by the "lake of fire" after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20 will happen immediately prior to all the wicked, the abode of hell, and death, being cast into that "lake of fire." Moreover, it is pointing to that burning of Satan happening literally upon this earth.

So again, how... would Satan be here upon the earth for that future destruction to happen, and in sight of those who see it?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following Ezekiel 28 Chapter serves as prophecy about Satan himself, using the prince and king of Tyrus as TYPES for Satan. It is like a parable, as there are specific verses that cannot apply to any flesh-born man like the historical prince and king of Tyrus (i.e., Tyre). That is how we know God is giving deeper information using parable, allegory, etc.
In my own system of Bible Study, I do not impose concepts on Scriptures that aren't actually there. Unless some passage is said to be a parable of Satan, or it obviously sounds like a parable, I consider it illegitimate to bestow upon the Scripture a quality it does not itself say it has.

The passage explicitly is about the king of Tyre. If it appears to have an association with something similar to what we know about Satan, that may be illegitimate. But to derive truth from the passage as if it is a parable of Satan with truths we can determine about Satan, that is beyond the word of God in this instance.

What is legitimate, I think, is to recognize the quality of Satan in leaders and in people throughout the world. The Apostle John wrote, "The whole world is under the power of the Evil One."

The important thing, when reading this is to see the carnal qualities in this evil king, which you rightly point out. If we are mature Christians the mark of that maturity is to recognize when we are acting in a carnal way and when we are acting in a spiritual way. When we do this, we are able to subdue our carnal impulses, and turn our carnal tendencies into spiritual ones.

To lift ourselves up in the flesh, above the control of the Holy Spirit, is in a sense to deify ourselves, to make ourselves as a god. We need to always keep our head low, to humble ourselves and to confess when we are guilty of blatant rebellion against God's word. In that way we will be restored.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Continued...)

This next part of Ezekiel 28 is going to definitely point to Satan directly...

Ezek 28:11-19
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

That is now God speaking about the 'king' of Tyrus. God is here pointing directly to Satan with this king. Those ideas of sealing up the sum (the finished pattern), full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty, is not just about anyone. It is specifically about Satan when God originally created him perfect.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Now it should be strongly obvious that God is speaking of Satan in the above. No flesh-born king of Tyre has ever been in God's Garden of Eden. But Satan was, as "that old serpent" of Genesis.

The above comparison of jewels is to show how Satan was originally exalted by God, before he rebelled in coveting God's Throne for himself.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

A Cherub only applies Biblically to a supernatural being. Satan was originally created as a shadowing, or covering Cherub, his duty being to guard The Mercy Seat of God's Throne. That is what that idea of "covereth" is pointing to.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Satan originally followed God, was right there at God's Altar in the heavenly, and was literally perfect in his ways, ... until... he coveted God's Place and wanted to be The GOD. This Truth destroys any... idea of men that Satan was created to be and do evil. That is not how God says here that He created Satan. Only after Satan had rebelled, and God had judged and sentenced him to perdition in the future lake of fire, did God begin using him against the rebellious of this present world.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

God did cast Satan down when he coveted His Throne, wanting to be GOD, ending that old world before Adam. Notice God points to Satan with that "multitude of thy merchandise" idea. That links the idea of commerce and the "traffik" of Ezekiel 28:4-5. The Ezekiel 31 Chapter points to Satan have been originally exalted over "great nations", suggesting at the time of his originally rebellion in that old world before Adam, that nations existed on this earth, and Satan ruled over them.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

We're getting closer to the Scripture support for my title of this thread, i.e., God's eventual punishment of Satan in final. God said He will cast Satan to the earth. He did at Satan's original fall.

But that prophecy that God would do that in conjunction with laying him before kings, and those kings even beholding him, i.e., 'seeing' him, that is pointing to the end of this world. The next verse makes this event meant as literal...

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

That is God's sentence upon Satan in final. A fire will burn from within inside Satan, turning him to ashes upon the earth, and what? That will happen "upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee." Did you catch that? upon the earth? in sight of those who see it?

How then will Satan come to be "upon the earth" for that future event of his destruction, being turned to ashes?

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
KJV

That is pointing to Satan's perishing by the "lake of fire" after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20 will happen immediately prior to all the wicked, the abode of hell, and death, being cast into that "lake of fire." Moreover, it is pointing to that burning of Satan happening literally upon this earth.

So again, how... would Satan be here upon the earth for that future destruction to happen, and in sight of those who see it?
Toooooo long

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Toooooo long
I also would like to say, based on the above response, that kind of response to coverage of a Bible Chapter line upon line, verse by verse, is not... the way folks like Truth7t7 are apparently... used to hearing a preacher preach in a Church.

A true Bible student would be overjoyed to attend a Church that covers God's Word line upon line, verse by verse, instead of the hireling that gives 'fantasy' sermons quoting just one verse from The Bible and then going on a totally irrelevant rant about some aspect of their own life, or about money, and often taking that single verse way out of its Biblical context where it was written.

To be a 'disciple' of Jesus Christ means to DISCIPLINE oneself in His Word of Truth, The Bible. That is where that word 'disciple' comes from, i.e., the idea of 'discipline'. And if the believer cannot even pay attention long enough to cover a Bible Chapter line upon line, verse by verse, then why should God show them anything.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also would like to say, based on the above response, that kind of response to coverage of a Bible Chapter line upon line, verse by verse, is not... the way folks like Truth7t7 are apparently... used to hearing a preacher preach in a Church.

A true Bible student would be overjoyed to attend a Church that covers God's Word line upon line, verse by verse, instead of the hireling that gives 'fantasy' sermons quoting just one verse from The Bible and then going on a totally irrelevant rant about some aspect of their own life, or about money, and often taking that single verse way out of its Biblical context where it was written.

To be a 'disciple' of Jesus Christ means to DISCIPLINE oneself in His Word of Truth, The Bible. That is where that word 'disciple' comes from, i.e., the idea of 'discipline'. And if the believer cannot even pay attention long enough to cover a Bible Chapter line upon line, verse by verse, then why should God show them anything.
Tooooo long