Satan's temptation: Believe in falling with salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

This is the doctrinal temptation pitched to Jesus by Satan: unconditional eternal salvation and security with God.

I.e. Believers can willingly fall to temptation and sin, and God will take charge over their souls to keep them saved.

It of course takes out the centerpiece of the verse, as well as the one condition of God's covenant relationship with man, to sin not:

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

The promise and charge of God over His own people is to keep us holy and righteous and in all our ways,

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

We know that whosoever is born of God is not sinning; but he that is begotten of God is keeping himself, and that wicked one is touching him not.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Satan's promise is to keep us saved and alive in all our ways, whether doing good or evil.

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And what do believers in this doctrine of unconditional godhood say in all 'humility'? "It's all in God's hands to save and keep us saved." And again, "There's nothing we can do keep our salvation, because it's all up to God to do it for us."

I love how God in the Bible always has a verse or two, that ends every debate about the things of God and man. The doctrine of being saved and lifted up with God, while willingly falling to sinning, is Satan's.

I had suspected that the single most great delusion of the ages, is unconditional eternal salvation and security with God. And here we have the Bible showing that lie, as being the one and only recorded doctrinal temptation of Satan offered to the Son and sons of God.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wynona

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The angels of God help us to keep ourselves in the pure and holy will of God. The angels that sinned help us to believe we are in the pure and holy will of God, while falling to sin with Satan.

Or as some such believers boldly put it, "I am going to sin later, tomorrow, and most likely the next day, but God sees me as holy, sinless, righteous."

• Love

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Having our eyes opened to good and evil, is the double heartedness warned against by Jesus Christ:

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

The eye being evil, is being open to temptation to also doing evil, rather than just doing good. As a person may say: "I'm open to suggestions."

The eyes of your heart being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

By the doctrine of the serpent, it's the eyes of the heart being enlightened, with possibility of being as gods alive by the power of one's own will and faith.

It's the heart being open to the lust of the devil against the will and Lordship of God:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

And so, we notice that old serpent the devil is the first on earth to preach sons of God shall not surely die by disobeying the Lord, and at the same time that being double hearted toward doing both good and evil, is the enlightened doctrine, that God knows and accepts it on earth.

Afterall, the rule of all unrepented sinners by common practice and consent, is that disobeying God in the flesh is more or less inevitable for all men, including all His sons on earth. (Well, except for one, but He doesn't really count, does He?)

• Love

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post sister. The devil is trickster. He twists Gods word around just enough to make it lie.
As in Matthew chapter 4 .

John chapter 8 . Jesus tells us, satan is liar and father of it. There's no truth in satan.

Any wonder from revelation chapter 13, that many people will chase after satan as false messiah near future. Those who are biblically illiterate dont have prayer of chance.

John chapter 6:66. Many disciples walked away from Jesus. They wouldn't accept sound doctrine. Only 12 followed Jesus.

2 Timothy chapter 4 :3 tells us some people wont endure sound doctrine.

Any connection between 2 Timothy 4:3 and 2 thessalonians chapter 2 :10.
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusions, that they should be believe a lie.

Many people will worship antichrist near future. Many people will be in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked until judgement day.

Some people rather listen to traditions of men and fairytales.

Satan promotes false doctrine. False preachers are servants of satan.

Thank goodness we have some women of God and men of God, who won't sugar coat Gods word.

Peace.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good post sister. The devil is trickster. He twists Gods word around just enough to make it lie.
As in Matthew chapter 4 .

John chapter 8 . Jesus tells us, satan is liar and father of it. There's no truth in satan.

Any wonder from revelation chapter 13, that many people will chase after satan as false messiah near future. Those who are biblically illiterate dont have prayer of chance.

John chapter 6:66. Many disciples walked away from Jesus. They wouldn't accept sound doctrine. Only 12 followed Jesus.

2 Timothy chapter 4 :3 tells us some people wont endure sound doctrine.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusions, that they should be believe a lie.

Many people will worship antichrist near future. Many people will be in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked until judgement day.

Satan promotes false doctrine. False preachers are servants of satan.

Thank goodness we have some women of God and men of God, who won't sugar coat Gods word.

Peace.
They depart though as God the Father has not granted them to come to Christ. They are not of 'us', not of God, they are of the devil.
John the apostle also says the same, the reason they leave is they are antichrists and antichrists do not have God as their Father God, they follow the devil as their Father as they are of him.
People really are aligned one side or the other, never neutral.
Those who refuse to come to Christ have no anointing from God to know the truth as God has not granted them to come to Christ.

John 6
64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[d] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you[e] know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

John 5
36 But I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. 37 And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. 38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

John 8
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?

47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Reactions: strepho

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Good post sister.
Thank you. If I can make it any clearer and better, let me know.

Nor do the biblically twisting.

Well now. I like that. Reminds me of 666 talents going to Solomon's head.

A point on John 6. This is where many Jewish disciples turned back to Jesus' Jewish enemies. I believe the one thing that most offended the Jews trusting int he flesh, was when Jesus told them that the flesh profits nothing in the promised seed to Abraham, which is Christ.

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
I believe this strong delusion is in fact the old serpent's first promise to sons of God: Ye shall not surely die by disobeying God.

It's accompanied with Satan's doctrinal temptation to the Son and all born again sons of God: We can willingly fall to sin with salvation sustained.

Unconditional eternal security of the soul, is the strong delusion of the ages.

True.

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

More than just the temptation to sin, it's much more tempting to trust in doctrinal fables, that justify our souls while disobeying God.

Rather than just do the will of God by grace and repent.
I have known double minded Christians, and was one myself, who knew we needed to repent and be delivered. We still preached the word of righteousness without compromise.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

What Jesus can't stomach is the unrepented, that join Satan in justifying it. And not just by twisting the words of God, but in the very beginning openly declaring the exact opposite.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Peace to your too.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great blindness the enemy weaves over peoples eyes is that snare that leads them to believe eternal irrevocable grace of God's faith and salvation can be lost by our doing.
We do nothing to save ourselves yet we can do something to overcome God's compact.

Very sad.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The great blindness the enemy weaves over peoples eyes is that snare that leads them to believe eternal irrevocable grace of God's faith and salvation can be lost by our doing.
Satan agrees with you.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Or vica versa. Since that old serpent and Satan first preached it to man.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

We do nothing to save ourselves yet we can do something to overcome God's compact.
Partly false and partly true, just like the serpent of old.

We can repent for Jesus' sake to receive His saving faith, and save ourselves from the condemnation of the unrepentant:

And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

However, once washed from our old sins, we can conversely overcome God's Spirit of grace to fall into sinning again, rather than continue walking with Jesus and keep overcoming sin:

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

If they shall fall away, to renew sins again unto repentance; they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Very sad.
True. Hearers sinning away God's longsuffering day of grace to repent, makes God sad:

Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

All the hearers only need to do, is just as we are told from the beginning by Jesus and just repent already:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

But so long as some would rather hear Satan's promise of unrepentance, rather than God's promise by repentance, then what is God to do?

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

God's Son has died for us, but He won't repent for us. We did our own sinning without Him, so we can do our own repenting for Him.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would go much much further and say that those who are only biblically literate won't have any chance of enduring the upcoming tribulation. But those who have developed the practice of being led by the SPIRIT sent from Father and being able to receive personal direct revelation from Jesus through Spirit of God will have within them the means to endure extreme hardship, torture and threat of being killed.
Is the Spirit the answer, being God in us, downloaded into us so we can produce the divine LOVE that attracts people to Jesus. How well do we know this Spirit, the deposit of God's kingdom in us, the power of God in us, the revealer of God's truth in us, the divine GPS from God downloaded in us. For without Him we will not be able to know where to go, when to go, how to go and why we go. And then when He has led us there, He is the One Who enables us to carry out the specific role and function Jesus sent us. Oh, what a fantastic and precious gift Father has given us. My heart is filled with gratitude when, like now, I am reminded of Who this Spirit is and what He does for me personally.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I would go much much further and say that those who are only biblically literate won't have any chance of enduring the upcoming tribulation.
The promised tribulation of saints has been here since the beginning of Jesus building His church on earth. The greatest tribulation on earth for all saints will be with the last antichrist to come.

But those who have developed the practice of being led by the SPIRIT sent from Father and being able to receive personal direct revelation from Jesus through Spirit of God will have within them the means to endure extreme hardship, torture and threat of being killed.
True. The saints endure to the end the same as the Son: by faith and the Spirit. But unlike the Son who had the Spirit and the Father, we can have the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.

Physical attack is the last option of the the devil. He begins with the spiritual warfare of temptation of the flesh and of doctrine.

As we see, his first temptation to man and woman was doctrinal, with physical. It was the same with Jesus with temptation of the flesh and then of doctrine.

Is the Spirit the answer, being God in us, downloaded into us so we can produce the divine LOVE that attracts people to Jesus. How well do we know this Spirit, the deposit of God's kingdom in us, the power of God in us, the revealer of God's truth in us, the divine GPS from God downloaded in us. For without Him we will not be able to know where to go, when to go, how to go and why we go. And then when He has led us there, He is the One Who enables us to carry out the specific role and function Jesus sent us. Oh, what a fantastic and precious gift Father has given us. My heart is filled with gratitude when, like now, I am reminded of Who this Spirit is and what He does for me personally.
God's GPS in us:

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of knowing Jesus our Lord,