Saying goodbye:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting this goodbye so I won’t be tempted to change my mind in the morning. After—don’t know how many years— I’ve decide to leave the forum. This place has started to influence deep insecurities that have always been within me. It feels way too much like I’m back in High School. For real. Similar to tables in a lunchroom where one table is the popular kids, at another table is the brainy kids, at another the mean boys, at another those kids who like science, at another table those kids who don’t talk much. I ask myself every day why I waste time I could be doing something else …even if it is laundry or dishes. I don’t regret coming here though because you all have inspired me from the very beginning to keep studying; but still I’m not sure where that has led except a whole mess of confusion with countless different perspectives. It was easier as a little girl being taken to a Baptist church and being told by my upbringing “this is what we believe”. I think for the longest time I’ve been searching for some kind of validation and in searching for validation… I doubt more and more.

Hope you decide to not leave or if you do leave to return. Always an option.
You recognize and divide people as you recognize people divide themselves.
You can take or leave or verify what any person says AS it being Scripturally Sound, or not.
Remember, you were never told to “follow men”. I recognize divisions among men, same as you, as you noticed and compared to “high school days”.
I do not “follow other men”. I do listen to what they SAY. I do verify what they SAY. I do agree with some. I do disagree with others. AND KNOW WHY, I agree or disagree.
Everyone is NOT on the same PAGE, or uses the SAME words to convey their thoughts. Some are Specific, Some are Vague.

You are the ONLY ONE who will be Judged on what you Believe, what you Do....and your ONLY Judge that matters in the Big Scheme of things...IS Christ Jesus...(not other men).
IF you DO nothing else, but heartfully Believe and submit your whole life, body, soul, spirit, unto Christ the Lord Jesus...YOU HAVE successfully accomplished YOUR reasonable Service as a Servant unto the Lord.
THAT is the grandest accomplishment an individual can do, to be assured to Forever Be with the Lord God Almighty...FOREVER.
Nothing can Change or Reverse THAT accomplishment, of The Lords Works accomplished IN YOU. Be comforted in THAT.
IF debate and other men’s words are not to your liking, scroll on by, ignore.
IF what other men say, captures your interest, go Verify if what they say IS true in Scripture. Maybe you will learn something you had not before known.

Take a break if you must. The door swings both ways, to come in or go out of this forum...
God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Posting this goodbye so I won’t be tempted to change my mind in the morning. After—don’t know how many years— I’ve decide to leave the forum. This place has started to influence deep insecurities that have always been within me. It feels way too much like I’m back in High School. For real. Similar to tables in a lunchroom where one table is the popular kids, at another table is the brainy kids, at another the mean boys, at another those kids who like science, at another table those kids who don’t talk much. I ask myself every day why I waste time I could be doing something else …even if it is laundry or dishes. I don’t regret coming here though because you all have inspired me from the very beginning to keep studying; but still I’m not sure where that has led except a whole mess of confusion with countless different perspectives. It was easier as a little girl being taken to a Baptist church and being told by my upbringing “this is what we believe”. I think for the longest time I’ve been searching for some kind of validation and in searching for validation… I doubt more and more.
i think that is an intended progression vij, "Jacob wrestled with Yah," but i wish you well on your path. I suggest that no one knows anything essential that you somehow have yet to learn, or need to know, fwiw.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heart broken here. :(

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are loved dear sister . What validation are you seeking for . You will be missed sister .
It could have truly been so simple if we had only learned the scriptures and not the precepts of men .
Oh how simple it could have been and what great hope and joy the lambs could have had as they rejoiced
and waited for the coming of the Lord JESUS . You are loved dear sister .

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once was in the same situation as you now are in. So many different views and doctrines of the same topic. For example, Jesus CAN'T be returning three or four different ways, can He? Of course not!
His Return is only going to be one way, and it may NOT be any of the ways that "church-ianty" fabricates it.
YOU need to find Him ONLY about that, as well as the hundreds of other topics that connect to it. So, as you can see, its not going to happen over night. There is ALOT of useless and erroneous baggage that you have accumulated. It's time to unload!!

So then, what shall you do?
Ans. Literally and spiritually throw yoursel upon His mercy and understanding, and let John 16:13 (His Spirit) be your only truth for learning "His thoughts and His ways"- Isaiah 55:8-9 and Zechariah 4:6. And then
STOP reading any and all religious commentaries.

However, having said that, this site, with all it's controversy, will supply the challenge for you to be open minded, and through it, you will find "the Mind of Christ" only.
In essence, THAT IS what is literally happening to you. When you allow Him to do so, He will sort it all out for you, allowing you to reject and trash all preconcieved, false thoughts and ideas about God, that have been lodged in your head since childhood.
"There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.
"No one single church has all of His truth, but all of the churches do have some of His truth."- Earburner

Reactions: Hidden In Him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Searching for validation and approval from men is the wrong way to go. He will lead you to a giving up of that, even in your very own family. It is painful at first. You will find you give it up but there is still that one person whose validation and approval you still seek. And then He will take you from that also. Then you find yourself, not doing things to gain something from someone for yourself, but rather doing them because it will be helpful for them or will lighten their load in some way, either actual or…spiritual.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Searching for validation and approval from men is the wrong way to go. He will lead you to a giving up of that, even in your very own family. It is painful at first. You will find you give it up but there is still that one person whose validation and approval you still seek. And then He will take you from that also. Then you find yourself, not doing things to gain something from someone for yourself, but rather doing them because it will be helpful for them or will lighten their load.

thank you. @stunnedbygrace. So many times I’ve read your post which seem genuine and they are so helpful!!! (And encouraging!)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you. @stunnedbygrace. So many times I’ve read your post which seem genuine and they are so helpful!!! (And encouraging!)

It is encouraging to know what God will do and bring to someone who has picked up their cross. They will think it sounds very good and encouraging what He will do for them if they keep trusting Him to do it. For someone who has yet to pick up their cross to die to the flesh inside their cup, it will sound very unencouraging and distasteful!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Victory, I am so happy to see you are back, or visiting? So understand the "validation" thing. I am still trying to "fit in" somewhere. It is not spiritual validation but a simple acknowledgement from others in a church, if not then you are invisible and might as well just stay home. To me, it is shunning of a sort and it is abuse IMHO. If you cannot feel comfortable enough to approach other church members (or, attendees), there is zero fellowship.

There are so many cliques (yeah, just like high school) in the church's. How precious would it be to find a church group who welcomes you with the love of Christ! This site IS my church group yet...there is still so much missing with not having face to face fellowship but, I would rather go it alone that way than leave church in a state of sadness every time.

I do so hope you will reach out to Him and cling sister.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Victory, I am so happy to see you are back, or visiting? So understand the "validation" thing. I am still trying to "fit in" somewhere. It is not spiritual validation but a simple acknowledgement from others in a church, if not then you are invisible and might as well just stay home. To me, it is shunning of a sort and it is abuse IMHO. If you cannot feel comfortable enough to approach other church members (or, attendees), there is zero fellowship.

There are so many cliques (yeah, just like high school) in the church's. How precious would it be to find a church group who welcomes you with the love of Christ! This site IS my church group yet...there is still so much missing with not having face to face fellowship but, I would rather go it alone that way than leave church in a state of sadness every time.

I do so hope you will reach out to Him and cling sister.

you wrote ‘I am still trying to "fit in" somewhere. It is not spiritual validation but a simple acknowledgement from others in a church, if not then you are invisible and might as well just stay home. To me, it is shunning of a sort and it is abuse IMHO.’ First) me too! in trying to fit somewhere. Also what you mentioned about feeling invisible. I thought about this the other day in relation to Moses which astonished me when I read the verse where Moses saw as seeing Him who invisible. I was like …what!?!? Always assuming those OT passages where as visible as a storm with lightening on the horizon. Does that make sense? Anyways the thought made me really consider all the passages concerning “invisible” and: bringing to nothing those things which are visible by that which is invisible. Maybe God can relate to being invisible and the desire or Hope of being made manifest in all things? I don’t know…just a thought. I hope you had a blessed holiday!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know, the strangest thing is…dying men can sometimes be much more noticeable in their horridness than men who have been taught their flesh will just always be there on this earth. The former actually seem WORSE often than the latter do, who aren’t struggling. It used to seem so mysterious to me but no more - dying is a struggle with your passions that rule over you. And it takes tremendous trust.

And things that seem to comfort others, like…your flesh will always be with you in this life, do not comfort them but make them wish to die even more because they are odious to themselves on the inside. They are greatly discouraged by what encourages other men and vice versa.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you wrote ‘I am still trying to "fit in" somewhere. It is not spiritual validation but a simple acknowledgement from others in a church, if not then you are invisible and might as well just stay home. To me, it is shunning of a sort and it is abuse IMHO.’ First) me too! in trying to fit somewhere. Also what you mentioned about feeling invisible. I thought about this the other day in relation to Moses which astonished me when I read the verse where Moses saw as seeing Him who invisible. I was like …what!?!? Always assuming those OT passages where as visible as a storm with lightening on the horizon. Does that make sense? Anyways the thought made me really consider all the passages concerning “invisible” and: bringing to nothing those things which are visible by that which is invisible. Maybe God can relate to being invisible and the desire or Hope of being made manifest in all things? I don’t know…just a thought. I hope you had a blessed holiday!

"Hebrews 11:27, "By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible."

Amazing the things we can read over and over again and they do not come to life well...until He reveals them! He works so perfectly, inexplicable He is!

Thinking about giving the church gathering another chance. I know of an older couple, friends of my brothers and mine too...they are starting their own church in their house. The church they were going to for many, many years has disappointed them no end. Months back, the pastor there said to the congregation that if one takes the "Mark", they will not necessarily become separated from God! Peg, Pauls wife (the elderly couple) actually broke out in tears, left with her husband to never again return. Thinking of asking if they might have any room for one more :)

Sister, I pray God will bless you crazy abundantly in ALL areas of your life. It does hurt when we see our sweet brothers and sisters leave us :( I was so HAPPY to see that you had posted!

God bless and keep you in His loving hands.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you know, the strangest thing is…dying men can sometimes be much more noticeable in their horridness than men who have been taught their flesh will just always be there on this earth. The former actually seem WORSE often than the latter do, who aren’t struggling. It used to seem so mysterious to me but no more - dying is a struggle with your passions that rule over you. And it takes tremendous trust.

And things that seem to comfort others, like…your flesh will always be with you in this life, do not comfort them but make them wish to die even more because they are odious to themselves on the inside. They are greatly discouraged by what encourages other men and vice versa.

No, no stroking in fleshly ways...tough love is actually true love when spoken and sprinkled with grace.

I think there should be such a thing as a Spiritual Physical Therapist :D
Someone who will push you further and deeper into scripture...like keep asking things like 'so, what is that verse pertaining to' 'keep digging' 'what speaks here to you when paralleling with other scripture'? Etc. Like a Spiritual boot camp lol.

Not sure this has much to do with what you said but then, there ya have it! :D

Reactions: TLHKAJ