Science.... is like being a fish!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To a fish... the entire universe is water. That's all that they can see is water since they live in water and cannot see beyond the lake or pond in which they live.

But, there are these other fishes that swim by sometimes that tell a different story... they say they were swimming along one day and that saw some food floating in front of them on a hook... they were hungry so they took a bite.

And, BOOM.... they were yanked up out of the water, outside of the pond and there were people out there and dry land and air and birds and dogs and other freaky creatures they had never seen before!

And of course all the other fish think these fishes are nuts, claiming there's another world outside of the pond in which they all live where the science of the fishes have established long ago that the universe is made of water and there is nothing but water cause... they can see nuthin but water!

This is exactly how science is.... they draw all their conclusions based on limited sight. They are limited to the physical realm in which we live and have no choice but to go by the five physical senses known as taste, smell, touch, hearing, and sight.

To science, if it cannot be accessed by these 5 senses, then they don't exist.... so just like the fish they think this natural physical world in which we live is reality and there is nothing beyond what we can taste, smell, touch, hear, or see.

This is why God's Word says.... true Christians live by faith, not by sight or any of the senses. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

So much for science being accurate and knowing all things as they present themselves!

Reactions: ScottA

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To a fish... the entire universe is water. That's all that they can see is water since they live in water and cannot see beyond the lake or pond in which they live.

But, there are these other fishes that swim by sometimes that tell a different story... they say they were swimming along one day and that saw some food floating in front of them on a hook... they were hungry so they took a bite.

And, BOOM.... they were yanked up out of the water, outside of the pond and there were people out there and dry land and air and birds and dogs and other freaky creatures they had never seen before!

And of course all the other fish think these fishes are nuts, claiming there's another world outside of the pond in which they all live where the science of the fishes have established long ago that the universe is made of water and there is nothing but water cause... they can see nuthin but water!

This is exactly how science is.... they draw all their conclusions based on limited sight. They are limited to the physical realm in which we live and have no choice but to go by the five physical senses known as taste, smell, touch, hearing, and sight.

To science, if it cannot be accessed by these 5 senses, then they don't exist.... so just like the fish they think this natural physical world in which we live is reality and there is nothing beyond what we can taste, smell, touch, hear, or see.

This is why God's Word says.... true Christians live by faith, not by sight or any of the senses. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

So much for science being accurate and knowing all things as they present themselves!
you obviously are not a scientist!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WHY would I want to lower myself to be like those guys

They foolishly make assumptions as being fact when they only see a portion of the playing field.

Seems like that is your issue as well as you have lowered yourself to their level as well and not only in this thread. Just an observation, on my part.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like that is your issue as well as you have lowered yourself to their level as well and not only in this thread. Just an observation, on my part.

Well, everyone is welcome to their own observations.

Even erroneous observations such as yours! cool3.gif

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, nor have I ever heard of, any scientist who would claim that science knows all things. Quite the contrary, science is constantly testing new hypotheses.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, nor have I ever heard of, any scientist who would claim that science knows all things. Quite the contrary, science is constantly testing new hypotheses.

Uh huh, you must not be paying attention very much.

They claim so called "climate change" is settled science which is laughable.

They claim the covid vax is safe and effective which is laughable.

Science portrays its self as all knowing, all wise, and only place to find truth which is also laughable.

They claim everyone must trust medical science which is nothing more than experimentation which is laughable.

If it weren't for the Lord... mankind wouldn't know the difference between gold and dirt!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh, you must not be paying attention very much.

They claim so called "climate change" is settled science which is laughable.

They claim the covid vax is safe and effective which is laughable.

Science portrays its self as all knowing, all wise, and only place to find truth which is also laughable.

They claim everyone must trust medical science which is nothing more than experimentation which is laughable.

If it weren't for the Lord... mankind wouldn't know the difference between gold and dirt!
I don't know who the "They" are in your view -- scientists are not homogeneous, and debate among themselves on the validity of climate change, on Covid vaccines' side effects, and on many other things. Actually many scientists are theists. I suggest you read this carefully: Religion and Science (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know who the "They" are in your view -- scientists are not homogeneous, and debate among themselves on the validity of climate change, on Covid vaccines' side effects, and on many other things. Actually many scientists are theists. I suggest you read this carefully: Religion and Science (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

They do NOT debate on the issues of the covid vax, climate change, or gender benders!

Those that do get fired and lose their scientists license! laughing6.gif

Unless you're a liberal and only look at liberal news feeds, you would have noticed that there have been scientists fired for not towing the liberal party lines on covid vax and so called climate change. It's very ridiculous.

What you are talking about is how it used to be... it's not that way anymore as those funding scientific research demand that the research agree with their political dogma... such as people being and able to change their gender! crazy.gif

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are many scientists that believe in God, and perhaps what you have presented would be better said of atheists--but your point is well taken, and much of science is just as you say.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many scientists that believe in God, and perhaps what you have presented would be better said of atheists--but your point is well taken, and much of science is just as you say.

Belief in god... that could be anybody!

Many of them now believe in intelligent design but this is causing many of these guys to believe aliens created the universe and mankind... not leading them to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Most people that claim to believe in "god" are not Christians.
When I hear someone say they believe in God, I frequently ask them "Who is God"?

Rarely do I get a biblical answer because they aren't Christians and never mention Jesus at all.