Self-Awareness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o_O:oops: This is so telling...

We can only get to where we are going by walking away from where we've been.
You cannot walk away from your flesh. You are stuck with it until you die or are raptured.

Your old nature, flesh, will, as Paul says, War with your new nature and will sometimes win, causing you to sin.

There is no such thing as total sanctification.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, too many preachers are telling people God loves them just as they are, so they remain just as they are and then call themselves Christians. This is the cause of many false gospels, and stems from many false gospels.

Some people are just offended.....

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, too many preachers are telling people God loves them just as they are, so they remain just as they are and then call themselves Christians. This is the cause of many false gospels, and stems from many false gospels.
Yes, agreed. I was listening to christian radio this am and the guy kept saying -God is Love and He loves everyone over and over with no qualifyer that God loves us & but wants all to come to repentance & faith in Jesus. Just only love preached --no Gospel message.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this to me leads to the true self-awareness for any child of God, that this is exactly what we are, God's spirit children, born, not created, alive in Him, and as He lives, so we live.

I think this awareness of God living in and through us is what 2 Corinthians 3:18 is speaking of:

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

We see what God does in us, and realize that this is who He is making us, as we come to live that life.

Much love!
Mark
Amen!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel message is love God and love neighbor.....not sure how you missed it, tzcho2

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel message is salvation by faith in ChristVia his death, burial and resurrection..

You mean believing in transformation into a perfect lover by faith in Love who sacrificed His life because He loved us so much and resurrected and sits at the right hand of love?

Yep, sounds like the gospel to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean believing transformation into a perfect lover by faith in Love who sacrificed His life because He loved us so much and resurrected and sits at the right hand of love?

Yep, sounds like the gospel to me!
Christ is that the right hand of God.

My faith is in Christ.

While Christ loves, the better description is he is just.

He loves everyone but out of justice he will send the majority people to the lake of fire for eternity.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is that the right hand of God.

My faith is in Christ.

While Christ loves, the better description is he is just.

He loves everyone but out of justice he will send the majority people to the lake of fire for eternity.

If God is Love and
Christ is God
Christ is love