Serious Question...if Christians Are Saved...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Then why are there so many parables taught by Jesus warning that many will be left out...
Many will weep and gnash their teeth...
The parable about 5 wise and 5 foolish believers with and without oil for burning lamps of which the five foolish servants without the oil got left out...
The parable about 3 servants given different amount of talents of which the least talented got left out...

etc. etc.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
Maybe because this is Old Testament teachings and we now live in the New Testament (Covenant)?

This is not a parable...John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Then why are there so many parables taught by Jesus warning that many will be left out...
The parable about 5 wise and 5 foolish believers with and without oil for burning lamps of which the five foolish servants without the oil got left out...
The parable about 3 servants given different amount of talents of which the least talented got left out...

etc. etc.

It is dispensational. This is written within the confines of the proclamations, specifically the proclamation of the king. This is to be understood in this manner. There will come a time even yet future in which this will become active in the national sense, we will have moved out of the dispensation of grace and into judgment. Those who had few talents at that time will have little or no knowledge of the kingdom truths. The five foolish virgins will have not listened to the prophecy of the two witnesses or at least understood it.

Irish

ronniechoate34

Mar 9, 2010
It's because many people will follow the path that seems right to them rather than choosing the right path.

Proverb:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverb:16:25: There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Let's pray that Jesus Christ sets us all on the right path, and that we never lose sight of Him while He guides the way for us.

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006

etc. etc.

And also Paul also said not all believers are saved...

'For their God is their belly,and their glory is to their shame...' (concerning believers)
And...
'I have taught you all things, therefore if anyone perishes, the fault is not mine...'

etc. etc.

It is dispensational. This is written within the confines of the proclamations, specifically the proclamation of the king. This is to be understood in this manner. There will come a time even yet future in which this will become active in the national sense, we will have moved out of the dispensation of grace and into judgment. Those who had few talents at that time will have little or no knowledge of the kingdom truths. The five foolish virgins will have not listened to the prophecy of the two witnesses or at least understood it.

Irish

Need scripture quotes

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010

etc. etc.

Ah........I see you are trying to break out of the boundaries that have been placed upon you.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007

etc. etc.
Christians have received salvation / sonship / the new, eternal abundant life, but, many don't live it, they become "cursed children" (2 Peter 2:14).

The point of receiving God's Spirit is so that you can obey God, you have a new heart and mind, His.
"sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience" (1 Peter 1:2)

"Once saved always saved" is like the first heresy, saying the resurrection is passed already.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Romans 11:22)

Christians should read those parables and take careful note, many apply to them!

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
Yes, what does this mean?

I will do this for you.

I will give you an example of a boundary that was placed upon those who inhabit the Earth, of flesh and blood...and has manage(but does not realize they were allowed) to escape that boundary.

The Earth's Gravity.

This is just an example. Maybe it will help you and maybe it will not.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.

etc. etc.

The reason is because, no one is ultimately saved until the resurrection. There are three stages to salvation. The Scriptures speak of being saved in the past, present, and future tenses. When we say someone is saved we are referring to their "initial" (past tense) salvation. This is the point at which a person comes into relationship with Christ. Jesus said, he who endures to the end shall be saved. This is the future and ultimate or actual salvation when we are resurrected. Jesus said to abide or remain in Him, this is how we endure to the end.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
I noticed you offered no biblical proof for that three stage salvation (how sad)?
Maybe cause there is none?

Let me try to explain what Butch5 is talking about as for
as our salvation being in three stages.

God told Israel they were to commemorate their main
experiences in certain ceremonies conducted upon
specific holidays, or festivals. The three main
celebrations were Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles.
These are also known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread,
the Feast of Harvest (or Feast of Weeks), and the Feast of
Ingathering. God's basic instructions were given in Exodus
23:14-17.

14 Three times a year you shall celebrate a feast to Me.
15 You shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread;
for seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I
commanded you, at the appointed time in the month Abib,
for in it you came out of Egypt. And none shall appear
before Me empty-handed.
16 Also you shall observe the Feast of the Harvest of the
first fruits of your labors from what you sow in the field;
also the Feast of the Ingathering at the end of the year
when you gather in the fruit of your labors from the field.
17 Three times a year all your males shall appear before
the Lord GOD.

The feast days of Israel prophesy on three levels. I just
want us to focus on the first level. Level One is the
individual personal level. On this level, the Feast of
Passover is fulfilled in us by our justification by faith in
the blood of the Lamb. Passover was the feast where
the people killed a lamb and put its blood on the door
posts and lintel. As Christians, we know that Jesus is
the true Lamb of God who fulfilled the type and shadow
in His crucifixion at Passover. When we put our faith in
His shed blood, we are justified by faith.

The Feast of Pentecost is the next step in our walk
with God. This is the feast where God begins to write
His law upon our hearts, for it was on this day that He
first spoke the Ten Commandments to Israel in Exodus
20. Acts 2 gives us the manner of its fulfillment, as the
Spirit came upon the disciples in the upper room, and
they all heard the voice of God speaking in their own
language. Pentecost does not deal with our justification,
but with our sanctification. It is the feast wherein we
begin to learn obedience and learn how to be led by the
Spirit during our sojourn in the wilderness.

The Feast of Tabernacles is the final step in our walk
with God. This feast gives us the fullness of the Spirit
and brings us fully into the promise of perfection in our
relationship with Him. These are the three main steps
in our spiritual growth and maturity as we grow up into
the fullness of the stature of Christ.

On the personal side, Passover signifies our Justification
from the bondage of sin ("Egypt"). Pentecost signifies our
Sanctification by the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Tabernacles
signifies our Glorification at "the redemption of our body"
(Romans 8:23), when we inherit our "Promised Land."

Logabe

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI

etc. etc.
It seems that rightly dividing the word of truth here, as Paul instructed Timothy, will result in light for you. Should you fail to correctly cut the word of truth, you will remain unclear, as you imply. These warnings are to the Circumcision, not to us, and find their fulfillent at the coming of the Kingdom out of heaven.
fivesense

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
And Jesus himself also said...
'Not anyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of my Father....'
So this means, even more people would be left out

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
And Jesus himself also said...
'Not anyone who calls me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of my Father....'
So this means, even more people would be left out

Yes...but left out of what? Salvation? No, the 1st Resurrection.

Hebrews 11:35.

35 Women received back their dead by resurrection; and
others were tortured, not accepting their release, so that
they might obtain a better resurrection;

Christians do not lose their Savation, but they will lose
their reward of the 1st Resurrection. They will be judged
@ the Great White Throne with the unbelievers and receive
immortality @ that time.

Which one do you think is the best for you. That's why Paul
said, that he pressed toward that mark of the high calling,
" Priesthood in the Tabernacles Age" which takes place in
the 1st Resurrection.